What's new

Use 2000w to produce 4000w....

Frozenguy

Veteran
power is energy per second.

Unless the 2000 watts is powering a small power station that uses a fuel such as coal, uranium, or oil, that box does not double the energy output rate.

completely impossible as others have stated.

In theory it does not work. It breaks fundamental laws.

Energy cannot be created or destroyed, just transferred.

So you MUST be either pulling the watts from the power company or your are generating your own with a FUEL. I can basically guarantee you there is not a power station in that small box.

jarff

maybe someone has finally perfected a half perpetual motion machine....I can not belive it is possible.Like many posters said you can,t get out more than you put in.....but who am I to shoot it down.

good luck folks

jarff

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
just a few interesting vids to get you brain waves going, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykuZHXtUSEI

The Perendev motor is not being produced because it infringes on three other patons out there from the US.
All three patons out there are still valid.
There are two WO patons that are being infringes also.
I personally know of three patons pending that predates the Parendev by a few years.
This would be Remsource out of Owasso, Oklahoma. Email/// [email protected]
Troy Reed has been working with Remsource for many years to do so.
They are getting ready to release the motor that
The Perendev motor could not be because of many legal reasons of infringement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSiShiu9Sgs&feature=related

and just a thought...magnets contain energy themselves....(energy can be found in many forms, it just turning it into electricity thats the problem), just like the water, the wind..ect magnets do contain power, i think its just time before we figure out how to harvest it.

Frozenguy

Veteran
just a few interesting vids to get you brain waves going, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykuZHXtUSEI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSiShiu9Sgs&feature=related

and just a thought...magnets contain energy themselves....(energy can be found in many forms, it just turning it into electricity thats the problem), just like the water, the wind..ect magnets do contain power, i think its just time before we figure out how to harvest it.

Electromagnetic generators have been in the works since the early-mid 1800's.

The thing is you need to move wires like copper through the magnetic field to generate voltage. That requires work, energy.

How are you going to move it? Well in your car, your engine can do the work by turning the inner workings of your alternator with a belt. But when you start putting a load through your alternator (headlights, radio, seat warmers, fan, wipers etc, your engine works harder and uses more fuel.

Nothing is for free. It doesn't make sense. The universe wouldn't make sense..

In fact they use it in power stations too. Nuclear power stations heat up steam which power turbines that turn electrical generators that use magnets to generate electricity. Same with coal and oil, they heat up water that powers a steam turbine (mechanical energy) which in turn powers the generator and outputs electrical energy.

Just transferring one form to the next.

Last edited:

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
your vehicle will still run and all of your gadgets will still work because of the spinning alternator..

True , but on most modern vehicles you risk an expensive engine management system , many will not start or run without a useable battery present.

A neighbour jump started my van last year with a Discovery and was left dead in the road with an 800 pound bill.

As soon as you use an electric motor to turn a shaft or change voltage or frequency/phase you have lost 10 - 20 % of that energy every time , this is established electrical engineering fact and has been for a century.

Your design will waste at least 30% of the original input and nearer half with standard components , it simply cannot work and easily proven if you really need to see for yourself to believe it.

When the engine is running spinning that high output alternator that is where the power is coming from.

There is a world of difference between turning a shaft with an engine and useing an electric motor to do it , automotive size motors/inverters are 80% efficient at best , the hi tec exotic solutions are still well below 100%.

Have scrapped out/salvaged/repaired a number of large industrial motors , takes a huge torque to turn any shaft above 1 HP by hand against considerable field resistance.

Watts in ICE units is a marketing ploy , audio industry standard is defined as watts RMS at 8 ohms resistance per channel.
Car amps market total music power or similar at 4 ohms or less giveing a ludicrously high figure to advertise that has little to do with sound quality

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
The Competition rated car stereo amps are rated at rms. Thats why my 40w x2 (rms) alpine would blow away my friends' 500w (peak) Kenwood.

A

astra007

hehehe send yer comments to NASA and ask what powers the tractor probe thats still running years after it was supposed to quit.

if they're like me; dont you think our little pink bunny is cute? someday she might fall down a rabbit hole or off a cliff; until then the renewable batteries will keep her going strong.

magnetic ballets loose up to 20% of their energy so the techs came out with the digital ballasts to recover that lost energy or part of it.
and they made them MH and HPS with dimmable switches. 35 years ago, they would have burnt me at the stake for telling about digitals
in this fashion. probably got mayan blood in you somewhere down the lineage.

S

stratmandu

your theory has a hole in it....

lets say the 120v single hot leg going in is rated 15a, then split into 2 for 240 would also split the amps too, so each 240v plug would be rated 7.5a

im no electrician either but this would be common sense, no?

No. Sheesh. You can't split 120 into 240, you use two phases to get 240. The feed to your house is a center-tapped transformer secondary, where the 2 outputs are the hot phases, 120V 180 degrees out of phase, and the center tap is the neutral. From line to neutral you get 120, from line to line you measure 240.
Remember transformers can step up voltage (or step down), but the current goes down (or up) by the same ratio in inverse. I.e an example 1:2 turns ratio tranny will take in 120 V and put out 240V, but the current will be halved. In an ideal tranny , power in = power out. For a 1 A load power in is 120V * 1A = 120 W, power out = 120W = 240V * 0.5A.

In this case a 120v AC motor is spinning a synchronous generator which is generating the 240V output. I GAURANTEE YOU the input power is more than the output power in V * A and will not save you any money. The only thing I see this unit as being useful is when you don't have 240, only 120, but an ordinary transformer would be WAY more efficient than a motor-generator set such as you describe.

Remember, all those assholes that said the world was flat were basing their logic on RELIGION, not SCIENCE. I'll take science over religion every time. :tiphat:

Last edited:
A

astra007

the one thats on mars, you know the RED planet. dont get out much do you? hell i've seen pink bunnies and purple elephants.

how about the 6 mile comet that will go through our system in 2026?

dont look up much do ya? and we worry about energy producing energy? WTF? think about MATTER vs. ANTI-MATTER

i think im stoned, really, really stoned

Frozenguy

Veteran
the one thats on mars, you know the RED planet. dont get out much do you? hell i've seen pink bunnies and purple elephants.

how about the 6 mile comet that will go through our system in 2026?

dont look up much do ya? and we worry about energy producing energy? WTF? think about MATTER vs. ANTI-MATTER

i think im stoned, really, really stoned

Lol I get out a lot. And I know exactly what you're talking about. They know exactly why Opportunity is still running. Wind conditions have blown sand off the solar panels.

They gave it 90 Mars days just as a service guarantee. They knew full well it had potential to run much longer than that. They just wouldn't guarantee it. With that said, they and many others are impressed it is still going. But there is no question as to why.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Some of you are so far behind you think youre in first place.

Even the sun is not 'free energy'. The sun does not create energy, it is the solar systems largest (and currently only) nuclear fusion reactor. The sun will 'burn out' eventually, it will lose its fuel, it is not 'creating' energy, it is transforming it.

Wind, solar, they are all irrelevant to the claims of this contraption. If the machine could turn 2000w into 2001w it would be heralded as the greatest invention since sliced bread (a phrase which was coined by the guy who invented sliced bread).

Azeotrope

Veteran
Allright..... Has anyone here ever been exposed to a Variable Frequency Drive? One thing that I am extremely experienced with is the higher end tech in energy management. motor control, service and engineering. In recent years we have been making huge strides in reducing the KW load on refrigeration compressors, fans and other devices. While I find it unlikely that there is a "magic box" at your grow shop that can do what is described here as that would defeat the most basic laws of physics. What some have been doing is playing with the waste in our standard line service.

Basically, our line is a rolling 60hz sign wave where voltage (AC) is constantly rising and falling. The "60hz" is the measure between the peaks in this sign wave. So for example.. I just removed 2 10hp 460v 3phase motors that used to draw 14amps at 60hz on standard line voltage. Installed two newer more efficient motors that draw 12.5 at full load all other specs the same. However, the active kw or current draw on the building service is only around 8.5amps at full load.... How is that you say?

We use a VFD which is essentially a computer operated bank of capacitors and very high frequency switches that store power from the line coming in and discharge that power at only the "optimum or most efficient/full" voltage. They are able to examine torque maintenance and settle a motor in at peak torque while providing variable speed or RPM. The output is a square wave form DC voltage that is always at premium or most efficient. As a load on standard sign wave AC sees the voltage "roll" it suffers from less than peak voltage and in a inductive load like a transformer or motor, it's amperage and torque (if applicable) rises and falls respectively. Not very efficient. We do manipulate the output hz to motors with these devices to vary their RPMs, but the fact is that with any electrical load it is realy just line regulation. Provide the load with the most efficient or peak voltage required under a given condition to optimize performance.

There are open and closed loop pulse width modulation options for motors, the ability to examine a motor's given field, windings, stator and their design relationship and "auto tune" for what is learned by the device.

I have a quality MetroLight 150w electronic ballast that outputs a 144hz square wave form for the CMH bulbs I like. Draws significantly less than a core and coil would with the same bulb. It is just a fixed out-put form of the capacitor-computer controlled discharge that we use on motors from 2hp to 1000hp.

So no way do you draw 2k and get 4k of output with lights and so forth. You may be able to condition the line some and reduce line voltage peaks and valleys, but to save significant power on grow lights, you would have to use very high quality square wave form output, electronic/digital ballasts that were tuned to the bulb so that the load (arc tube) was seeing stable and optimal voltage at all times. Most current electronics are just that but cheap in that they don't go the extra distance with tuning and square wave form output. They actually eat up most bulbs as the throw out a super high frequency that will ignite/excite the charge in darn near any bulb.

Google Variable Frquency Drive and or square wave form......

Useful Idiot

Veteran
No, with our existing technology, you cannot get out more than you put in. The heavier the electrical load, the higher the mechanical load that is reflected back onto the engine by the alternator drag. In your example of the motor-driven alternator, the motor may pull 200 watts at no load, but if you are generating 1000 watts, it will be pulling somewhere around double that. Try running that alternator with your bicycle instead of your car's engine.

You are mixing up different concepts - even if your stereo was rated at 11000 watts, I would bet that 95% of the time the rms loading wasn't over 50 watts. Stereos have high instantaneous peaks, and low continuous loads. The difference between the alternator output and the demand is made up by the battery (and large capacitors on powerful stereos). The very fact that capacitors can effectively make up the difference is testimony to the short duration of the demand.
Well i'm not one to argue with folks. But I do enjoy debating with folks. Rives??? have you ever purchased a 140 amp alternator from summit racing,then purchased a 4000 rpm elec motor from Grainger,then purchaced a deep cycle battery,then purchased a 1600 watt power invertor to convert to ac????Me either. LOL, I actually think this could work.Now the only reason the battery is needed is because the alternator needs to be excited so to speak. There are self exciting alternators,no battery needed,they cost a tad more. More in a few,gotta check on dinner.