What's new

USA strikes Syria again

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
G `day Giaus

Ouch !
This guy speaks so much truth it makes my ears hurt .

Watched a Ted Talk re US military recruiting . Most of the young folks aren`t fit for military service . Gonna be hard to wage land war in this era .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

i thought even if not completely on topic, enough of it was to make it worth posting here.

anyway this guy Treka, a Syrian secular comedian, talks about the present day situation in the Syrian regime change war, it's very interesting as he sees the local arabic news media, a lot of which never makes it to the msm. imagine how hard it is for a normal non extremists Syrian, to understand that the west is backing people who are stoning woman for adultry, chopping heads off for sorcery amongst a whole bunch of other tyrannical extremism, i wonder how they would like to live under such "rebel" rules. woman not wearing socks can be beaten, forget your gloves, more beating, sit with a woman not your wife, get killed. but oh yeah we have to blackmail the Russians and the Syrians so they don't attack these monstrous headchopping rapists in Idlib. we have to leave the poor civilians at the mercy of these monsters, why? because the US says so.

[YOUTUBEIF]gMuUhyVOtqY[/YOUTUBEIF]

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
i thought even if not completely on topic, enough of it was to make it worth posting here.

anyway this guy Treka, a Syrian secular comedian, talks about the present day situation in the Syrian regime change war, it's very interesting as he sees the local arabic news media, a lot of which never makes it to the msm. imagine how hard it is for a normal non extremists Syrian, to understand that the west is backing people who are stoning woman for adultry, chopping heads off for sorcery amongst a whole bunch of other tyrannical extremism, i wonder how they would like to live under such "rebel" rules. woman not wearing socks can be beaten, forget your gloves, more beating, sit with a woman not your wife, get killed. but oh yeah we have to blackmail the Russians and the Syrians so they don't attack these monstrous headchopping rapists in Idlib. we have to leave the poor civilians at the mercy of these monsters, why? because the US says so.

[YOUTUBEIF]gMuUhyVOtqY[/YOUTUBEIF]

G `day Giaus

Don`t even mention MSM while the truth about Saudi is repressed .
Mean time all the talking about humanitarianism and human rights . There are beheadings and stonings every week in the square .

I took the red pill many years ago .

Thanks for sharin

EB

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
this is from the beginning of the year, but the situation has come round full circle making it pertinent again. also just worth putting up for the record, he's a liberal after all and makes many really good and pertinent points.

Secular Talk: Glenn Greenwald & Tucker Carlson Slam Neocon Warhawks

[YOUTUBEIF]rl9eANlwPw0[/YOUTUBEIF]

and one more

Tomi Lahren Breaks With Trump On Toppling Syrían Government

[YOUTUBEIF]c00IUNlVy98[/YOUTUBEIF]

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
The Syria Deception, Part 1: Al-Qaeda Goes to Hollywood

[YOUTUBEIF]2FUpbZXaN9w[/YOUTUBEIF]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FUpbZXaN9w

*a pretty good documentary that sizes up whats really going on in Syria.

thats a good video man, cheers for the link. these facts need to be spread far and wide, don't let them get people on board with another frigging war. a war which will only make things 100 times worse for the population.

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G `day Gaius

Here `s a quiz ?
Why did the Israelis rescue the White Helmets ?

Could it be they work for Israel ?

And yes I realise every time I type Israel I`m probably getting tracked .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Syrian War Report – September 18, 2018: Syrian Forces Accidentally Shot Down Russian IL-20

[YOUTUBEIF]lwI-LtONDUQ[/YOUTUBEIF]

the irony is extreme, Russian plane taken out by Russian s200 friendly fire. clever Israeli pilots used the IL-20 as a shield from the oncoming s200 missile. will be interesting to see how Putin treats this incident.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Putin reacts to downing of IL-20

Putin reacts to downing of IL-20

BREAKING: Putin On Il-20 Downing: Looks Accidental, Like Chain Of Tragic Circumstances

[YOUTUBEIF]9yyYNej5E5Y[/YOUTUBEIF]

Putin is one cool cat, he never lets emotion guide his actions. he just agreed with Turkey that there will be no attack on Idlib, as long as they make a demiliterized zone along the border, this includes all the fortifications the insurgents built over the last years to protect their border. as well as that, the 2 main highways going north have to be reopened for transit by the end of the year, but most importantly, the group hayat tahrir al sham (Syrian al qaida) has to clear the demiliterized zone and Turkey has taken responsibility to finally separate the last few so called moderates from HTS, nuretin zinki, ahrar al sham, jaish al islam and so on. so while the Syrian government won't be getting Idlib back just yet, if the Turks keep word, the military power of the extremists will be greatly reduced. Putin realized the regime change coalition was getting ready for a full fledged invasion or massive strikes at least, they were just waiting for the excuse to act. by making this deal they are taking the wind out of the regime change coalitions sails. yes they don't get all that they wanted, but they gave up nothing and removed the excuse to do a full attack. quite clever really, most people would have just gone ahead, momentum was on their side and its the last place under terrorist control, but they realized this whole thing has turned into a trap, so they acted to disarm it. now the insurgents can't access the front lines anymore things will calm down for everyone. meanwhile they will make sure that civilians who want to leave Idlib can do so.

a good leader can bend with the wind and adapt to make the best of things as they are, not as he wished they were.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Idlib deal and Israeli strikes explained by Kevork Almassian

[YOUTUBEIF]iSpJgzGCEvk[/YOUTUBEIF]

interesting take on the situation, Russian media claims it was a power station and some research facilities that Israel targeted, not Iranian arms shipments or Iranian bases as the Israelis are claiming.

i like to hear from actual Syrians about events in Syria, i even watch some of the jhadists channels like ogn, as well as the msm, i want to know what every side is saying about shit going down.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
sadly it looks like the regime change coalition isn't even gonna wait for the staged attack, they are already amassing a huge amount of fire power all around Syria. looks like they won't give up till Syria is a pile of ash like Libya...

Rapid Escalation in Syria! NATO Buildup in the Mediterranean, Commander’s Finger on the Button!

[YOUTUBEIF]OSuaSQgKX9o[/YOUTUBEIF]

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G `day Gaius

Re Putin`s cool thinking and strategy.
For a long time Russia was the home of Chess . Late 20th century there came Bobby Fischer .
1 grand master from USA vs numerous from the Soviet Union . Is that a tell ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Klompen

Hopefully soon the S300 and S400 systems will be deployed across Syria to such an extent that Israel can't keep pulling this shit. Unfortunately they have a bad habit of equipping their jets with US military transponder codes so it makes it hard for the SAA to know if they're shooting at American jets or Israelis until its too late.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
As the war clouds darken over Syria, I look for something to lighten my mood after contemplating what death and destruction has already befallen that nation, and what more looks like raining down on them....yet again.

How awful it must be to be in one of the many targets zones in Syria watching what is building up at sea in preparation of what potentially could be a very large assault by a group of western powers.......on a foreign land, once they have figured out how they are going to justify it thru their media circuses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBHHaJmt6R4
The Johnnys - (There's Gonna Be A) Showdown (Official Video) [HQ]

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
G `day Gaius

Re Putin`s cool thinking and strategy.
For a long time Russia was the home of Chess . Late 20th century there came Bobby Fischer .
1 grand master from USA vs numerous from the Soviet Union . Is that a tell ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

to be honest i think Putin is just rather unique in that way, he has a way of dealing with things that go wrong thats shows flexibility and continuous re assessment of the situation. it's not natural for such people to gain power, normally leaders are selfish, egoistical and corrupt and highly ambitious, those traits are needed to even get power. but yes, Putin is playing chess. this move is similar to the one when he convinced Basher Assad to let the opcw clear out his chemical weapons stocks. Obama was at the cusp of ordering an attack when Putin gave him an out. but despite his faults, Obama was flexible, Trump isn't, so only time will tell whether the attack will be launched without a staged provocation, or if they accept victory, in that they stopped the assault on Idlib going ahead. lets hope so.

Hopefully soon the S300 and S400 systems will be deployed across Syria to such an extent that Israel can't keep pulling this shit. Unfortunately they have a bad habit of equipping their jets with US military transponder codes so it makes it hard for the SAA to know if they're shooting at American jets or Israelis until its too late.

yes indeed, Russia should sell the Syrians a number of these systems, even the s300 will be a help, but ideally Putin will say it's time to train the Syrians on both systems, they operate together with the Pansir after all, not much use having the new short range Pansir but only the old s200 for longer range air defenses. but Putin doesn't want to make the Israelis angry, so he might not do it, specially if Israel would agree to always inform them in advance of future attacks. being on bad terms with Israel is not a good move for Putin, he's not interested in Palestinians or even the Syrian Israeli war, just doesn't want his people put in danger. on the other hand he might secretly give them a few of these new systems to protect key installations should they be attacked and unable to be protected with older gear. the moment they turn it on the world will know they have it, so who knows what they already have for protecting key locations. but in the end Russia can't supply Syria enough air defenses to stop a full blown nato attack, probably even a solo US full fledged attack, would quickly saturate and deplete the air defenses. all they really do is make it so there is a price to pay in terms of equipment and men.

As the war clouds darken over Syria, I look for something to lighten my mood after contemplating what death and destruction has already befallen that nation, and what more looks like raining down on them....yet again.

How awful it must be to be in one of the many targets zones in Syria watching what is building up at sea in preparation of what potentially could be a very large assault by a group of western powers.......on a foreign land, once they have figured out how they are going to justify it thru their media circuses.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBHHaJmt6R4
The Johnnys - (There's Gonna Be A) Showdown (Official Video) [HQ]

well for now the all out offensive on Idlib has been taken off the table, but sooner or later the 30 thousand fighters that were shipped to Idlib from all over will have to be dealt with, one way or another, in fact now it's kinda become Turkey's problem, we will see if they try and employ them or jail them lmao. i have a feeling if you make a dmz around Idlib the groups will be at each others throats within days trying to grab more land and power.

Klompen

yes indeed, Russia should sell the Syrians a number of these systems, even the s300 will be a help, but ideally Putin will say it's time to train the Syrians on both systems, they operate together with the Pansir after all, not much use having the new short range Pansir but only the old s200 for longer range air defenses. but Putin doesn't want to make the Israelis angry, so he might not do it, specially if Israel would agree to always inform them in advance of future attacks. being on bad terms with Israel is not a good move for Putin, he's not interested in Palestinians or even the Syrian Israeli war, just doesn't want his people put in danger. on the other hand he might secretly give them a few of these new systems to protect key installations should they be attacked and unable to be protected with older gear. the moment they turn it on the world will know they have it, so who knows what they already have for protecting key locations. but in the end Russia can't supply Syria enough air defenses to stop a full blown nato attack, probably even a solo US full fledged attack, would quickly saturate and deplete the air defenses. all they really do is make it so there is a price to pay in terms of equipment and men.

Actually Russia could hypothetically provide enough air defense systems to completely thwart a US-lead air assault. The S400(even the relatively weak export version) is incredibly powerful. If the entire country was filled with them the USA would have to sacrifice hundreds of jets to break through and we're just not willing to do that as a nation.

Of course this is also why Turkey is looking at buying S400s. Its relationship with NATO is bad right now and if they withdraw they know they'll be ripe for regime change(and that would be terrible, as much as I can't stand Erdogan).

The big issue that makes this situation so dangerous is that Putin has to protect Syria. His presidency and the entire economy of Russia depends on it. They literally cannot back down. Their natural gas market depends on it, and their arms export industry depends on it. Putin stays in power by skill of command, and his many enemies will sweep him right on out of office if he ends with anything short of victory. If the USA pushes this too far, it can and absolutely will lead to WW3. That's why even "Mad Dog" Mattis flatly told the president "no way we're going to do that" when it came to assassination strikes against Assad. If Assad falls, Russia falls. Things are literally that bad. Russia has been doing massive nuclear war preparedness drills involving millions of people. Russia also just upgraded its nuclear arsenal to include hypersonic missiles. Our systems still use floppy disks. It won't end well for anyone, but it will definitely be worse for the people of the USA. Americans really don't understand how near the brink of obliteration we are right now. If shit goes South bad enough, we'll have about 18 minutes before the first missiles hit. After that, sub-based exchange would likely continue for months. Billions would die outright and billions more from starvation as the atmosphere darkens and the globe cools down. Russians are stockpiling food and building bunkers, and Americans are reading celebrity gossip columns and watching American Idol.

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
((((((yes indeed Russian tv is busy telling people what food and supplies it's best to take to the bomb shelter.)))))>>edited to add:>>>this turned out to be out of context check the next page of the thread<<<<

when it comes to air defenses, they rely on missiles, they need to be reloaded. the us can send hundreds and hundreds of tomahawks in a first wave to deplete's the missiles, also some missiles will always get through and destroy stuff. the US planes won't come close till the air defenses have been taken out. Russia doesn't have enough of these modern s400 to put them all over Syria either, they are not cheap after all. so far they have been giving them older systems with software and radar upgrades. but to start deploying hundreds of these s400 systems would leave Russia short in other places. the US was able to launch some 104 tomahawks in about 1 hour, just imagine if that keeps going for a few days, sooner or later the defenses run out of amo and then they will be destroyed as they try to reload them. in the end it's a matter of the will to do it and not worry about expended resources and the potential weakening of other positions and bases all around the world. but if they really want to, they can do it imo.

Last edited:

Klompen

I would not overestimate the US Tomahawk stockpile. There's only a few hundred of them and they are a very old and slow missile. They aren't particularly effective either. Their payload is comically small for their size and in the superficial attack on Syria recently many of them were shot down by Pantsir and even networked S200 systems. In one case in the First Gulf War, Iraqis actually hit one with an AK-47. I remember seeing footage of it on CNN that was smuggled out. I wonder if anyone has that archived somewhere. Reminds me of that time an Afghani Taliban fighter took down an Apache gunship with an AK-47, or that time an insurgent with a SVD took out an Abrams tank by shooting the driver while he was popping his head out the hatch to cross a bridge(the tank went into the water). Sometimes modern equipment really fails to make a difference. Anyway, I doubt that they'd waste the S400 defenses on Tomahawks unless extremely vital assets were sure to be hit.

What's worth noting about the S400 systems in Syria right now is that they are not the export version. They are Russian models in Russian hands, and one of the most incredible features of the S400 is its networking system. It can coordinate S75, S200, S300, Pantsir, and even ZSU systems remotely while not even turning on its own radar.

The Israelis recently took out a Pantsir S1, but they did it by tricking the Syrians into thinking it was an American fighter wing. They flew far out over Jordan and went along a flight path American planes use, and possibly were faking American transponder codes. The Pantsir was manned by inexperienced Syrians and their defense systems were not properly engaged. When the systems are ready for action they're dangerous. The Israelis recently lost both an F-16 and an F-35(they claim a bird took that down but there's a lot of reasons that's just not true) to S200 systems that were probably being coordinated by networked S400 systems(possibly upgraded S300 systems).

Its likely the American command wants to push the attack sooner rather than later because they see that Russia is rapidly making Syria impossible to fly over. They already track US planes on a regular basis but choose not to fire because they know that the US command is waiting for excuses to engage.