What's new

USA strikes Syria again

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
The man has a unique sense of understanding.

hes wealthy enough to spend the time needed researching to get to the truth, or as close as possible. but things are never simple in life. im sure there are white helmets that mean well, or just do it for the triple the jihadi sallery, but there are a core group who seem to be up to no good in Syria. even now spies in Idlib are reporting that a group of white helmets has transported some toxic substances to a certain area near the front lines. other reports indicate the white helmets handed the stuff over to the group known as Ahrar al Sham.at the same time the Russian claim to be sharing their evidence with the US counterparts. lets hope for some kind of diplomatic solution to the stand off in Idlib, that would avoid all the destruction and death as well as the risk of this chemical attack being staged in a plausible fashion.

what is also not being reported in the msm is that there have been civilian corridors opened out of Idlib and quite a few of the civilians are taking the opportunity to get out from under the harsh rule of the various factions. again interviews are seeming to show that the civilians are being used as a human shield and not let go easily.

mean while both sides are sending tons of reinforcements to the respective front lines. the SSA is in position to open 6 or 7 fronts at the same time from various directions, so really even though it will be a hard fight, the Hayat Tahrir al Sham led groups have no chance of winning, their only hope now lies in getting the west to help them out, nothing else will let them remain in power in Idlib. so setting off a chemical false flag is basically their only hope, this is what makes it so dangerous. they will do it even if it lacks all credibility and just rely on the msm giving them a pass and accepting the flawed narrative without question.

thats why i hope the sies can reach a diplomatic solution, although this will be hard as there is no longer anywhere to send the defeated who still won't live with the government. maybe send them all to the safe haven in al Tanf lol.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
ok this is big, Turkey has designated the main group in charge of Idlib called hayat tahrir al sham as a terrorist group, this sounds like a deal was reached between Iran, Russia, Turkey and Syria regarding how to proceed.

with any luck HTS will realize they have no choice but to surrender, either now in an honorable way where they will be given credit for saving Idlib from being flattened including all the civilian death that will inevitably cause. or later when everything is destroyed and many lives have been lost and revenge is hot in SSA soldiers blood.

Turkey designates Syria's Tahrir al-Sham as terrorist group

Reuters•August 31, 2018

https://www.yahoo.com/news/turkey-designates-syrias-tahrir-al-sham-terrorist-group-142904475.html

ISTANBUL (Reuters) - Turkey has designated the insurgent group Tahrir al-Sham as a terrorist organization, according to a presidential decision published on Friday, as Damascus prepares for a military assault in northwest Syria where the group holds sway.

The notice in the Official Gazette matches a decision by the United Nations in June to add Tahrir al-Sham to the list of people and organizations whose assets are to be frozen because of links to militant groups al Qaeda and Islamic State.

It comes before an expected attack by the Syrian army, backed by Russia, on the northwestern Syrian region of Idlib which is home to nearly 3 million people on the border with Turkey.

Tahrir al-Sham, which includes the al Qaeda-linked group formerly known as Nusra Front, is the most powerful jihadist alliance in Idlib, the last major rebel-controlled enclave outside Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's control.

Russia said on Friday the Syrian government had every right to chase terrorists out of Idlib, adding that talks were underway to set up humanitarian corridors there.

Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said last week it would be disastrous to seek a military solution in Idlib, even though there were militants there.

Ankara, which has a small military presence in Idlib, has warned an assault could unleash a fresh wave of refugees.

"It is important for all of us to neutralize these radical groups," he said. "But we have to distinguish the civilians from the terrorist groups."

U.N. Syria envoy Staffan de Mistura said on Thursday there was a high concentration of foreign fighters in Idlib, including an estimated 10,000 who he said belonged to Nusra Front and al Qaeda.

But he said there should be no rush to military action and called for more time for Russia, Turkey and Iran to discuss the situation in Idlib.

The decision to add Tahrir al-Sham to the list of designated groups was taken by President Tayyip Erdogan. Ankara had already listed Nusra Front as a terrorist group.

Erdogan is due to meet Russian President Vladimir Putin and Iranian President Hassan Rouhani at a three-way summit in Iran on Sept. 7.

(Reporting by Dominic Evans; editing by David Stamp)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Bashar al-Jaafari: The Syrian Army will liberate every inch of Syria (Subtitled)

[YOUTUBEIF]fhXirRbI7oc[/YOUTUBEIF]

Syrian ambassador to the UN speaks on recent events and lists his nations grievances with the regime change coalition member states, it's quite enlightening to say the least, specially the translated part...

M

moose eater

I can't play the vids, gaius, but I can read the summaries, and other print media involved.

Thank you for asking pointed questions, for seeking media from various sources, and trying to think through this with pointed logical queries.

You've been persistent in your coverage of this issue.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
shame about the videos, because the msm often lies about what was really said or done. thats why i like to post videos of whats actually said etc.

when it comes to this war, i have been following it closely since it kicked off.

Cannavore

Veteran
Trump gets rid of existing civillian protections in Yemen so the Saudis can continue their US backed genocide and kill unarmed women and children with impunity.

Meanwhile i dont even think the media covered this. Lol.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
did you notice, when there was a motion a while back to limit the presidents power to wage war, all the Trump haters lined up with his supporters to let him keep that power, when someone wanted to stop the US governments financing terrorists, the law didnt pass, when a senator wanted to limit the ability to help Saudi kill woman and kids in Yemen, yes you guessed it, all the trump hating democrats made sure to vote for the industrial military complex profits. thats why i have no respect for any one of them, they are a bunch of bought and paid for warmongers. it's just a game to them, they take turns being in power and being in opposition, but the wars just keep getting started, the bombs keep flying.

troutman

Seed Whore
did you notice, when there was a motion a while back to limit the presidents power to wage war, all the Trump haters lined up with his supporters to let him keep that power, when someone wanted to stop the US governments financing terrorists, the law didnt pass, when a senator wanted to limit the ability to help Saudi kill woman and kids in Yemen, yes you guessed it, all the trump hating democrats made sure to vote for the industrial military complex profits. thats why i have no respect for any one of them, they are a bunch of bought and paid for warmongers. it's just a game to them, they take turns being in power and being in opposition, but the wars just keep getting started, the bombs keep flying.

Question: Whomever brought forward this motion.

Did that person commit suicide with multiple bullets to back of the head or jump from a high building window?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
lol the one about not financing terrorism was a congress woman or a senator, i forget her name. the one about the war powers was co sponsored by Rand Paul as far as i remember. it was only asking that war be declared officially and to stop using the 2003 law about Afghanistan for making war everywhere else. but no, they just got defeated democratically.

finally i found her name, its Tulsi Gabbard

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Restoration of the Church of St George | September 2018 | Maaloula, Syria

the history and cultural heritage that was lost in Maaloula is irreplaceable, same with what they did to Palmyra. its a disgrace...

Maaloula was one of the last Christian villages where they still speak Aramaic like they did in the time that Chist walked those lands.

[YOUTUBEIF]7iZQXZAtnJU[/YOUTUBEIF]

Last edited:

Cannavore

Veteran
5 stunning Trump foreign policy moments from Bob Woodward’s new book
https://www.vox.com/2018/9/4/17819298/woodward-book-fear-trump-north-korea-mattis-syria-assad

1) Trump wanted to assassinate Syrian President Bashar al-Assad

In April 2017, the US launched a cruise missile strike against a Syrian regime airbase — the first intentional US strike on Bashar al-Assad’s forces since the Syrian war began in 2011. The strike was in direct response to a chemical weapon attack on the rebel-held town of Khan Sheikhoun that killed at least 85 civilians.

But Woodward reports that Trump wanted the strikes to be a lot more punitive.

“Let’s fucking kill him! Let’s go in. Let’s kill the fucking lot of them,” Trump told Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis, referring to Assad and his forces. After hanging up with Trump, according to Woodward, the secretary told one of his senior staffers: “We’re not going to do any of that. We’re going to be much more measured.”

Mattis’s more restrained response is what Trump ultimately authorized. But it’s completely possible that without Mattis’s intervention, the US would’ve launched a larger-scale strike to try to kill Assad. That would certainly have angered Assad’s main backer, Russia, and may have led to a broader Washington-Moscow confrontation.

So Trump is apparently fine with assassinating foreign leaders — at least in theory. That’s quite an insight into how Trump wants to use his military.

Perhaps that should be expected: In 2011, Trump said that former President Barack Obama should kill then-Libyan leader Muammar Qaddafi.

“Now we should go in, we should stop this guy, which would be very easy and very quick,” Trump said in a video blog. “We should do on a humanitarian basis, immediately go into Libya, knock this guy out ... and save the lives.”

Trump's such a Putin puppet he wanted to assassinate Putin's 1 of 2 major allies in the region lol lol lol. Can't wait til we move on from McCarthyism 2.0

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing

is he the guy that sponsored the bill about war powers of the president? name sounds familiar...
Robert Reich worked for JFK and was Clinton's Secretary of Labor.

[iframeb]uRk1moc-Dw8[/iframeb]

He has an amazing documentary "Inequality for All" if you can find it.

Latest posts

Latest posts