What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

US DOD plans BlackOut drill during November ANTIFA Protests

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I have had to clean this thread up by taking out a bunch of nasty/violent/threatening posts.

Stay on topic, and keep the BS out of it.......or I will have to get serious and start sanctioning certain members.

If you don't have anything decent to say, then best not say anything at all.

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
I don't think a Anti-fah should be the focus here--rather think how easy it is to disrupt your country's power grid.

How far up in the sky is 300 miles? 1,584,000 feet.

Prop planes are limited to fly below 20,000 feet, airlines fly between 30,000-39,000 feet, some military planes fly at 60,000.

So what orbits Earth at 300 miles? Satellites....and rockets shot from Earth.

OldPhart

Calm down folks, this is just a test of the amateur radio / MARS systems to verify they are able to communicate without the aid of the PSTN/internet. This is important because more and more of the amateur radio operators are becoming dependent on internet communications to supplement their radio setups. Nothing new about this type of drill, this one just stipulates that all communication be un-aided by networks outside of their control. I used to be active in amateur radio back in the 80's and 90's, and have taken part in this type of drill. It is mostly an excuse for the serious geeks to show off what they can do, but also serves as an important proof of concept, and to find areas that have issues or need improvement.

I personally think this is a good drill because I don't think a lot of casual ham operators understand how much the internet is being utilized. It has gotten to the point that a lot of new hams don't even have a radio, just a USB headset plugged into a computer. I suspect pulling the plug on all internet links will reveal some gaps in various radio networks.

DocTim420

The Doctor is OUT and has moved on...
LOL, I have my S&W 500 loaded, shotguns dispersed at every window, bathtub full of "extra water", generator on standby, extra gas cans, and more importantly...bong in every room, lol. I am ready!

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the antifa are not anti fascist or they would be protesting the corporate involvement in gooberment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVZnBLamNMk

[youtubeif]AVZnBLamNMk[/youtubeif]

but i believe the whole antifa crap is a ploy to coerce martial law so they can confiscate firearms.

be safe and be sober...

Ding ding ding ding, give the man a cigar.

Say it with me.

Militant left wing.

Now stop laughing.

Antifa is one of many bogeymen to unite the right.

There was a time people believed the Jews burned the Reichstag.

Say it with me.

The Jews.

Now stop laughing.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
well hitler did burn the Reichstagsbrand and blame the communists to consolidate his power, not a stretch to conflate the two here.

it wasn't the jews till after hitler was made chancellor in 1933 and instituted eugenics and racial purity laws.

sorry to have to point out that little explosive device in that cigar...

if you had awarded a blunt i would be inclined to agree with you.:joint:

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I second the vote for cash, but not too sure about the gold and silver thing.

Since the world's monetary system is based on "faith"...faith that the piece of paper we call "currency" will always be worth greater than the value of the "paper value" it is printed on. Not the old school way--when coins had intrinsic value (usually more than the coin's denomination). Example, the 50 Dollar American Eagle has a weight of 1 ounce (Spot Gold closed Friday at $1,273 USD/per ounce)...hmmm, $20 face value--but melted down it is worth almost $1300....hmmm. I think the penny is the only "non precious metal coin" minted in the US where the value of the metal is worth more than $0.01.

If the shit hits the fan and all monetary systems fail, I doubt silver and gold will be sought after as the currency for exchanging goods and services. Rather the currency of "exchange" probably will be the actual "goods" and "services" that are being bartered...sorta like this: I want some of your pot and you want some of my bottled vodka (which can be used for medical and inebriation purposes)...and neither one of us want gold or silver, what do we do? We agree that this much pot is equal to that much vodka and we exchange your pot for my vodka.

Smart preppers have cases and cases of vodka stored for their "rainy day" scenario...at least majority of the ones I know, very few actually stashed away any significant amounts of gold/silver (lots of food and seeds though). Funny how it is the opposite for the "I don't prep preppers"...they think having a goodly amount of guns, bullets, gold/silver coins, and having sealed airtight bags of $20 bills will suffice (but they have no food, no water or even a "bug out plan"). They assume their "prepper friends" will invite them to join up, when the time coes....lol. That ain't happening...this is not a movie called "Three Musketeers".

And the guy/gal group who have the guns will take the cash and whatever else they want.

Better not come in this door!

Latest posts

Latest posts