What's new

US AG bans asset sizure

justpassnthru

Veteran
"Safeguarding Civil Liberties" the 'excuse' for more rhetoric that nothing has changed. :peacock: And pacifying the 'unrest' in this country today.

Civil Liberties---a word coined for misuse. Now, I'll just sheeple on to grazing grass.:moon::moon:jpt

Jhhnn

Veteran
Civil forfeiture makes me more sick to my stomach then any of the antiquated and foolhardy drug laws we have in the us.
Civil forfeiture is straight armed robbery, it really is fucking crazy that its even a thing.
I'm going to bed. I weep for our children

It has legit uses, but damned few. In the wake of the Ownership Society, mortgage trust servicers simply abandoned houses in poorer neighborhoods, didn't actually foreclose, leaving them to be vandalized & stripped of the copper plumbing, wiring & whatever else scavengers could haul off. The only way that munis have to deal with all the issues created is civil forfeiture usually followed by demolition.

It's the same for cars abandoned at the side of the road. Years ago, a buddy blew the engine in his beater on I-25, collected his shit & hitchhiked home. The state sent him notices to claim it from impound & when he didn't they finally seized & disposed of it under civil forfeiture.

Latest posts

Latest posts