What's new

Uruguay: Cannabis Is Legal !

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
Stop Lying!

Stop Lying!

José “Pepe” Mujica shot back on Friday at the president of the International Narcotics Control Board, a U.N. agency, for saying that his administration refused to meet with the agency’s officials before legalizing marijuana this week.

Mujica batted down the criticism, insisting that his administration is open to discussing the law and accusing the INCB President Raymond Yans of applying a double standard by criticizing Uruguay, even as U.S. states pass laws to legalize recreational marijuana consumption.

“Tell this old guy not to lie,” Mujica told reporters, according to Colombian daily El Espectador. “Any guy in the street can meet with me. Let him come to Uruguay and meet with me whenever he wants… He thinks that because he’s in an international position, he can tell whatever lie he wants.”

More in the full story here: Uruguay's Prez Rips Into U.N. Official Over Marijuana Law: ‘Stop Lying'

B

BrnCow

I think that if there was nationwide legalization of cannabis and hemp, you couldn't find a crack rock nor meth anywhere...so the people financing those hard dopes must be responsible for keeping pot illegal as well as hemp...

OLDproLg

Veteran
FUCK YAH!!!!!!!!

i have NO RESPECT for cartels killing folks,
and makin weed look terrible.....

SO,this will be another model,and hopefully work well.....
THEN the US an other countries will ease up on us all maybe!
Peace,Lg

Preacher

Says something when a small country leads the way - USA - WTF ever happened to 'the pursuit of happiness' ?
Oh it's even worse than that. When the Declaration of Independence was drafted, it was originally going to say Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Property. The founding fathers however felt that their audience wouldn't understand that they derived most of the Declaration from John Locke's treatise of government and were in fact referring to his definition of property, which included intangible properties such as happiness. Also a bit of a tangent but the reason the Federalists opposed the Bill of Rights is because they sincerely believed the powers enumerated to Congress would be sufficient for passing laws to protect all those civil liberties.

Basically, our laws are massively fucked-up even by 18th-century unrepresented greedy white slave-owning bastard standards.
Necroedit: Including the pursuit of Property in the state Constitution is one of the few things the Texas legal system ever got right.

Last edited: