What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

##$$Urkels SuperThread 2010$$##

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Strawberry D Coffin Cut's 67 days of flowering

Strawberry D Coffin Cut's 67 days of flowering

Ok so I got a new camera and now I can take some pics I'm happy to post lol.. All I have going still is the Strawberry D's cuz I wanted them to fill out more and I see more resin production each day which is good cuz I wasn't happy at 9 weeks. But honestly I think it's from the ph swings I had and high ppm issues so they didn't get to the full potential? Anyway on with the pics!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2010 Grow 2 454.jpg
    2010 Grow 2 454.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 2010 Grow 2 455.jpg
    2010 Grow 2 455.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 2010 Grow 2 457.jpg
    2010 Grow 2 457.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 2010 Grow 2 460.jpg
    2010 Grow 2 460.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 17

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Here's some of my Sugar Cane Kush dried and cured(well still curing)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Sugar Cane Kush 003.jpg
    Sugar Cane Kush 003.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Sugar Cane Kush 002.jpg
    Sugar Cane Kush 002.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Sugar Cane Kush 004.jpg
    Sugar Cane Kush 004.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 17

reservationlabs

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dude it's cheating to roll your nugs in sugar before you take pics...

I didn't name the strain Sugar Cane Kush for nothing, lol. Can you believe I have a strain that produces even more crystals then Sugar Cane Kush?

:ying:

Great job on your grows Thundurkel, really Great job. Keep it up.

I LOVE Ready Gro Moisture it's really nice quality coco and has just the right amount of perlite IMO..

So I took some canopy shots just now when my lights went out so you guys can see what's up. I've got problems with my Magic Merlins and Gorilla Grape and either they are burnt or hungry I'm not sure which I'll post pics of em tomorrow and see if somebody can help.. Until then enjoy!! Sugar Cane Kush in the front then Strawberry D's in the middle with the Magic Merlin's and Gorilla Grape in the back row..

attachment.php

attachment.php

these shots are the end of day 32 of flower
not bad huh? the SCK B plant is really looking like a 7 week purple strain! The resin on that bitch keeps packing on...

when i saw theese plants i said to myself outoud ''jesus fuckballs''

looking good-

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yea I had ph problems like crazy that run and the drop test kit wasn't making matters any better for me lol... My new setup is gonna do really good cuz I've started fresh from new clones fed the SAME nutes the WHOLE time cuz that was also what fucked me up too. I will also be flushing for a day before each nutrient change out in my res plus I can already see the new growth looking happy!

djslife

Hey Thunder,

I've been following your grows for awhile now and now that I've seen what you can do with coco I've got some questions that I hope you can answer.

1. What have you liked more for nutrients GH (6/9) or H&G?

2. I have never grown in coco before, just wondering if running the GH (6/9) formula in RO water with calmag added in would give me plants like yours if I kept levels in check? If not what would you suggest I add?

3. I'm planning on running four plants in seperate 2'x2' screens, in coco how long would that usually take plants to fill the screens to flip?

4. I've seen so many posts about peoples favorite coco, are you still liking the botanicare and do you pre-treat it before using?

Sorry for all the questions, everything I've learned up to this point has been in soil so I feel like I'm about to go from driving a mini-van to a street bike and don't know how to guage anything i've used thus far. I also ask so many questions because I know you've experimented with a bunch of the different nutes and mediums and I'd like to at some point reach your, dr. greenbud, and heads level of quality.

Thanks man :thank you:,

-djslife

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
Even if u switch to aqua flakes u will still need cal mag supplement of some sort with water that clean. I have been using af for a few runs and works same as coco but I think the N is a lil higher. From looking at ur plants
Maybe Epsom salts mixed with plain water hand fed every two weeks would cure that. It's not bad from the pics but I know u don't like to see it.
But I literally just recovered from mag def from not using calmag for 3 weeks or so with my ro. I only use cal mag 1/2 strength if using every day but if I rotate it in and out I feed the full 5 ml per gal every app

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Thanks bro, my water is 70-120ppm and I use Gold Label Coco that's pre treated and buffered to stop calmag problems so hopefully I'll be safe. From what I've read on other forums cats that used straight RO with AF had calmag problems. Then they started mixing 50/50 with tap water and no more calmag issues so I think I should be ok? Thanks for the warning though I'll be on my toes about it...

clongo

Hey great plants!

Hey great plants!

I like your setup bro its something I aspire to myself actually.

I have a pc case veg box and speaker case flower box, hopefully in a few months that will be upgraded to an NGB style stealthcab/bud dryer.

I combined your use of airpots with Dr. Bud style SOG by flowering in 1 Liter Airpots, so I am keeping the internodes short and hoping for some dense colas.

I havent had a harvest yet but I have three happy seedlings (red dragon, some diesel, and a hindu kush ryder) under cfl's and I was wondering how tall you think my plants are going to get in a 1 Liter airpot, my cab is only about 3 feet tall and the cfls are hanging from a power strip and y splitters.

any advice on switching that 6 cfl rig to a low watt hps like a 100 watt or 150 watt with an aircooled hood in the flower box with a 15 watt bloom boss spot LED light and a 27 watt 6500 K for supplementing the hps spectrum. maybe even some UV b lighting when I have the chance to find out how.

Also, you should look at adding a Ceramic metal halide to your tent bc its got uv light, lotsa lumens, and very low heat compared to hps of the same wattage, just food for thought.

also, you should look at blue mountain organics line of fertilizers, they have some interesting stuff in it and its really cheap compared to the advanced nutes and shit like that and it works just as well if not better, or so ive been told.

peace and :smoke:

longo

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Thanks but I've done my homework and I'm sticking with House and Garden, As for the 150 HPS I'd go with CFLs over that cuz that isn't going to penitrate any better than the CFLs in that small of a space. But with the LED and UVB added with the HPS you should be fine...

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Patio Growing!

Patio Growing!

Ok so I've had a lil outdoor grow going on in my patio area cuz I just couldn't kill my moms lol....

So up first is my 1977 California Orange that has been outside since July 1st
attachment.php

Here's my Reservation Labs gear, Arizona Iced Tea which also went outside July 1st
attachment.php

attachment.php

Then I have my Oregon Grapes A and B which I think I'm gonna have to reveg B cuz it smells awesome and is frosty from the first flowers it starts to throw out! But I'll take pics of those later so until then here is a Chem91bx1 which was first outcrossed to White Russian then a 91dom male was used to hit the original 91 cut and that's the beans I have which I popped 3 a found 2 females and a male but the male was WR dom so I tossed it but the girls look and smell very much like Chem91 so I'm excited about this bitch.. Just got put outside like 3-4 days ago but I had vegged it out to a good 12" and took 3 cuts incase she's a keeper:tiphat: stinky lil bitch too.

Oh yea all these plants are being grown organically by the way...
attachment.php

Attachments

• Patio Plants 2010 075.jpg
    Patio Plants 2010 075.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Patio Plants 2010 077.jpg
    Patio Plants 2010 077.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Patio Plants 2010 080.jpg
    Patio Plants 2010 080.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Patio Plants 2010 086.jpg
    Patio Plants 2010 086.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 14

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Azatrol and going out there as little as possible lol hoping for the best, staying on top of my girls checking leaves daily ect... Thanks for caring

Humboldtkush

The last indoor was look pretty amazing. Anything new coming up in the tent? So I saw you switched from roots organic by aurora to the ready gro mix right? Which do you prefer and why? Im always tuned in, this a really good thread.
HK