What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ur Favorite Beer?

M

Mountain

I've usually been somewhat disappointed with the lack of contrast with some of their beer onsite. A few times getting their sampler it seemed not much difference between a lot of them. Seems they got a few things going now to check out but would probably choose a place like Moylans in Novato over the Sierra tap room just about any day if I had to. The smaller brew houses seem to 'experiment' more.

Stone is actually one of my favorites...they make some BIG and very intense ales...usually never a dull moment with their stuff especially their seasonals...which I can't get where I live now.

IC BUDZ

I like a nice Ice cold bud light not to rough a little less bitter then a regular bud and most regular non light beers. I dont understand why anyone would choose a nattty ice over this after the beer i take a shot of tiquilla with a piece of lime or a jager and redbull

TommytheCat

Guys n' Gals,

I'm telling you.. try a Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout. It's VERY dark, and delicious. It's a bit strong at 10% ABV, and very dark with a nice taste of cocoa, and a hint of coffee. Just a heads up though, this beer is a little bit bitter due to the 10% abv. This beer is definitely in my top 10 though.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/45/680

Gastro

Try and grab some beers from Brewery De Molen, from the Netherlands. Their unfiltered pilsner "Thunder & Lightning" is amazing, and their stouts are award winners!

chappie

Veteran

Japanese beers are better than the american/german crap lagers of the same ilk.

I used to really like Yebisu, Sapporos "premium label" but they stopped importing it for some reason or another.

Sadly for this thread, I've almost entirely cut beer out of my life - shit sneaks up on you and becomes a bad habit easily. I justified it for years since I would only drink micros and then later only my own homebrew, but alcohol is alcohol and I much prefer herb.

Pyramid Hefeweizen for a light beer, a small regional Cold Smoke Scotch Ale Kettlehouse brewery, winner of lots of medals. They also make the (in) famous Bong Water Pale Ale.:friends:

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
Tundraberry is a good fruity beer.
A good Budvar in Prague is nice.
Or Paulaner Hefe in Munich.
Did have to give thumbs up to Schultheiss Hefe.
http://www.schultheiss.de/

And my old standby,
Sunshine Wheat, New Belgium...
They make a good sour brown ale also.

GrinStick

lost coast brewery, stone brewery, deschutes brewery, pyramid brewery; all make great beers.
lost coast...Indica (that is the name)
stone.........Arrogant Bastards Ale
deschutes...Mirror Pond Pale Ale
pyramid......any, especially their seasonals

nothing better than sipping a brew with your bud!!!

R

Rysam

If you can find it, Kokanee is a FANTASTIC brew. Its a somewhat light pils, slightly sweet and damn good on a hot day. I think its only avail in the PNW, We rarely get some down in the 530/ upper 916. I have my buddy from the panhandle of Idaho send me a case a couple times a year, or BevMo in Folsom has it once in a very great while when I go there. That beverage makes running the Rubicon mucho nicer, bottles and rocks dont mix, cans and rocks do..

2cents

Don't drink that much, but Carlsberg is hard to beat

yeah carlsberg is great.. a bit expensive round these parts tho

sipping on a budweiser right now.. rice syrup + beachwood aging = yummy

on a side note

For purposes of consistency, calories and carbs are based on 12-ounce servings. Alcohol content is listed by volume (a beer that is 4.0% by volume is about 3.2% by weight).

Budweiser (U.S) Budweiser is 5.0% alcohol 143calories 10.6 grams of carbs per can
while
Guinness Guinness Draught is 4.0 alcohol 125 calories and 10 grams of carbs

kinda interesting lol

2cents

If you can find it, Kokanee is a FANTASTIC brew. Its a somewhat light pils, slightly sweet and damn good on a hot day. I think its only avail in the PNW, We rarely get some down in the 530/ upper 916. I have my buddy from the panhandle of Idaho send me a case a couple times a year, or BevMo in Folsom has it once in a very great while when I go there. That beverage makes running the Rubicon mucho nicer, bottles and rocks dont mix, cans and rocks do..

yeah like Kokanee as well as most other canadian beers

I find Colorado brewers to be hugely disappointing almost across-the-board. The only exception for my tastes is the Espresso Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout by Great Divide. If you are a fan of espresso-dominant stouts- and I'm a fanatic- it's hard to beat this one.

To be honest, it's the best beer I've ever had for my tastes. Get it warm as hell and you're getting absolutely perfect layers of dark yet creamy espresso. It's unreal. I prefer it to *gasp* KBS.

Overall though, the weaker breweries in Michigan are better than the best breweries in Colorado, IMHO.

B

BOSCO

Trying a new one tonight from a Scottish brewery, Innes & Gunn.

Here's what they say about it:
Using oak to age beer is unheard of. But, the flavours imparted by the oak barrels (previously used to mature bourbon) lend an incredible depth of
taste. Think vanilla, toffee and orange aromas, with a malty,
lightly oaked palate; soothing and warm in the finish.

The stuff is delicious, full of flavors and it has body without being heavy and a great after taste
Some might say it's pricey but @ e4.89 for a 750ml bottle of really nice beer it seemed worth trying, I'm glad I did :)