What's new

Upside down Cannabis plant

G

Germinated one NL seed just for the idea of growing up-side-down. I'm gonna call it SOG - Sky Of Green ;)

THe Herbal Cure

Sky Of Green

Sky Of Green

omo said:
Germinated one NL seed just for the idea of growing up-side-down. I'm gonna call it SOG - Sky Of Green ;)

Greetings,

Sky Of Green I love it... that is the perfect name for this kind of grow. Please keep in contact to let me know how your project turns out... I think I could have started a new cannabis grow method, and you have coined the perfect name (Sky Of Green), :smoweed:

THC

ogrefugee

Official Tree Taster
Veteran
quiet possible.. imagine a Skrog! if it grows so fast...... sounds like super easy and effecient training

would gravity also help the stretch of the plant. i know some growers try to keep plants from stretching but if you were growing a tall sativa would it be taller than normal? just a thought...

G

Thats cool man! I was thumbing through a garden supply catalog and saw this same tomato planter and of course the first thing that popped into my head was some hanging nugs! Ive got a question though, would your buds point straight down towards a light below, or would they still want to grow up?

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
duder right on man
dimebag.gif
pls do give more details on your setup wonder if this way would allow for the sugars to be transfered through the plant easier. instead of moven up during lights out they move down hummm

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The auxins are produced in each growing tip or meristem. When the plant is turned upside down, auxin flow from the meristem is disrupted, and this causes the lateral buds at each node to begin to grow, less inhibited by auxin because of the decrease in concentration.

Because the light will shine on the top part of the stem and also in response to gravity, auxin is unequally distributed from the meristem to the lower side, and induces cell wall expansion, and elongation, curving the stem toward light and away from gravity.

In the root auxin is distributed to the lower side of the root by the root meristem, in response to gravity. For root cells Auxin inhibits expansion of cell walls and elongation, so the upper side, away from gravity, gets less auxin distributed to it, causing a lower auxin concentration, and promoting cell wall loosening and elongation, curving the roots toward gravity.

Last edited:
G

i understand how it works in LST, ive done LRT and i works great, got one whole side of my plant to be like a miain growth tip, but with the plant being upside down wouldnt it mess everything up??

Diego

THe Herbal Cure, you happen to know a lady nicknamed chickenfarmer. I have only seen one person do that and she was a kooky cool wierdo lady full of ideas. Cool grow,

This will help bigtime!

This will help bigtime!

The Herbal Cure, that may be just the thing I've been looking for, to cut my vege times down. I have @ 60 SQ FT of vertical screens to fill in my C24, and have been brainstorming how best to get a plant growing from the top of the tubes down...am considering framing the insides for stability and adding a small bucket shelf way up top as well, but maybe next run will be a joint hydro-soil venture!

THC, I know you've been taking a little shit from people over this post, but something like this could easily take 2 weeks minimum off of my 6-8 week vege times (needed to fill out the 60 sq ft). Thanks a lot! Also, any more links/info on these things, like available sizes, etc.? Depending on their size, I could have one each down the center of the two tubes, and they wouldn't even use up much appreciable grow space, as the top and bottom sides (of chickenwire tubes) don't get direct lumens from vertically-hung bulbs anyway.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Delta9-THC

from the mists and the shadows .... there you wil
Veteran
more info herbal cure....

how do the roots grow... do you have to be careful when watering ... not to overwater or for run-off,,,,?

do they grow at the same rates as normal way up plants?

did you start a seedling the right way up then hang in eventually?

what medium is in those pots??

Peace

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
In order to get the roots growing up rather than down, is it necessary to let them get rootbound first?