What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Unusual legal defense

Three Berries

And successful. UK man was ruled under the psychotic influence of a loaded brownies and did not have control of his faculties.

Boyfriend Stabs Girlfriend Before Running Her Over; Cleared of Murder After Court Hears What They Ate Earlier

https://www.westernjournal.com/boyf...nning-cleared-murder-court-hears-ate-earlier/

A 28-year-old British man has dodged a murder charge because he was out of his mind on drugs and did not know what he was doing.

However, Jake Notman, 28, who stabbed his girlfriend more than 30 times and then ran her over with his car, admitted to manslaughter in the death of Lauren Bloomer, 25, according to Birmingham Live.

The court accepted the argument from Notman’s defense team that after eating a cannabis brownie, Notman was having a “psychotic episode” in which he did not know “what was real and what was not” and had “totally lost touch with reality.”

Gry

Can not imagine a jury which was familiar with the effects of edibles returning such a decision.
Would maintain this is a device with which they have effectively negated any opportunity for medical usage, which has been the traditional path to legalisation.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cos we all love an edible ,,
then go out and run over the missus or husband then stab them untold times,,,,
defence played an uneducated jury and got this animal a cushty psych ward,,,
home in a few years once deemed no longer a threat,,
Yet the family of the young girl get proper life sentences of pain and hurt,,,
I hope karma comes quickly and brutally for this prick,,,

Last edited:

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Max penalty for manslaughter is life in prison according to UK law.
Just because they got him off a murder charge doesn´t mean guy won´t do time.
They might slap him like 60 years, then knock 20 years off the sentence because he plead guilty to manslaughter when the case went to court. Which is known to happen.
Dude will still do 40 years. And if he is using temporary insanity as a defence, he won´t go to any psych ward or mental hospital most likely, he will do regular prison time.

So yea, I´d wait for the sentencing before saying this was a successful defence or the guy is getting off too easy.
Unless I was his lawyer, then I´d be like damn I´m good. Got this fucking guy offa murder charge with some BS story about weed cookies, damn I´m good.
Not good-good, because I´m kinda evil, but good at that. Innit?

Latest posts

Latest posts