What's new

Unplugged from the Matrix

tjf8070

Guess you have your answer, then! :)

Oh yes, there are definitely too many stoner over-simplifications.

First off, "indica" and "sativa" are generalisations, and not in any sense scientific definitions. They work as general signposts, but only to a point...

Awsome.

thx gert.

Xtensity

This is kind of relating to the topic, about the depressing aspect of it...

Someone once said that Cannabis is the door to Enlightenment. Enlightenment, does NOT equal happiness. 'Light' being symbolic of truth, knowledge, and understanding; being enlightened means to see the truth, to understand etc. The term DELIGHT is often used in a sense of meaning happiness, though the true meaning of the word originated from a certain story. The story went a long with, a man was "Enlightened" by requesting of the 'Gods' and given all knowledge, power, and understanding. He did not enjoy this after so long as it led to a depressing life and nothing to look for. The story goes on someway saying that he asked the gods he got this Enlightenment from to undo it. So they delighted him, they made him ignorant again so he could live happily away from the harsh truth.

It's depressing to you because in your mind, having no apparent meaning is depressing. What I find with anything, people are too often looking for values/morales, looking for meaning, instead of creating their own. People look towards religions for their morales, meaning of life, purpose, etc.... When they go looking for a meaning of life and don't find one, they realize there is none and get depressed. These people are the people who don't create their own meaning. In my eyes this is one of the hugest faults of religion, it leads people on a search for something which may or may not be there, it makes them dependent on things other than themselves. I am by no means saying trash your religion, religion can be very uplifting, though you can still be religious and find your own meaning in life.

To get joy out of a seemingly meaningless life, you must give life its own meaning, make your own judgements, and take advantage of what you have while you're alive; understanding the functions of the mind is one of the first step to setting your own path to enlightenment.

Emotions are simply chemical reactions in the mind. We have potential to FULLY control how we perceive reality and what we make of it. Though I find this can truly only be done through meditation, which doesn't take much time per day; you get out of it what you put in.

I meditate daily because of the bliss it brings and more so the overall control of my mind and emotions I feel it gives me. The reality of life you notice. It helps you overcome all fears, overcome the fear of death, think more rationally, logically, open-minded, etc...

In short, you get out of life what you make of it.

trshunt

BTW, try some Kali Mist, it might give that "nice" compromise you are looking for!

Now THIS was the tip I was looking for. This strain sounds fantastic and it's exactly what I had in mind. Seeds will be ordered very soon!

Thank you for all of your thoughtful input. It's much appreciated.

xoxo
-The Delusional Happy Girl

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
if it sort of reminded you of Salvia... you need to get better Salvia lol

But Sativas can be trippy for sure.. but i have never lost self awareness "ego death" with marijuana... Maybe i'm the one that needs better weed...

:joint:

whodair

Veteran
And let me tell you, I thought long and hard before dumping the dude. In the end, though, the weed couldn't make up for other "deficiencies." :)

ummm, how deficient was he exactly ?? you have me feeling a little insecure now...

yes, Kali mist is incredible smoke you'll love it. it was a difficult sativa grow for me, she didnt like much of anything...i made seeds off kali w g13xhaze daddy, still need to pop some...

picture.php

trshunt

i made seeds off kali w g13xhaze daddy, still need to pop some...

Ooh! If you're looking for another test lab, I volunteer!!! I'm only on my second grow (Arjan Haze #1), but everything is looking just as healthy and happy as the first (trainwreck x) so I like to think my thumb is relatively green. I'd take excellent care of your seeds :D

Latest posts

Latest posts