What's new

Unofficial Coco Coir Growers Thread

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
keeping mums healthy requires that they get trimmed regardless if you need the clones or not. a good sized pot is a help too, but every 5 months or so you will need to take the root ball out and cut off the bottom few inches as well as a bit of the sides. you then replace the space with new coco, this gives your plant new vigor for the next 5 to 6 months. then there is the replacement system, as soon as the mothers get out of hand, or become too old and woody, you replace them with new ones from the same plant. a good mother needs to be pruned and trained. you don't want to have a bunch of tinny messy twigs, so you will need to decide which branches to leave on and which will only be wasting energy. in fact maintaining mother plants without using them for clones regularly, is a lot of work, lol. but then again it's well worth it to know your genetics are all safe and sound. but specially trying to keep dwarf mums can be a pain, forget to trim them once and it's too late, lol.

Last edited:

Kenny Lingus

gaiusmarius said:
keeping mums healthy requires that they get trimmed regardless if you need the clones or not. a good sized pot is a help too, but every 5 months or so you will need to take the root ball out and cut off the bottom few inches as well as a bit of the sides. you then replace the space with new coco, this gives your plant new vigor for the next 5 to 6 months. then there is the replacement system, as soon as the mothers get out of hand, or become too old and woody, you replace them with new ones from the same plant. a good mother needs to be pruned and trained. you don't want to have a bunch of tinny messy twigs, so you will need to decide which branches to leave on and which will only be wasting energy. in fact maintaining mother plants without using them for clones regularly, is a lot of work, lol. but then again it's well worth it to know your genetics are all safe and sound. but specially trying to keep dwarf mums can be a pain, forget to trim them once and it's too late, lol.

Cool! I really thought that coir would be better for mini moms than regular soil(less) mediums. (I have had some moms in 3-5inch squared pots for up to a year, but of course the root pruning is a must to keep them healthy...
So Canna Coco nutes should be fine for keeping moms then? (Or should I go with a specific growth fertilizer, like AN Monkey Juice or just GHE 3-parts?)

I'm actually running my slabs with ammendments from Advanced nutrients now, and it seems to be working very well. (Just bacteria, fungi, enzymes and the Mother Earth Super Bloom Tea (it has by others; alfalfa extract, fish, guanos, kelps, ewc's, humic/fulvic acid, carbs and chitin from crustational deposits and shrimp industry.) I'm eager to see if the taste gets more complex this way or if I can just stick to the canna base-line (Pun unintended)

Kenny Lingus (Cannalingus Biopharma)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
for mothers i tend to use A+B too, sometimes i use the left over tank nutrient solution for the mothers. some times i even use the run off for the mother plants when i do a flush of the flowering table. coco a+b work good, but if you have a cheaper solution, then go for it. it's only vegging after all which is pretty easy to get right with most nutes. when i want a batch of clones i fert them up with the good stuff switch from 400 to 600 watts and a week later i can cut a bunch of clones.

stevr59

Hey guys got a qustion for you. i got a nex bag seeds growing in a 1/2 gallon coffeen can it just hit 68" tall today and still growing i am using floranova nute with tap water at 1000ppm 5.8 ph flooded twice a day what i am wounding is should i transplant to a biger pot hell its still growing good my old soil days tell i should have done so a long time ago but i don't are if it lives or dies really its just a test run for grins i am not use to coco so what should i be looking for that it need to go to a bigger pot. or as long as its doing well can i just leave it in the small pot and if i did would this affect th buds at flowing time. what ya guys think?

her a crapy pic of it the other day sorry guy best i can do with my cam but its was in its 8 weeks of veg

stevr59

YEAH I THINK UR RIGHT NOW I AM STARTING TO HAVE PROBLEM ONE OF WHICH ITS GETTING TOP HEAVY I WENT TO WATER IT YESTERDAY AND IT FELL OVER.. 2 THE COCO IS GETTING TOO DRY NOW SO I HAVE TO FLOOD IT MORE THAN TWICE A DAY NOW AND THATS JUST TO MUCH FOR AN OUT DOOR GROW... AND I NOTICE THE GOWTH HAS SLOWED DOWN TO A 1/4 A DAY INSTEAD OF THE 2 TO 4 INCHES A DAY IT WAS DOING.
SO SOON AS I GET SOME FUNDS I WILL GO GET MORE COCO AND REPOT THE THING MAY BE A 3 GALLON OR 5 GALLON what do you guy think

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
mmmmmhhhh
i don't even like coconuts but i could go for a cocoloco right now!
stab open a young green coconut that's full of cocowater and add rum and a straw....
now sit back and relaaax

G

nvm.. could someone post the percentages as listed on the guaranteed analysis of the canna a+b labels?

Last edited:
From Canna's UK site http://www.canna-uk.com/products_coco/a_and_b_usage.html

CANNA A+B

From the individual labels on my 1 liter bottles: percentage guaranteed analysis

CANNA A

N - 4
P - 0
K - 1
Mg - 0
S - 0
Ca - 5

CANNA B

N - 1
P - 4
K - 2
Mg - 1
S - 0.7
Ca - 0

I think they have changed their formula since the Lucas thread: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=21119

Canna's current recommended "light" feeding ratio of 9.5ml A+B per gal works out to be heavier in the N and CA than I thought.

Canna's "light" schedule
9.5 ml/gal A + 9.5 ml/gal B

N - 125
P - 44
K - 62
Mg - 50
S - 18
Ca - 125

Canna's "normal" schedule

11.4 ml/gal A+B

N - 151
P - 53
K - 75
Mg - 60
S - 21
Ca - 151

Canna's "heavy" mix

13.2 ml/gal A+B

N - 174
P - 61
K - 87
Mg - 70
S - 24
Ca - 174

Cheers

stevr59

hey guys after a great run using GH floranova nutes i now want to try canna nutes on the next run i start a new job Monday and will be fixing to ording some new nutes what i want to know what all do i need to get i know i need canna a&b but what else do i need and where the best pace to buy iy from i normly order from wormsway but they don't have canna nutes

spacecadet

hey got anouter qustion i got a clone from my chem c-99 `growing in coco and feeding it with 1000ppm floraova boom and its been budding for a wile now but its looking weird not sure if its my nutes or the lighting out doors or what or may be its trying to reveg it self may you guy and look at it and let me know what you think is wrong i know the buds are not tight at all

NPK

Yeah, if you're trying to flower the plant this time of year, chances are it's revegging. Maybe you could get it back on track if you have a shed or some other lightproof structure? You could pop it in there when you get home from work and pull it back out before leaving in the morning.

I agree about the need for a larger container, too. That would also provide more stability.

G

Chronic in coco, was so heavy that she cracked under her own weight few days too early.

Kyhyllä passaa!

Latest posts

Latest posts