What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

University of Guelph paper- Flushing is a myth!

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
the "cutest" part of this discussion is there is no position being taken in as far as "best practices"

rather it is a simply discourse on various conditions that have a cause and effect in expression of the plant

imagine getting uptight about that one

120Octane

if it took you 35 years to learn simple soil mechanics and thinking it means something in this conversation you might want to call cornell agricultural cooperative and ask a plant scientist about optimal nutrient profile and the effect of chemovar expression.

There is a reason the same cultivar expresses variable accordind to environmental cues.

https://www.intechopen.com/books/herbivores/chemical-plant-defense-against-herbivores

Chemical Plant Defense Against Herbivores

tip of the iceberg but guess what.

Plants don't express all chemovar constituents in direct relationship to nutrient availability. It is far more complex and nuanced. Science is just starting to understand the variability of these expressions within the plant kingdom let alone cannabis.

Hey twat waffles I got news for you....there are many instancys where a person in florida grows a cut, gives a cut to a personin canada and both show differances in all instances of looks smells and how it stones....There are many instances of clone only's being renamed and its the same cut grown in differant climate conditions and that changes its expresion...numbnuts

See your trying to use wording that most will not try to bring themselves up to understanding...I can give you credit for aquiring a college dictionary...Is that the best book you found in your mothers basement?

Dude I know exactly who you are by the "call cornell university" line...

Have you noticed with all your crying, misinfactual claims, and lack of actually being a long term grower of weed your last and only outlet you have is come to a online forum and spout your proven inaffective idealsand practices that has garnerd you no respect in the science commmunity, no federal funding for non pot projects and not 1 commercial pot grower will let you be the " master" agranominist....

Yeah take that crass ass shit bag called yourself and be gone...Your methology is and has been proven to be a hack....

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Hey twat waffles I got news for you....there are many instancys where a person in florida grows a cut, gives a cut to a personin canada and both show differances in all instances of looks smells and how it stones....There are many instances of clone only's being renamed and its the same cut grown in differant climate conditions and that changes its expresion...numbnuts

See your trying to use wording that most will not try to bring themselves up to understanding...I can give you credit for aquiring a college dictionary...Is that the best book you found in your mothers basement?

Dude I know exactly who you are by the "call cornell university" line...

Have you noticed with all your crying, misinfactual claims, and lack of actually being a long term grower of weed your last and only outlet you have is come to a online forum and spout your proven inaffective idealsand practices that has garnerd you no respect in the science commmunity, no federal funding for non pot projects and not 1 commercial pot grower will let you be the " master" agranominist....

Yeah take that crass ass shit bag called yourself and be gone...Your methology is and has been proven to be a hack....

I have been growing for close to 30 years

You don't know my methodology because you don't have a clue who I am this is the only pot forum I ever participated on but I was growing well before the internet.

You communication skills reflect the knee jerk reaction of your mind which is a reflection of what you grow.

If your own medicines work like this who can trust your judgement to even read without getting emotionally hung up like a punk ass kid.

I have been around long enough to know a bunch of cats who put their lives on the lines for a plant but never learned much past that act like fucking bitches because they never learned to tame their own minds. Weak as fuck.

If your weeds can't sharpen your mind maybe you should flush before you harvest. Sounds like they are taking in too much heavy metals.

thedudefresco

Has anyone experimented with feeding water soluble AFTER a flush for the last few days before chop?

I am curious about the effects of some "fast food" given to a hungry plant.

BongFu

Has anyone experimented with feeding water soluble AFTER a flush for the last few days before chop?

I am curious about the effects of some "fast food" given to a hungry plant.

Fertilizers are not plant "food". They are no more food for plants than iron, calcium or zinc supplements are food for people. Plants produce their own food from water, carbon dioxide, and light energy through photosynthesis. This food (sugars and carbohydrates) is combined with plant nutrients to produce proteins, enzymes, vitamins, and other elements essential to growth. Be gone you people of promulgating old world myths.

Oh and BTW yawn. The plant has about zero rate of photosynthesis occurring in the last couple of weeks of flower preharvest so it doesn't require nutrients when photosynthesis isn't occurring. Plant science 101.

Mr. J

I have been growing for close to 30 years

You don't know my methodology because you don't have a clue who I am this is the only pot forum I ever participated on but I was growing well before the internet.

You communication skills reflect the knee jerk reaction of your mind which is a reflection of what you grow.

If your own medicines work like this who can trust your judgement to even read without getting emotionally hung up like a punk ass kid.

I have been around long enough to know a bunch of cats who put their lives on the lines for a plant but never learned much past that act like fucking bitches because they never learned to tame their own minds. Weak as fuck.

If your weeds can't sharpen your mind maybe you should flush before you harvest. Sounds like they are taking in too much heavy metals.
I bet you love to smell your own farts.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
You either failed to understand that paper or are attempting to misrepresent the data. I suspect the former given your absolute lack of knowledge about plant science.

you passed from commenting on this

the problem only becomes more complex when terpene expression is added to the gambit.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6117354/

Chemometric Analysis of Cannabinoids: Chemotaxonomy and Domestication Syndrome

Comparisons of cannabinoid contents of these classifications have shown that the THC content can be identical between these two classification groups3,26. Many questions remain: What is a “strain”? Does a “strain” represent a phytochemically unique variety? Are “strains” from different growers actually different? Is there a more appropriate way to classify “strains”? Are these cultivars, varietals, landraces or even species? What is the impact of domestication on the ecological fitness of the species?
Breeding closely related plants potentially leads to loss of genetic diversity within the genome27. Traits signifying domestication syndrome include phenotypic changes such as increase seed size, loss of shattering, changes in reproduction, changes in secondary metabolites and loss of pest resistance compared with wild ancestors27,28. Reviews of cannabis breeding have summarized domestication in terms of morphology, while focus on secondary metabolism has focused primarily on THC content1,4. Recent forensic evaluations of confiscated sensimilla cannabis in the US has shown dramatic increases in total THC content over the last 30 years, from 6.3% to 11.5%29,30 but strains with greater than 20% total THC are available in the marketplace. This artificial increase in THCA production has resulted in the loss of CBDA synthase activity in THC dominant strains. Although crossbreeding will result in THC:CBD hybrid offspring, the loss of other biosynthetic pathways is unknown due to the non-rigorous breeding programs focusing primarily on the production of a single metabolite. Our data indicate that these breeding programs have also impacted unknown related metabolites with undetermined function.
Metabolomics analysis can generate chemotaxonomic classifications of plants in addition to hypothesis generating insight of data correlations, metabolite identification and relationships that would not be possible through single metabolite evaluation15,31. Using the correlation data and PCA loadings plots, we can hypothesize the putative identity of some of these unknown cannabinoids. For example, CMPD6 had a Pearson correlation coefficient of 0.89 with CBDA and occupies the same space within the PCA loadings plot. The UV spectra with a maximum of 224?nm identifies this compound as an acidic cannabinoid which was only detected in the presence of CBDA. Further evaluation showed that it eluted between CBDVA and CBDA, therefore is hypothesized to be CBDA-C4 with a butyl side chain on the polyketide (Table 2)32. Likewise, we putatively identified CBDA-C1, CBDM, and CBDMA among the unknowns separated by our chromatography protocol (Table 2). Due to the presence of THCA synthase in all strains, the correlation cannabinoids produced with this enzyme is less obvious. It was previously reported that low abundance cannabinoids may be regulated by upstream biosynthesis of precursor polyketides14. We found fewer unknown cannabinoids in the strains selected for higher THC content. With such strong emphasis on the synthesis of a single metabolite there is a strong possibility that other biosynthetic pathways have been lost in the process27,28.
Several classification systems have been proposed for cannabis based on a limited number of phenotypic attributes1,4,33. The concept of a “strain” does not reflect the crop domestication, breeding programs or plant chemistry. The strains available in the Canadian marketplace are closely related, and evaluating single metabolite classes does not provide sufficient information to understand the phytochemical diversity available. The abundance of secondary metabolites within plants does not necessarily correlate with pharmacological significance and with cannabis there is the postulated “entourage effect” describing the synergistic effects of many metabolites for anecdotal medical efficacy7. Domestication of the crop has limited the genetic variability in the crop and the impact on crop diversity, physiology and metabolism is not fully understood. Further research is needed to evaluate the low abundance cannabinoids for potential medicinal efficacy and to determine their roles in plant metabolism.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0168945219301190

Terpenes in Cannabis sativa – From plant genome to humans

Terpene profiles may also substantially change as a result of differential CsTPS gene expression over the course of plant development or in response to environmental factors. In addition, developmental or tissue specific expression of CsTPS may affect variation of terpene profiles in cannabis products. None of these factors of terpene variation, which may contribute to poor reproducibility of terpene composition, have been systematically studied in cannabis.
The oxygen functionality of simple terpene alcohols found in cannabis such as linalool or bisabolol may result from the enzymatic activity of CsTPS as has also been shown for TPS in other plants species [8]. Other terpene derivatives detected in cannabis may arise non-enzymatically due to oxidation or due to thermal- or UV-induced rearrangements during processing or storage, such as caryophyllene oxide, ?-elemene, or derivatives of myrcene [8,12]. These non-enzymatic modifications may add a level of variation that is independent of the plant genome and biochemistry. When terpene analysis is performed with dried plant material, variable quantitative losses of terpenes, especially the more volatile monoterpenes [13], may be another cause of terpene variation.
To resolve issues of poor reproducibility of terpene profiles in cannabis, it will be essential to perform rigorous studies with a diversity of cannabis genotypes grown under controlled environmental conditions and analyze terpene profiles quantitatively and qualitatively over the course of plant development. This would need to include organ-, tissue- and cell-type specific terpene analysis, and would have to include controlled experiments to assess effects of environmental conditions such as light, irrigation, and nutrients. Such experiments should include not only terpene metabolite analysis, but also a comprehensive transcriptome profiling of CsTPS gene expression. The results of such a study would enable much needed proper assignment of reproducible terpene profiles to different ‘strains’ and support the standardization of cannabis varieties and derived consumer products.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
I bet you love to smell your own farts.

Imagine how pathetic people who pretend they know the plant look when they spent a life working with it and haven't come to the same conclusions.

I might like my own farts but my head isn't buried in my ass the whole time to prevent it mingling with fresh air. How else can you excuse the lack of understanding around this plant?

lol imagine being proud and confident in your own lack

Mr. J

Imagine how pathetic people who pretend they know the plant look when they spent a life working with it and haven't come to the same conclusions.

I might like my own farts but my head isn't buried in my ass the whole time to prevent it mingling with fresh air. How else can you excuse the lack of understanding around this plant?

lol imagine being proud and confident in your own lack
Maybe you could sum up your position for me, in as few words as possible. Explain it to me like I'm the retard that you think I am because I just hopped in here and honestly, I have no idea what you're even going on about. Your posts are very long winded and half of each one is just snarky comments directed at everybody else so your point is hard to make out.

Thanks.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Maybe you could sum up your position for me, in as few words as possible. Explain it to me like I'm the retard that you think I am because I just hopped in here and honestly, I have no idea what you're even going on about. Your posts are very long winded and half of each one is just snarky comments directed at everybody else so your point is hard to make out.

Thanks.

read the last two posts on the previous page

If minds are too simply to tolerate long winded explanations and can't express it in a meaningful way expect my dialog to not only match but exceed the douche bag commentary.

You want to be engage your emotions in regards to an internet post that you think is a buzzkill I will be glad to spin your time as well pointing out faults in the process.

Why?

So you fucking idiots can get to see how productive it is.

If you don't like reading shit like this then speak as you desire to be spoken to.

tl:dr grow the fuck up already.

Mr. J

read the last two posts on the previous page

If minds are too simply to tolerate long winded explanations and can't express it in a meaningful way expect my dialog to not only match but exceed the douche bag commentary.

You want to be engage your emotions in regards to an internet post that you think is a buzzkill I will be glad to spin your time as well pointing out faults in the process.

Why?

So you fucking idiots can get to see how productive it is.

If you don't like reading shit like this then speak as you desire to be spoken to.

tl:dr grow the fuck up already.
So you don't really have a point then. You just like to ramble. Your grammar and spelling and terrible.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
So you don't really have a point then. You just like to ramble. Your grammar and spelling and terrible.

I made it and you don't have the capacity to read the thread and discern it

if you can't read and retain cohesive comprehension skills and still want to understand it functionally pay a consultant

thedudefresco

Fertilizers are not plant "food". They are no more food for plants than iron, calcium or zinc supplements are food for people. Plants produce their own food from water, carbon dioxide, and light energy through photosynthesis. This food (sugars and carbohydrates) is combined with plant nutrients to produce proteins, enzymes, vitamins, and other elements essential to growth. Be gone you people of promulgating old world myths.

Oh and BTW yawn. The plant has about zero rate of photosynthesis occurring in the last couple of weeks of flower preharvest so it doesn't require nutrients when photosynthesis isn't occurring. Plant science 101.

Appreciate the response. A little sassy tho :p

Mr. J

if you can't read and retain cohesive comprehension skills and still want to understand it functionally pay a consultant
Then it's a good thing that you're so awful that I don't care about your stupid point anyway.

Somatek

That's an interesting way of saying "I don't care if I'm using language properly to communicate clearly what I'm trying to say. Using big words to create the illusion of intelligence is more important then actual clear, concise communication".

I'll still trying to understand "if you can't read and retain cohesive comprehension skills" as cohesive comprehension skills seem hard to read and retain. It's fun trying to figure out what words are missing to form cohesive sentences that can be comprehended and retained after reading them.

Mr. J

That's an interesting way of saying "I don't care if I'm using language properly to communicate clearly what I'm trying to say. Using big words to create the illusion of intelligence is more important then actual clear, concise communication".

I'll still trying to understand "if you can't read and retain cohesive comprehension skills" as cohesive comprehension skills seem hard to read and retain. It's fun trying to figure out what words are missing to form cohesive sentences that can be comprehended and retained after reading them.
I think he's trying to make sense. It's just that he doesn't.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran

I posted the exact summation page before

if you can't click and read that is on you

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=9026638&postcount=469

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=9026645&postcount=470

which validate this post which is the cause for contention

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=8987420&postcount=430

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Latest posts

Latest posts