What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

University of Guelph paper- Flushing is a myth!

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love when people give life advice on the forums and then violate that very same advice in their next post...

It's also so funny seeing some arrogant asswipe flail about when they get stung with facts that supersede all the horseshoe advice they've been flinging about for years...

Flatearthers, cause N=1 rules! :thank you:

THIS is a picture from Prune's albums:

picture.php

And he's going to sit there with his keyboard as his axe and his screen as a his shield...and talk straight shit. :laughing:

^^That looks "flushed" to me if I ever saw it. Appears to be very well grown. However, since THIS picture is fro m 2016 and antiquated and so stuck in the old ways...

With all this new knowledge science has blessed us with - let us now recognize this picture for what it REALLY is...

Poorly grown weed full of leftover nutes in the flowers.

Your own words, Prune. THIS is what makes you a poser. Sorry to single you out, but, hook, line, sinker.

dank.Frank

Lyfespan

rule of thumb with indoor plants. How does mother earth treat them out doors? hows that watering progress through a season and better yet, WHY? learn this and youll do ok.

oh and white ash is from lowest moisture content in product, not anything else. lick a cig part way down smoke past that point and tell me different

BongFu

THIS is a picture from Prune's albums:

View Image

And he's going to sit there with his keyboard as his axe and his screen as a his shield...and talk straight shit. :laughing:

^^That looks "flushed" to me if I ever saw it. Appears to be very well grown. However, since THIS picture is fro m 2016 and antiquated and so stuck in the old ways...

With all this new knowledge science has blessed us with - let us now recognize this picture for what it REALLY is...

Poorly grown weed full of leftover nutes in the flowers.

Your own words, Prune. THIS is what makes you a poser. Sorry to single you out, but, hook, line, sinker.

dank.Frank

Lol you've been singling me out the whole way troll. Mate, that sad excuse of a flower may impress a few kiddies here but as a tip don't get into a pissing contest and then flop out an inch of dick.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bongfu - just keep thinking about my genitals.

^^Sick puppy that one. Everything keeps revolving around sexual references. Gross.

dank.Frank

G

Gauss

rule of thumb with indoor plants. How does mother earth treat them out doors? hows that watering progress through a season and better yet, WHY? learn this and youll do ok.

oh and white ash is from lowest moisture content in product, not anything else. lick a cig part way down smoke past that point and tell me different

Yea, like I said I'm not contradicting the study and might imply there are other factors at work within the entire dynamic. I'll smoke a cig to get the taste of crow outta my mouth if I ever have to eat it.

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
Here's my understanding of what happens when I "flush" my dwc grows. I replace the water/nutrient solution with plain water - usually the last week or so of the grow. I do this because any nutrient requirements of the plant are drawn from the plants reserves, essentially burning up the remains of any food it's got stashed. I do not do this on anecdotal evidence, I have flushed a few crops & the ash from the flushed plants is whispy/white. I believe I am smoking a cleaner product. I'll do what I know works.

BongFu

Yeah I mean a whole bunch of people go to Church to worship various Gods - each of them think their God is the only one. Fact is though, no one has ever proven the existence of any God and yet people believe regardless, so much so that they go to war over their Gods. Crazy when you actually analyze it from a scientific perspective (yeah Jesus was the only white person in the entire Middle East back in the day and his mother was a virgin) but people believe anyway. Hypothesis - people are prone to form flawed systems of belief.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
the point isn't to keep a plant at peak stores during maturation if you do you are not expressing senescence in a meaningful way

if you don't comprehend that you shouldn't be in this conversation until you do

How is the atmosphere up there on that high horse ?

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I don't flush in the widely used sense of the term. Blind tests have shown it to be pointless. Even damaging.

A lot of the pics people seem to like, I see as a plant suffering. A plant should come down when it's still producing the good stuff, quicker than that good stuff is going over the hill. We can't just keep going forever, and expect it to keep being worthwhile. That is something I hope we all agree on. The issue is, just when is the time to chop.

I wonder how well mobile elements can move around, without P for instance. The main transport ingredient.

I'm a hydro grower, and find ec1 acceptable. ec1.2 might get a second glance from a very experienced smoker. ec14 is too high. ec1.6 and you could see hard black ash and the K igniting. It's not the same for every feed though. Really cheap food has a lot of N from ammonia, and that's a lost cause. I believe we taste the feed a whole lot more than we realise. I will leave the brands alone, but Amsterdam smells predominantly of a certain one. I imagine its a skunk smell to most people. But it's feed. Some will say no, it's an expression of the plant that said feed brings out. But it's just so samey.

We have had quite a bit of discussion here. I don't believe the paper myself, it's just not so cut and dry as they think. The no flush argument has a lot more weight than forums in general would have us believe though. I welcome such a paper, as it allows me to be a bit more open about what I'm doing, without the whole world questioning why. I track what they can use, with root zone monitoring. With them never getting the fcuked look that many people seem to pursue. I don't think that tastes good anymore. I bring down healthy plants, using just enough feed to keep them that way. If it says 8-9 weeks, it's not going to be there in 12.

I guess most hydro users don't look at the root zone, or even the run off, so they can't be feeding them right anyway. So let them try and save it after the fact. Run to waste is really good to see exactly what they are taking though. A true learning experience. For anyone that really does want to watch what the plant is doing, and treat it accordingly

G

Gauss

Why do leaves yellow in senecense?

They prioritize resources to the buds which make seeds (not in sensimilla of course, but it's the general genetic programming) so it doesn't go extinct instead of prioritizing chlorophyll and other life sustaining processes, I always assumed. I don't think senescence is proof the flushing works, if anything it's null evidence. I could be wrong on that point specifically, but in any case you gotta grow to know. Yes, I know this was rhetorical.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
It seems like a plant that prioritizes cannibalizing its lower assimilated nutrients would likely cannibalize the remainder of them in attempt to further the sexual organs' attempt at reproduction.

But I haven't (and won't) read the thread....

So I don't really matter.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Is anybody flushing until the buds are yellow?
If not then you aren't flushing long enough to have an effect on the smoke.:dance013:

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Is anybody flushing until the buds are yellow?
If not then you aren't flushing long enough to have an effect on the smoke.:dance013:

if one times it wrong they will be

my guess is you never tried

glad to see how many minds think translocation is binary because it keeps competition lean

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
old school Colombian Gold got its color in the drying curing process as documented

this speaks to cure which effects sugars and chlorophyll outside of nutrient translocation