What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Universal 2 button tv remote control

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
My grandmother has dementia,and recently it's got bad very quickly.
She has major problems trying to remember how to use the remote control.
Basically the only time she touches the remote is to turn the volume up or down.
Does anyone know of a remote control that only has 2 buttons, volume up and volume down?
Closest I can find is one button to turn power off Tvs in public, and a 5 button remote..
My Google searches aren't finding any 2 button remotes
Thanks guys and gals

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
The 5 button might be useful, if the key pad can be modified. Often it's a bit of rubber sheet, so some scissors will take out ones you don't need. You could even use some milliput to block the holes.
If you go at it without opening it up, then be careful not to damage the board. It should be quite easy to craft knife them out, if you can pull the rubber upwards, keeping the blade off the board.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
Can't you just use duct tape and glue to cover up all the buttons you don't want her to use ?
I wish. If I tape it she will just peel it off. She doesn't know what she's doing,so I can't just say don't touch the other buttons.
I'm just going to have to take it apart and deactivate the extra buttons.
The fucking human brain is a trip.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I wish. If I tape it she will just peel it off. She doesn't know what she's doing,so I can't just say don't touch the other buttons.
I'm just going to have to take it apart and deactivate the extra buttons.
The fucking human brain is a trip.
i'm much the same way as her, just not for the same reason. i'm going to superglue all of the buttons that i don't use..may do my damn truck the same way. can't drive it without getting too close to a button & have it say "issue a command" while i'm screaming "eat s##t and die, MF!":cuss:

Ca++

I realised my car talked, and sometimes listened, when I found the module via the obd port.
I realised it had heated seats, as I cleared it out before the scrap guy took it away.
I have had one of the cars about 20 years. I got it an alpine tape deck with cd autochanger. Both tapes and CDs are now out of date, and hole in the dash remains to be filled. The alpines remain new in the box.

What do you really need from a car? I took the aircon off, as it weighed 35kg. I'm deliberating over the window motors. I have an image of some handles I want.

Just needs rwd lsd and a manual box. Lights and wipers. More is less.

iTarzan

Epoxy resin everything but the 2 buttons she needs. Like the inside of a electronic ballast the company doesn't want you working on.

iTarzan