What's new

Unhappy plants- TOO MUCH CO2

josepslo

Hello, please help as I don't know what else to try. This problem is already 2 grow, when i sealed room and added CO2.

Blooming: 2 week

growbox: 1.2m x 2,4m (4x8)
Strain: white widow, Og kush, blue berry chease
Light: 2x 450w mars hydro
Co2: 1250-1450 ppm
temp: 27-30 (80-86)
humidity: 55%-65%
Ph: 6.3 runoff: 6.5
EC: 1.9 EC runoff: 2.3
pots: 18l (4.7 gallons)
wattering: somewhere on 6 days ( this is not okay i thing)
Nutrients: Plagron bloom, sugar royal and now i add CalMag

Wheen added CO2, plants grow so slow.

Maybe too much ppm with these watts? Sealed room?

I apologize for bad English.

Attachments

• DSCN3402[1].JPG
    DSCN3402[1].JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 86
  • DSCN3409[1].JPG
    DSCN3409[1].JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 91
  • DSCN3408[1].JPG
    DSCN3408[1].JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 81
  • DSCN3407[1].JPG
    DSCN3407[1].JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 81
  • DSCN3405[1].JPG
    DSCN3405[1].JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 84
  • DSCN3404[1].JPG
    DSCN3404[1].JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 75
  • DSCN3403[1].JPG
    DSCN3403[1].JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 93

exoticrobotic

Wheen added CO2, plants grow so slow.

Maybe too much ppm with these watts? Sealed room?

Some pics look like they are thirsty and need water.

Other pics show clawing at top of plants so feed could be out of whack.

Ph: 6.3 runoff: 6.5

Isnt that a bit high? When i used to check pH i always ran 5.8 - 6.2.

If your pH is 6.3 but runs off to 6.5 then your medium or something in it is very alkaline and could be causing your issues with slow growth and stunted weird looking growth.

I would try to fix the pH, lower it a bit
EC: 1.9 EC runoff: 2.3

Could it be that you are letting your reservoir nute solution get too concentrated or the medium get too anaerobic?

Try topping it up more regularly. When iused to run hydro i would completely drain and refill the res solution weekly.

wattering: somewhere on 6 days ( this is not okay i thing)

Not sure what you mean bro. Watering once per 6 days isn't enough.

In soil, i water once every 2 or 3 days.

In hydro flood and drain i kept it running continuously. In rockwool there is plenty enough air.

driver77

You don't have enough light to worry about co2.....900w for a 4x8 won't require co2 even running both at 100%.
Try cutting co2 off for a couple grows....perfect your growing skills......get more lights.....try co2 again
The 6 day watering thing has me baffled?...you only water every 6 days?

josepslo

You don't have enough light to worry about co2.....900w for a 4x8 won't require co2 even running both at 100%.
Try cutting co2 off for a couple grows....perfect your growing skills......get more lights.....try co2 again
The 6 day watering thing has me baffled?...you only water every 6 days?

I have lowered CO2 today to 400-500ppm And after 2h looks much better. Now I will wait for some day and let you know.

josepslo

Now have 2x 450w if i add one more light with 450w, will this be okey for 1,2x2,4m box? Or still need more for co2?

Lumpy-Gravy

I don’t think you need more light. What are the manufactures recommendations when it comes to coverage/ppfd that sort of thing? I use a 480w in a 1.2m2. Personally I think you’re getting hung up on lighting the plants rather than the space. 2 weeks into flower I’ll have my light at 60% maybe. Get a light meter or a light meter app. Ppfd recommendations are easily google-able and set your light using that. Use the co2 for making fizzy pop. Lower the EC.

driver77

I don’t think you need more light. What are the manufactures recommendations when it comes to coverage/ppfd that sort of thing? I use a 480w in a 1.2m2. Personally I think you’re getting hung up on lighting the plants rather than the space. 2 weeks into flower I’ll have my light at 60% maybe. Get a light meter or a light meter app. Ppfd recommendations are easily google-able and set your light using that. Use the co2 for making fizzy pop. Lower the EC.
I agree...right now get a light meter or the phone app and learn about ppfd and dli and get that down to where your know exactly how much light you have, how much the plants need without problems, and grows are perfect. You don't need co2 for big plants. When you can grow big plants without co2 easily...then maybe it's time to think about using it again.

driver77

I don't want to discourage you though. It's just such a game of balance when your trying to add co2. You have to increase not only light but the right amount of light and know what those amounts will do to the plants. Nutes also have to be increased to cover the accelerated growth...also at the right amounts and right times depending on co2 and light intensity. These are factors that you should already have a firm grip on before trying to make it a lot more confusing. Keep your co2 toys for later when your ready to really play with them properly. :canabis: How about some follow up pics with them girls looking proud too!

josepslo

Thank you guys for help. It really was a problem in too much CO2:D

After 5 days i thing looks much better. And they also grow much faster. Now just need buy par meter, and try to find the maximum amount of CO2:)

Uses anyone Photone On Samsung?I don't know why it shows me too much value. I calibrated and show me up to 1800 ppfd. Or do I have to buy just the right meter?

Attachments

• 1[1].JPG
    1[1].JPG
    2 MB · Views: 60
  • 2[1].JPG
    2[1].JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 57
  • 3[1].JPG
    3[1].JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 68
  • 4[1].JPG
    4[1].JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 67

driver77

Thank you guys for help. It really was a problem in too much CO2:D

After 5 days i thing looks much better. And they also grow much faster. Now just need buy par meter, and try to find the maximum amount of CO2:)

Uses anyone Photone On Samsung?I don't know why it shows me too much value. I calibrated and show me up to 1800 ppfd. Or do I have to buy just the right meter?
Looking much better! I have the photone app on a Samsung and it reads low compared to a cheap par meter I bought. I tried calibration and screwed it up...my app reads around 200 lower than my par meter.

Lumpy-Gravy

@josepslo you have to cover your camera with a ‘diffuser’ … in other words a piece of paper. Tape it to your phone and take a reading. Just go steady with the light. You’re still in a bit of a transition stage at week 2. You can always crank it up.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I've never used CO2 and have grown giant plants with giant buds. However, if you have a controlled environment that is sealed you can use it for boost.

dramamine

Curious if you're using a burner or bottled CO2. I had similar trouble with a burner years ago. I'm glad you've got them doing better now.

josepslo

Curious if you're using a burner or bottled CO2. I had similar trouble with a burner years ago. I'm glad you've got them doing better now.

And how u solve ?

I run now in room 600-700 ppm with CO2.
I still have problem now with only 2 plants... Its still not happy how must be. I full sealed room and now trying to take fresh air in night. I have CO2 because i have problem with temperature (now have AC) and smell a little bit when open box.

Its important to take fresh air in night and lower CO? If its closed door, CO2 raised to 1000-1100PPM at night.

dramamine

And how u solve ?

I run now in room 600-700 ppm with CO2.
I still have problem now with only 2 plants... Its still not happy how must be. I full sealed room and now trying to take fresh air in night. I have CO2 because i have problem with temperature (now have AC) and smell a little bit when open box.

Its important to take fresh air in night and lower CO? If its closed door, CO2 raised to 1000-1100PPM at night.
I changed to bottled CO2 and the problem stopped.

Also, those levels of CO2 at night shouldn't be any problem and shouldn't require any fresh air exchange. 1100 ppm isn't too much.

josepslo

I changed to bottled CO2 and the problem stopped.

Also, those levels of CO2 at night shouldn't be any problem and shouldn't require any fresh air exchange. 1100 ppm isn't too much.

U have sealed room?

And what about ppm when is light. I have now 1350 watts in box. Now dont know what fixed the problem, i changet ppm to lower, on night added fresh air and now lower the light.