What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

underground growin

ydijadoit

Leepy,
I'd love to keep using this room, but the mold I found is all around the perimeter of my crawlspace. It is only about a six inch wide patch, where the vapor barrier ends, but I am sure the spores are everywhere. Crawling over them, just drags them into my room, and I just threw 2lbs away, from my last harvest, due to mold.
Not only that, but my back is not getting better, only worse. It's time to tear this out, while I am physically able, and put a stop to the mold problem, before it threatens the value of my home. (Yup, only investment I've got!)
Not to worry, my 4x4x8' cab in my garage will soon be joined by a second, identical cab.
Sure is nice, to be able to work on my plants, without crawling around like Gollum.
I'll never give up on the idea, and my next house may well have a hidden room, behind a bookshelf, or some other false wall. I've always loved the idea of pulling the candleholder on the wall, and the magic growroom pops open, like some old horror movie!
It's funny you mentioned getting married. That's exactly the time I was digging my hole, also. At times, I wondered if I was digging my own grave, but after being married for a few years, I guess it's ok!
Regards

leepy

Leepy,
I'd love to keep using this room, but the mold I found is all around the perimeter of my crawlspace. It is only about a six inch wide patch, where the vapor barrier ends, but I am sure the spores are everywhere. Crawling over them, just drags them into my room, and I just threw 2lbs away, from my last harvest, due to mold.
Not only that, but my back is not getting better, only worse. It's time to tear this out, while I am physically able, and put a stop to the mold problem, before it threatens the value of my home. (Yup, only investment I've got!)
Not to worry, my 4x4x8' cab in my garage will soon be joined by a second, identical cab.
Sure is nice, to be able to work on my plants, without crawling around like Gollum.
I'll never give up on the idea, and my next house may well have a hidden room, behind a bookshelf, or some other false wall. I've always loved the idea of pulling the candleholder on the wall, and the magic growroom pops open, like some old horror movie!
It's funny you mentioned getting married. That's exactly the time I was digging my hole, also. At times, I wondered if I was digging my own grave, but after being married for a few years, I guess it's ok!
Regards
well its a shame about ya room gettin closed down m8y but cant wait to see ya new cab once its done keep at it my good man an all the best with ya new grow :ying:

ydijadoit

Thanks Leepy. I'll likely start a thread when I get ready to build a second cab. Until then, I've still got 16 square feet to play with!
Take care

SuperConductor

Veteran
I remember the big dig, sorry to hear about your troubles but looks like you came out the other side ok.

Legend! Keep it up bud.

B

Bleed~green

Damn this shit is so badass. Both of yalls! Leepy what did you build the box with if you don't mind my asking? Keep up the good work.

leepy

Damn this shit is so badass. Both of yalls! Leepy what did you build the box with if you don't mind my asking? Keep up the good work.

dude im sorry pal i forgot about this thread :bashhead: the box was made from 3/4 marine ply and strutted with 3x2 then totaly encased in concrete