What's new

underground fence

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
hey all....i recently became the new owner of a walker hound dog and she loves to run and chase animals....I was thinking of installing an underground fence to keep her from running away...has anyone used this?

jimmie

i have 2 siberian huskies who loved to dig and get out. i bought the pet safe stubborn dog(more shock) invisible fence and it works great, they will not go near the fence,batteries last 6 about months. just remember to change the batteries and all will be good. hope this helps.
jimmie

Hockeyman

I bought an underground fence for my lab... lets just say it isn't fun digging a trench and burying the cable around a 1.5 acre lot. If you have a smaller lot it shouldn't be too bad to dig all around.

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
thanks you kind people! I'd like to do the underground thing but my yard is too big. I think I'm going to try and train her...I can't seem to find anything online except breed information. I know of a few people who train dogs and will speak with them.
Y'know I could only do the underground fence on a quarter of the lot and that may work out.....(wheels are spinning in my head).
Thanks again!!!