What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Under Self LEDs for Cloning - Recommendations?

Fixer

My wire shelves are 18" x 48". I'll like to hang one LED below each of two of the selves. Has anyone had experience doing this? I only need enough wattage to grow clones. Keeping the heat down is important. Thanks in advance!

unnamedmike

Check out this if you dont know yet. Cheaps and efficients. digikey com/en/products/detail/bridgelux/BXEB-L0560Z-35E2000-C-B3/7907663

Fixer

Thanks Mike, I'm fascinated by all of the DIY LEDs but I don't have the bandwidth to build my own. There aren't enough hours in my day but I do appreciate the tip!
tiphat.gif

Mattbho

There was a guy that had a thread using cheap led strips . I remember he was a boater.

im pretty sure not much wiring is involved 1 negative 1 positive from the driver ce la vie

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
The 18" and shelves suggests two rows of lighting, as you may not have the height for a single lamp to spread evenly over the 18. Anything from 5 to 10 watts per prop tray is ample.

I would look at the fittings designed to go under cupboards for worktop lighting. Easy to cabletie in place and have plugs&sockets for linking them. However.. Will they get wet from above? You might be better with some ikea kit that's led sticky tape, with a low voltage psu connection at one end. Just like modern day Christmas lights but the tape won't have the leds pointing in all directions like tree light strings do.