Unclefishstick's Guide to Home Bicycle Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danksmith

Veteran
We did some more crosses with GSC and Skywalker

Humboldt cut GSC x Headband
Sky Walker Kush x Headband

and these are the Gorillas so far. I may do some more later.

Gorilla Glue x LAX (Late Pheno)
Gorilla Glue x Headband
Gorilla Glue x Pack 13 (Lavender Lights)
those are some seriously exciting crosses you have been creating... just had to say that man.... super dank:tiphat:

k++++

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
Budelight ... glad to see ya made yer way here to the bike shop !!! your REDeyed testers look like they're coming along nicely !!! mine didn't fare so well .
Thanks bud! I appreciate the kind words. Too bad about yours :shucks:

I did find it here finally, saw the thread's title pop up enough times on my sidebar, i knew there had to be some great conversation here.

Talked to a guy tonight who has a nice fold up bike. The part he liked the most was that there are wheels on the cargo rack, for when its on a flat surface. Plus it had really comfortable hand grip built into the bottom of the front tip of its seat. Makes it super easy to carry indoors with him to work. Guy rides his bike from the train station to work.

I have been saying for a few months that i would like to purchase a bike, it just hasn't happened yet. Like the fold-up-bike stranger, I too would have to carry my bike up a few sets of stairs to get home. There is no place for me to lock it up safely downstairs.

Those cameras i posed earlier, the prices are all jacked up on amazon because they are 3rd party sellers. I believe they all range between $100 and $180 - i found the recommendations on various photography forums. I love all the online communities that have shown up in the last decade :)

Cheers,
BeL

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
mornin...:coffee:

bude,theres so many options these days,even in the folding bike field.figure out what you want to do with the bike and start from there,if its just in city commuting than maybe a folder would be a good option,but they do tend to be heavy...a bike/ trailer combo can be great for hauling but tough to get up stairs...
i really like the surly since it does well on the roads,hauls a trailer well,and is an able mountain bike to round it out,but not everyone wants to drop 2 grand on a bike and trailer...

greenums, we get high with a little help from our friends here,the way it should be..

mornin pappy,you must have to work during the day or something,you're usually the only one up as early as me unless third is around somewhere...

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
And it's off to bed for this bloke, Have a good day gang, catch ya when the sun's up for me :gday:
:blowbubbles:

pappy masonjar

Veteran
well, my time is earlier than urs i think. But yeah, im always up. and I dont have a real job per se. But i do have a crazy toddler that doesnt let me post much during the day. I prolly only sleep 2-3 hours a night. Usually the only time i get enough peace and quiet to post, is in the middle of the night. Im kinda on b00m time.. and our time. But, whatd ya gonna do, right? He's the last one for sure. Start the countdown to freedom, 15 years to go! better slip away for a toke while hes at the park with his momma. :smoke:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol,yeah,real jobs are for suckers! much easier on the constitution to relax and do whatever all day..
catch yah on the flipper b00m,i slept like a tired rock last night....

taking it easy today,just a quick blast around town to grab some stuff and pay bills,need to refill both water barrels,i sure am liking having 55 gallons of ro storage,im curios to see if running an air stone in the barrel will make any difference...

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Morning brethren.

Going to he getting the Biker Kush tested today. Its sibling bhog tested at 24 so hopefully this is up there as well.

Bought the wrong size pvc fittings for my drip manifolds yesterday. Needed 3/4" got 1/2". Try again today.

captain planet

Veteran
Idk Unc, I'd say you have a "real" job! Not many can do what you do, and you do a damn good job at it :). Gentleman farmer is definitely a job.... Dream job yes!

pappy masonjar

Veteran
We arent saying working is for suckers. Just working for pennies and not getting appreciated, is for suckers. A 'Real Job", if you will.

Its messed up too, it seems the lower paying the job, the more shit those people deal with. I always tip well for that reason.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mornin fellerz :coffee:

Lets not talk about going to work to much huh ! with no harvests in oct or nov .... i may have to go back to work for awhile cuz my measly SSI check ain't gonna cut it !!! it sux , but i gotta do what i can to pay these bills :shucks:
If i didn't have so many people around me with their hands out for help & i wasn't such a sap & helped them ... i'd probably have enough stashed to get me through . but it is what it is . the nice guys finish last i guess . now lets see if any of them come through for me .

feelin a little better this morning so now its time to get the rooms done !!!!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yep,need to go to the hardware store myself,trying to make a bike parking stand and i should have just bought a bike parking stand....thats what i get for trying to reinvent-uncize things...

cappy,its all about doing what you love,it aint work if you enjoy it,its just life then...

pappy...not to sound all anne rynd-y here,but you get out of life what you put into it,you can either strive to be better or turn in to a sludgy ball of corn syrup and honey booboo like most of america...everyone has some innate talent or gift,very few people ever seem to find it...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mornin fellerz :coffee:

Lets not talk about going to work to much huh ! with no harvests in oct or nov .... i may have to go back to work for awhile cuz my measly SSI check ain't gonna cut it !!! it sux , but i gotta do what i can to pay these bills :shucks:
If i didn't have so many people around me with their hands out for help & i wasn't such a sap & helped them ... i'd probably have enough stashed to get me through . but it is what it is . the nice guys finish last i guess . now lets see if any of them come through for me .

feelin a little better this morning so now its time to get the rooms done !!!!
that good karma will come back someday...actually it already has since anytime you do the right thing it makes your life better....

speaking of bills,off to pay mine,glad summers over and the bills are going down...:tumbleweed:

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that good karma will come back someday...actually it already has since anytime you do the right thing it makes your life better....
Your right Unc It does !!!! cuz my kid is out of my house ... in his own place now all set up & growing again . my buddy from Fla is out on his own again in his own place & self sufficiant , & Its just Me the ol'lady & the pooch again here all by ourselves !!!! gotta love that !!!! :woohoo: :biggrin:

the next 2 months will be tuff financially but as long as I have a decent harvest in december & have a good Xmas ..... i'll be a happy man :)

captain planet

Veteran
Any of you guys ever make tincture ? If so what do you think is better, alcohol based or veg. Glycerine based? I ve got a cpl people that I'm trying to help out, that really need good medicine.

pappy masonjar

Veteran
Unc, i always really liked the saying, "if your doing something you love, you never work a day in your life". I really love growing. I know its ultra competetive in med states, but i hope to be able to make a modest, legal living that way, one day. Im hopin, my buds should already be good enough people would buy them in a med state. But definitly by the time i move, or my state goes legal, i think my buds should be up to par. Ive never smoked anything from a dispensary, but i dont think their bud could be that much better than mine. Im sure some is, but mine gotta be buyable at least.

and i was just watching drugs inc. philly; did you guys know that "abadominium" isnt a "real" word? I really thought that was a real word.:dunno:

learn somethin new everyday. :smoke:

captain planet

Veteran
Get lots of dispensary meds here, can be great! they can be pretty mediocre too. If you know the right people the goods are everywhere pap! I think the Glue will change things forever :) it is the new panacea!

Status
Not open for further replies.