What's new

Unclefishstick's Guide to Home Bicycle Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed: well,looks like another reason im happy to not live in the midwest today!:freezing: or the northeast for that matter....heck,i still have yet to actually put on a pair of long pants....the coldest day all i needed was leg warmers....still not sure if the furnace has ever come on...

looks like the glue plant will be ready to trim this afternoon...gonna try and nab a quick ride then come back and knock that sucka out...

thewhitelotus

Veteran
GOOOOOOOD MORNING! Been away for a bit....just got back from Vegas again! Decided a photo update is along the lines of necessary

About 4 days left....finishing em off with a very low EC....expecting some color changes soon

picture.php

Lights off

picture.php

Group Shot

picture.php

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow b00mer .... sorry to hear about the neighbor & the pooch . its real tuff losing loved ones !!! 2 legged or 4 legged :comfort:

who left the fukin door open & let DR freeze in ???? its freakin FREEZING up in here !!!! :freezing:

Lookin good Lotus & 190 :tiphat: you guys should be in for a real nice harvest !!!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:biggrin: lol,its even sort of cold here this morning...relatively speaking of course....
getting set up to start trimming,oh fun:woohoo:
but,on the other hand,its already spoken for so the sooner its done,the sooner i get motha effin paid!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:good:if yah gotta spend a day trimming then its nice for it to be glue...
if it wasnt for gumming up a pair of scissors every 30 seconds that is!

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I keep a rag & a cup of Isso right there next to me as i'm trimming this stuff , you really need it !!! :biggrin:

most plants i can get through 2 or 3 branches before i have to clean the scissors , but the GG i have to clean them after every branch !!!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im pretty sure i bought someone a mercedes at fiskars by this point...
i usually just let a stack of dirty scissors pile up then scrape them and use one of those scissor fix things,gets them clean pretty quickly then back to the snip snip...
well i can see this is going to take all day,gotta dash off to the store real quick and then back to work...

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
I knew that glue was gonna suk ass.

Afternoon fellas!

Just cleared the snow of the sat dish so I have access to the net once again. A foot of snow on the dish apparently is not a good thing.

Was -15 when I got up today and that was not wind chill, that was more like -40. Strange sensation to have your throat and lungs crystallize when you try to breathe.

So the non plant having side of the barn got down in the 40's yesterday with just the 1000 burning. Guess next winter I may have to add a couple more.:biggrin:

Well I finally called in the artillery to come rescue my ass. Plow trucks? No, we don't use no stinkin plow trucks.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
jesus dude ! when you say burried you meant it !!!! :yoinks:

i feel ya on the temps though .... this shit is crazy !!! I can't remember it being this cold in like ..... ever !!

nice piece of property too 3rd !!! looks kinda like where i'm looking to move to .... out of the stinkin city !!!

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fiskars Unc ? fiskars suck !!! they loose their sharpness real quick . i've been using the green handled hydrofarm scissors ..... much better & they last alot longer than them cheap ass fiskars !!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i go back and forth with brands,i was using the hydrofarm curve tip for a long time but then switched back to fiskars,they had them on sale at walmart for like 8 bux a pair.im almost done trashing that bunch...

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
jesus dude ! when you say burried you meant it !!!! :yoinks:

i feel ya on the temps though .... this shit is crazy !!! I can't remember it being this cold in like ..... ever !!

nice piece of property too 3rd !!! looks kinda like where i'm looking to move to .... out of the stinkin city !!!

Yeah, if you're the type that doesn't like having neighbors, you can't beat this living.

Does help when your one neighbor has lots of cool toys to un-bury you. Other than him I got 100's of acres of farmland to surround me.:)

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol,thats funny...the farther from the city,the cooler the toys,lots of people with atv's and 4x6's around here,plenty of rock crawler 4x4's....not a lot of boats though oddly enough!

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah, if you're the type that doesn't like having neighbors, you can't beat this living.

Does help when your one neighbor has lots of cool toys to un-bury you. Other than him I got 100's of acres of farmland to surround me.
i would KILL for a place like that !!! as far as cleaning up the snow ... i'd have a quad with a plow on it so i could do it myself & have a little fun too :) i've wanted one for the last 10 years or so , but never had a place big enough to justify buying it & i'm not gonna trailer it out to play on . so it'll wait till i have a place big enough . the Kawasaki 750 brute force is a nice machine for that . its automatic & 4wd plus it comes with the winch & a ball hitch , you'd just need to hook up the plow blade & have at it .

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah,its gonna be cool to get a pugsly,i have really been enjoying riding the camber,and i can see i have a lot of dirt riding to do to have the proper skill set and confidence for what i want to do,and when the set of bikes is complete and i have had the time to really get in shape im going to be able to do all the stuff i have been dreaming of and all the patient years of getting the garden together and having a stable enough income to have the time to pursue all these different interest...
lol,back to trimming slacker! man im good at flying off on tangents!

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
at least you have trimming to do .... i'm bored outa my fukin skull !!! & its to damn cold to go out & doanything , i'd be a popsickle in a matter of minutes !!! :freezing:

Status
Not open for further replies.