What's new

Unclefishstick's Guide to Home Bicycle Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:tumbleweed: gonna try out the new crock pot today and make some green chili stew....maybe get fancy and grill the pork first....need to pick up a bag of charcoal....mmmm,that sounds good...think i will do that...

got a couple clones to stick,probably need to get into veg and do some cleaning and such today,got a batch of clones and seedlings i need to start hardening off...

need to clean the camber off too...got pretty dusty yesterday,chain is already a bit ganked up,really the whole bike got pretty dirty...rode hard and put up dusty!

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this is why i hate winter ..... been stuck in the house for 3 days . just to damn cold out to go out & do anything so here i set . having no wheels of my own makes it even harder to go anywhere & get things done , have to use the wifes if she isn't busy running here & there .
not even january yet & i'm feeling cabin fever .
picture.php

Mornin SUKers :coffee:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol,this is why i love winter! nice to be able to get out when its not so hot!

well you know im also something of an outdoor gear junkie so i see winter as a time to break out all the overpriced cold weather gear,nothing better than being out on a really shitty day when everyone else is hiding inside and working with the weather rather than against it...but i realize im sort of crazy that way...

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you had the snow & Ice to contend with like I do .... you might think differently about getting out in it as much as ya do Unc . but you lived in AK .... so maybe not . like you said ..... yer nuckin futs anyways :bat:

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
it's been kinda nice here other than the rain. 30s at night 40s 50s day time but it will get colder brrrrr

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i rode a bike with studded snow tires or walked up there,and long before there were fat bikes too...i realized long ago that what motivates me is quite different in many cases than most people...not to mention i have more capacity to endure suffering than most....indeed you might say i purposefully seek out things that other people shun and somehow turn them into recreation....i dunno,its hard to explain to people who dont do this sort of stuff,and of course they understand the why of it without needing words to explain it....im sure i mostly come off as an arrogant prick most of the time but really its just tremendous self confidence,being comfortable in many different environments from oceans to high mountains,from "shit,i hope i survive" to swanky cocktail parties...to babbling aimlessly over the internet! lol,man,im stoned this morning....been baking cookies all morning!

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
There was two big 3" balls of hash from the GG4 and Headband trim. Its real good. I should bake some cookies too.

I ran out of firewood last night, and had to turn the furnace back on. I need to head out back with the chain saw, and get after some piles of large limbs I took down a year ago. My dogs love having a fire in the fireplace. I run a EPA certified low emmision insert. Its a canadian set up with a blower and a glass firebox door.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i gotta a couple of hashy balls for yah! they make frosting too so when yer cookies are done i can decorate em for yah!

i was thinking of getting a wood stove for the man cave eventually,and then a hot tub,may go with a wood fired tub as well,but that will be after i get the backyard all landscaped since i want to put some french doors in the man cave and have another porch and garden area behind the shop building...theres already a mature tree back there and it makes the planting much easier with some shade to work with...

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
I just bought A truck load of fire wood $65 1/2 cord,i heat with a small wood stove/heater .my saw needs some work or I would have cut my own

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is anyone using the inline scrubbers ?? Its time for me to buy another large scrubber. I want to try the inline type So I can scrub the air then send it out side with no fear of Oder. I cant do that with the scrubbers I'm using now. I have to look at the design before I commit. I want to see the air path it takes on the inline. I know how the recerc scrubbers work they have worked well for me but I want to filter the exhaust so I can send it outside instead of in my bedroom. Give me your thoughts on these types. If they are no good I will pass and stay with the kind im using now.

After looking they all look like there not want I saw. They have open ends not just the one end is open. I cant seem to find them now. will keep looking. I might have to just keep using he same type I have now.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Here are the Satori clones since I have stopped using the Cal-Mag. Now they get 6.7g MaxiBloom, 5mL pH up to bring it to 5.9 to 6.0 'ish. Turns out at about 900ppm.

They have just been under my fluorescent light for now but new HPS gets here in a few days so they will veg under that for another couple of weeks before 12/12.

Since only four are going in my 3x3 tent.....how should I prune them at this point? I topped them each one time to take clones so far....but also need more clones

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks Y'all

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wait until you get your clones before you prune,which can always be done in early flower as well...

evening gents...

decided i would do the pass ride tomorrow instead of waiting until new years day...now that i have made a plan to do it i just wanna get it out of the way now...once this one is done i will have all the rides that get me out of the immediate area since theres climbing involved in 3 of the 4 cardinal directions...just knowing i can do the hard part of getting out of the immediate area will open up lots of new turf,and more daylight coming up soon means more road hours...still have a long way to go to be truly fit...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
its funny,i used to think i was in half decent shape but that wasnt really true until now,and really it was as much a mental fitness thing too...getting into the territory of i know i can rather than i think i can...in spite of having been riding for 43 years now i feel like im just now really learning how to ride a bike....i suppose there are worse things to do with a mid-life crisis...less pitiful than buying a corvette and a toupee at least..

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just bought A truck load of fire wood $65 1/2 cord,i heat with a small wood stove/heater .my saw needs some work or I would have cut my own
I sold firewood in the late 70's for 25 bux a cord. Thought I was gonna get rich lol' Fella down the road from my place in the hills is selling 1/2 cord for 35 bux if you haul it.
PF can you not just use a regular filter and use your fan to pull rather then push. I know the fans make better pushers then pullers but it will work.I dont have space to put the filter where it needs to be outside the tent so I have my filter in the tent and the fan on the outside with ducting carrying air from the fan to the outside. Can't even smell the GG#4 buds drying. I dont expect my fans to last but getting the job done is #1.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
..i suppose there are worse things to do with a mid-life crisis...less pitiful than buying a corvette and a toupee at least..

Hell .... i'll take the vette if ya don't want it .... especially if its a black 65 big block :biggrin: :Bolt:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol,when i was just getting started with this i used to think of fans and ballast and such as permanent investments ans i was the king of reusing stuff till it fell apart but now it just the cost of doing business and having a safe garden...when a fan gets noisy now i take it out and replace it and use the old one for a back up if it can be cleaned up...panda plastic i used to use over and over,now it comes down and gets recycled...when i tear down the garage flower room once the new rooms get built i will reuse the reflectix to insulate the garage,and all the foam board i can recover and the 2x4s ...the ducting,all in the garbage...and there miles of it!

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What do you guys do with old bulbs? I had about 30 used bulbs that now belong to the 16th judicial drug task force (fuckers). They are starting to add up again. I'll keep a few for back ups but no point keeping them all.

Grizz

Veteran
I sold firewood in the late 70's for 25 bux a cord. Thought I was gonna get rich lol' Fella down the road from my place in the hills is selling 1/2 cord for 35 bux if you haul it.
PF can you not just use a regular filter and use your fan to pull rather then push. I know the fans make better pushers then pullers but it will work.I dont have space to put the filter where it needs to be outside the tent so I have my filter in the tent and the fan on the outside with ducting carrying air from the fan to the outside. Can't even smell the GG#4 buds drying. I dont expect my fans to last but getting the job done is #1.

over 200 a cord here for hard wood or junipter ceder . made a living cutting and selling mesquite at 125 a cord in the late 70's.

unc I think about you peddling up those hill every time I am hitting the girl friend doggy and say , damn I wish I was in better shape, lol.. just kidding, I never think of you during sex.

Status
Not open for further replies.