lights on
picture.php

Lights off group shot
picture.php

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If I remember to take off the fan leave's I do but not always. I harvest full plants hang dry for 4-5 days then trim. Brown bag ea plant to sweat be careful here they can dry very fast in the bag it just sucks up the moisture fast. Put in jar to see what the RH% is. if its 60% I vac seal if not burp until it is 60% then seal.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
View Image

What do you think about these style of seats?

ive always wanted one
never sat in one...once you get in shape you're sitting on muscle rather than your sack so its not uncomfortable any more...
Classic album is right !!!! have had that album in every collection i ever had , from album to CD . besides farewell to kings .... its probably one of their best !!!

I gotta grab a few bags of coco myself today or tomorrow , gotta get 8 GG's transplanted & ready to go into veg for a month .
just gave 4 good sized GG's to my kid to run in his tent .

Mornin SUKers :coffee:
been grabbing some classics lately,dark side of the moon...that sort of thing..

QUICK QUESTION ALERT:) Pretty quick here ill be chopping down the Romulan Diesels and I noticed that alot of you guys trim after its dry....

Was just curious about your trimming methodology....remove fan leaves, dry, then trim....cut the plant hang the whole thing, dry, then trim, etc?!?!?!
Why do you prefer this method?

always interested in hearing other opinions and im lookin at trying to trim dry this go around! thanks :tiphat:

i hang dry the whole plant in a tent with a filter running for 4-6 days until the leaves are crispy then trim it up and buck the buds off the branches put the buds in a brown paper bag for a couple days and burp and shake them up a few times then out the door baby!

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i need to make a list,i always forget what im looking for when im in the store...
speaking of stores...off to a couple more and some old fashioned pay the bills...

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Unc, thanks for pointing out the downfalls of a used bike. After I thought about it....I hate buying anything used for the most part and a bike should be no different.

After going to the bike shop and I am going for a new Trek DS (Dual Sport). At 48 years of age I will be looking for smooth easy riding trails for the most part along with riding on paved trails so the dual one makes sense.

New...and Trek has a program for 2014 for maintenance / repairs...covers 3 years for a one time $50 fee. Covers all including a new chain whenever it needs one.

I never by bottom line....and I never buy top of the line....so will probably go with the DS 8.3.

Howdy y'all

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was bummed the 2 SLS from BOG where males :(. These where the ones in coco. I have to let the other seeded plants finish before I start anymore. I have some great genetics ready to pop when I can.. The GG#4 Bud I cloned worked out well She has now grown into a nice bush took a cut off her last night. She still has 2 more I could take but letting her get bigger.

Since the BHOG is now gone getting them mixed up shouldn't happen again.The dam leaf crinkle is how I got the BHOG mixed in she also has the leaf crinkle trait but had much darker green leaves that only showed 4 weeks into flower. I got it all back into shape with a new labeling system as well. Ea plant has a hang tag on them no more writing on the pot.
I use white plastic spoons from the dollar store. 50 for a buk
lol .... i switched over to the white labels ya stick in the pots . marking the pots didn't work well for me either :)
my SFV & sour D are mixed up cuz of that . i won't know which is which till i flower them out .
My last run I had a biesel that turned out to be mag99 lol It was a clone Scooter Trash took and mislabeled. Thats my story anyway :D
Howdy fellaz :wave: I'm gonna re build my light set up for next flower run. I'm currently running 3x600 cool hoods in a row. Thinking of adding 1 more 600 and placing them 2x2 but not sure how that foot print is gonna work out in a 4x8. Maybe 2x600 then 1x1000 Gavita then 2x 600's. May have to roll this idea around a bit

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol Yeah I'm working my way up to that. Gonna do maybe 2 more runs in this tent then I'm buying a gorilla tent with extended top I could maybe do it now since I weave the canopy and keep it low. I'm just concerned about the heat. 2 more gg#4$ runs and I will have some extra booty to afford some upgrades. Gonna have to build my bro a new shed to keep his junk in. It's taking up valuable square footage in my grow space. I could toss up another tent if he would down size on the collectables :dunno:

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
PF, I was looking on c-list last night and ran across a gavita pro 1000 for 400 bux. It's in your area (my son lives in sac, was gonna have him pick it up for me) if you are interested. I can't get them to return my call's or text. Maybe because of the area code :dunno:

thewhitelotus

Veteran
Smokin Joe, was it a lot of like 4 of them? You talkin about the lake tahoe region? If so, they wont return my calls or emails either

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Unc, thanks for pointing out the downfalls of a used bike. After I thought about it....I hate buying anything used for the most part and a bike should be no different.

After going to the bike shop and I am going for a new Trek DS (Dual Sport). At 48 years of age I will be looking for smooth easy riding trails for the most part along with riding on paved trails so the dual one makes sense.

New...and Trek has a program for 2014 for maintenance / repairs...covers 3 years for a one time $50 fee. Covers all including a new chain whenever it needs one.

I never by bottom line....and I never buy top of the line....so will probably go with the DS 8.3.

Howdy y'all
trek makes good bikes and they are one of the largest distributors in the us so their stuff is everywhere.i might say go for something in the 6 series since its unlikely you will be breaking any components,top of the line stuff is great if you're going to get serious about it its worth the extra cost but for most people the mid range components will perform just fine.none of my bikes are top of the line and i still cant outride my bikes yet...
used bikes can be a tough call,you could look at mine and they are all going to be pretty clean,well maintained,operate correctly and all that but i have thousand of miles on the road bike,must be over 5000 miles i have ridden it,the ogres clocking close to 2000 already,and i have ridden the piss out of that bike so you just cant tell....you could see a bike with a gunked up chain that doesnt shift and is dirty with flat tires and it could be a hidden gem,or it could be a two wheel death trap....

I use white plastic spoons from the dollar store. 50 for a buk

My last run I had a biesel that turned out to be mag99 lol It was a clone Scooter Trash took and mislabeled. Thats my story anyway :D
Howdy fellaz :wave: I'm gonna re build my light set up for next flower run. I'm currently running 3x600 cool hoods in a row. Thinking of adding 1 more 600 and placing them 2x2 but not sure how that foot print is gonna work out in a 4x8. Maybe 2x600 then 1x1000 Gavita then 2x 600's. May have to roll this idea around a bit

in 4x8 i would just run them in a line and just the 4x600...
when i finish the new rooms the flower room is 12x12 but i will only use an 8x8 area with 2 rows of lamps 1000w hps,400w mh,1000w hps.
since i will only be running 4 plants each will get its own 4x4 screen and rolling tray to sit on...im thinking that i should be able to crank out 2 pounders on a regular basis...
im just sticking with air cooled hoods and standard hydrofarm ballast,it makes the summer cooling cost much much lower...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:hide::fright: ok,wish me luck...going to spray the black widow with dr doom...i frickin hate those things,spiders in general i dont like at all,and a pissed off black widow.....shudder.....if you dont here from me in a couple hours im standing on a coffee table screaming like a 60's housewife...

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its damn near impossible to get anymore than 3 hooded or cooltubed lights in a line in a 4 x 8 space .... believe me I know :biggrin:

but 2 on each end side by side with a thouey in the middle could work, but if your going that route .... why not just 6 600's in hoods 2 rows of 3 ..... each row on its own exhaust circuit
IF ya can handle the heat !!!! ya might need 2 exhaust circuits to get that heat outa there . but it could be done .
if i didn't have the slanted cielings , i could have easily put a second row of 600's in that room !!!

picture.php

3600 watts in a 4 x 8 space .... that even beats the hell out of 3 1000's in line !!! but is it bordering on too much light ???

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Smokin Joe, was it a lot of like 4 of them? You talkin about the lake tahoe region? If so, they wont return my calls or emails either
Nope, just the 1 I think
unc, not sure how I would fit 4x27" hoods in 8' space. I could stagger them I guess and set them up on separate fan/filters. 3 hoods works out pretty good but dosen't quite reach the ends and sides. 3x 1000 would work much better. Only problem is I have 3x 600's. Maybe I will just keep this in the planning stage for a few months. By then I may have a better space and can use the 600's for veg :dunno:

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:hide::fright: ok,wish me luck...going to spray the black widow with dr doom...i frickin hate those things,spiders in general i dont like at all,and a pissed off black widow.....shudder.....if you dont here from me in a couple hours im standing on a coffee table screaming like a little bitch...
:laughing: there I fixed it for ya. A shot gun is the weapon of choice for varmints of that caliber :yoinks:

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its damn near impossible to get anymore than 3 hooded or cooltubed lights in a line in a 4 x 8 space .... believe me I know :biggrin:

but 2 on each end side by side with a thouey in the middle could work, but if your going that route .... why not just 6 600's in hoods 2 rows of 3 ..... each row on its own exhaust circuit
IF ya can handle the heat !!!! ya might need 2 exhaust circuits to get that heat outa there . but it could be done .
if i didn't have the slanted cielings , i could have easily put a second row of 600's in that room !!!

View Image

3600 watts in a 4 x 8 space .... that even beats the hell out of 3 1000's in line !!! but is it bordering on too much light ???
Yeah kinda the same thing I was thinking. 600's in the corners and a gavita in the middle would work in the winter i'm sure but how do ya cool that piece of the sun in the summer? My tent only has 4 inlets for ducting. I'm gonna have to think on this 1 for a bit. Stoner/drunks need to take it easy on the brain activity lol

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nope, just the 1 I think
unc, not sure how I would fit 4x27" hoods in 8' space. I could stagger them I guess and set them up on separate fan/filters. 3 hoods works out pretty good but dosen't quite reach the ends and sides. 3x 1000 would work much better. Only problem is I have 3x 600's. Maybe I will just keep this in the planning stage for a few months. By then I may have a better space and can use the 600's for veg :dunno:

hydrofarm daystar hoods would fit...me,i would just swap out 2 ballast for 1000watters and run two hps and one metal halide bulb in the center...

:laughing: there I fixed it for ya. A shot gun is the weapon of choice for varmints of that caliber :yoinks:
im pretty sure shes dead now,gonna have to keep an eye on the plants since there were shitloads of babies...man i hate those things!! snakes no problems,i give rattlers a wide berth but they dont scare me...one little spider and i get the heeby jeebies bad!

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The purgro 1K4 ballast is going to be my next investment . it has 4 1000 watt ballasts & flip feature & timer all built into one ballast . i will grab another one to have in case the first one needs working on , but they are feild repairable , meaning each 1000 watt ballast is repairable by replacing the circuit board for that ballast .

i'll just have to upgrade my fans & filtersto 8" & put in 1000 watt bulbs instead of the 600's ..... & when i do get a bigger space , i can set up another room just like it on a flip .

http://www.purgro.com/ballast.html

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I pulled my vest off the hook 1 day when I was goin for a ride. Put it on and when I pulled it open to put things in the inside pocket a black widow was next to the pocket staring at me. Had to kill the damn thing with the vest still on then slide it off very carefully. Darlin was giving me a strange look and asked if there was a bomb or something lol I freaked the fuk out when I got it off lol I'm like you unc. It's the things ya don't see till it's to late that keep me on my toes lol

Status
Not open for further replies.