What's new

Unclefishstick's Guide to Home Bicycle Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappy masonjar

Veteran
Wow the Lions actually won on Thanksgiving. Hmm

Hope everyone had a great Turkey day so far!

Meanwhile here at PAppys, houston, we have a problem.
Sorry to do this to you guys..

Im trying to install this air scrubber, and i remember somebody said its a good idea to let it run for 15 mins before installing, so that it doesnt make a mess in your lights. So, i did that, and it just keeps going with the black powder. Even after running it for a while, i stopped and kinda dumped out the filter, and a bunch of black powder still came out.

Is this normal?? Should i just let it run for another 20 minutes before I install?
Maybe its defective or missing a part?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Also, what is the "pre filter"?
Is that the white fabric on the outside?

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
What kind of filter? I never had any carbon come out of my carbonire.

I'd be pretty pissed if that happened. Yeah the cloth is the pre filter.

pappy masonjar

Veteran
Its a "Can Lite" i believe. 6 x 24.

Yeah, I've never ever used a filter before so i dont know what to expect.
I remembered somebody on here suggesting running it first to get out the little dust. But this is ridiculous. When i tip it the slights bit, carbon powder pours out. And when i was running it to clean it, i could hear the dust going through the fan.

I guess i just wont install it, and take it back and see what they say.:dunno:

The guy assured me this one was just as good as the phresh, but for 50% less. I said "don't bullshit me, i dont mind buying the more expensive one if its better."
And he says," nah, they're the same"

dickhead.

Thanks guys:tiphat:

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
remember no one who knows what they are doing works in a grow store for 8 bux an hour....do your shopping here and then buy it where you want...only a badly packed filter does that...

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the can lites are garbage pappy , they're for veg areas where you don't really need a good filter . its like you gonna drink a Bud or a bud lite ????

get a can 33 or 50 or a fresh or Phat 6 x 24 .

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Surprised that's a can doing that. No experience but I've always assumed them to be quality. Not packed right at all. Any chance it's been used and repacked?

I never had any dust let alone actual carbon chunks come out of mine. Does it rattle when you shake it?

Return it.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the new filter i installed purrs like a kitten...at least a kitten with an 8 inch fan...even at 75% you can feel the draw on it...

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
I see the True OG took 2nd at the htcc for indica.

I won't have any ready for months. Damn, sometimes timing is everything with the market.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the only time it matters around here is october when the cali outdoor floods the market,the rest of the time no one cares as long as its dank,the glue is always popular no matter what the market conditions are like though,people cant get enough of it.

pappy masonjar

Veteran
:biglaugh:Dans
i HATE lite beer. Good point.

What a joke. Can lite.
I was wondering if it was a "Lite" version, and thought, "Nah, they guy at the grow store wouldnt be that dumb, to tell me a "lite" version is as good as a regular version from a superior brand. I thought it was just some kinda european thing:biggrin:
And whats REALLY f'ed up about it, I specifically told the guy that i wanted/needed the strongest odor scrubber possible. They only had 2 kinds, can lite and phresh, and like i said, he said the were the exact same.

Surprised that's a can doing that. No experience but I've always assumed them to be quality. Not packed right at all. Any chance it's been used and repacked?

I never had any dust let alone actual carbon chunks come out of mine. Does it rattle when you shake it?

Return it.

Im pretty sure it was new, it was shrink wrapped inside the package. It doesnt really rattle, but its definitely beat.
I ran it for 20 more minutes, and shook it some more, stuff is still pouring out.
Ill definitely be taking it back, and im sure theyll refund or exchange it, but i dont want that. I want them to give me the Phresh one that they told me was not any better, just cost more.

And filled up a ziplock bag with about 3 oz of carbon. So if they give me any problems, ill blow it right in their eyes, and take whatever i want. :biggrin:

UNC, i finally think i learned my lesson. I wont even ask the hydro guys opinion anymore.

pappy masonjar

Veteran
a couple pics

a couple pics

Room 2 (400 watt)
2 GDP x PT's, GG4, GDP x FAM, and Sin Citykush
picture.php

Room 1 (1000 watt)
Chocolope gettin sideways
picture.php

I somehow messed up my calendar and started flushing a couple plants WAAAYY too early. This plant has been getting plain water for over 3 weeks. Prolly could have been a little bigger.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the first 8 inch filter i got was just crushed inside the box,all that stuff comes from two companies and they almost never quibble about returns like that...the filter you got may have been abused during shipping at some point...

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Looking nice pappy.

The market here is a bit different from the desert for sure. You see, pretty much every town has closed down the dips so everyone in the state is bringing their flowers to my town where the dips are still open.

A little something like #2 at the high times cup is enough to move some bud. It really seems to come down to variety though. I don't care if it's the glue and it's the best ever, the shops can only sell so much and then they're sitting on product and wanting some strange...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its a "Can Lite" i believe. 6 x 24.

Yeah, I've never ever used a filter before so i dont know what to expect.
I remembered somebody on here suggesting running it first to get out the little dust. But this is ridiculous. When i tip it the slights bit, carbon powder pours out. And when i was running it to clean it, i could hear the dust going through the fan.

I guess i just wont install it, and take it back and see what they say.:dunno:

The guy assured me this one was just as good as the phresh, but for 50% less. I said "don't bullshit me, i dont mind buying the more expensive one if its better."
And he says," nah, they're the same"

dickhead.

Thanks guys:tiphat:

Something is defiantly not right with that scrubber. Can are great scrubbers. That's what I have always used. I have never tried the lite version but if can makes it I would buy it. Take it back and get a replacement if you can. The carbon should not be coming out like that.

This is a fast moving thread .

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
different market for sure...it helps me to generally have better quality and variety than whats locally available,not to mention better prices.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
different market for sure...it helps me to generally have better quality and variety than whats locally available,not to mention better prices.

So markets different, the rest remains the same as always...

I'm going to start doing double ups on my lights. Find two strains that are similar enough to run together so that I don't sit on meds. Run two of each under each light instead of four per light.

Status
Not open for further replies.