What's new

Unclefishstick's Guide to Home Bicycle Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewhitelotus

Veteran
not alot going on at WL farms tonight.....a couple cold beers n some football n hockey! dabbling in a lil online poker as we speak! trying to avoid "Dan"-ing myself this evening

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
wow they're pricey !! i'd need at least 3 of them . i'll stick to my pens i guess . i only check the PH on whats left in the rez before i fill it anyways , so i really don't need'em . but i do like new toys & xmas is coming up :biggrin:

I would love some of those as well but I'd be needing 4 of them. What, about $1200?

Actually I could get by with two and just switch each one between two rez once a day. Nothing changes that drastically in a day so that could work.

Almost knocked my Blue Lab combo in a rez the other night. Had it balancing on the edge of the barrel and hit it with something and caught it at the last minute.

Grizz

Veteran
did ya ever have one of them days where .... you wish it would be over ??? where everything just turns ta shit !!! i turn the corner into the dining room & smash my toe on the table leg & then i go upstairs & trip on the 3rd step & smash my knee into the next stair ..... its been like this all day ! even the dog is hiding from me !!

I'm afraid to go in the grow rooms .... scared i'll drop mame or kill something !!!

View Image

View Image
might be wrong but maybe you need to quit smoking glue for breakfast,:biggrin::biggrin:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Get a bigger rez lol... Most have just 1 rez thats mixed and ready to feed the girls. I will be upgrading to a 55g drum as soon as I find one cheap that I can use. thats enough water for me for at least a week. Thats OK they will take it back 5 years warranty

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
might be wrong but maybe you need to quit smoking glue for breakfast,
thats the problem .... i was straight all day till after dinner then .....
picture.php

feelin much better now :smoker:

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Get a bigger rez lol... Most have just 1 rez thats mixed and ready to feed the girls. I will be upgrading to a 55g drum as soon as I find one cheap that I can use. thats enough water for me for at least a week. Thats OK they will take it back 5 years warranty

I can't use just one. I got four sets of plants at different ages needing different food.

One set is getting PK this week at 1.5 EC, another is flushing at 0.2 EC my sour pineapple are getting fed at 1.2 ect...

So on the advise of Purpur I'm getting started in home coffee bean roasting.

Got my roaster today and promptly started operation void warranty.

Went with the 1200 watt model over the cheaper 1040's that seem to be common.

picture.php

picture.php

The goal here was to remove the thermostat so it will run wide open. Here I have removed it and reattached the wires with the orange wire nut.

picture.php

A few minutes putting it all back together and we were roasting some Rwandan beans.

picture.php

picture.php

God, they smell so good I can't keep my nose out of the jar. Can't wait for morning to grind some up and have a taste.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
best cup of coffee i ever had came from fresh roasted wild kona beans,done in a cast iron skillet...

just waiting for lights on,dont think i really need to water,but always good to check on the children...no plants showed sex in veg today,they are starting to get big,and needing daily watering,getting close to rootbound...hoping for 4-5 females,6 max,gonna put a crimp in the camping for a bit once they go into flower...maybe i will try some credit card camping...theres a town about 65 miles from here with a motel6 or something of the like...be a pretty long day,especially with a turnaround the next day....better put that off for a bit...i think i will put the fat tires back on the surly and go do another 2 night camp out at the same park,or maybe its time for some back country...theres some good spots about 35 miles out...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
All my girls get the same food. Veg plants get 500 ppm all the way until plants are moved into flower after that they get 750 ppm. With both getting teas as many times as I can remember to give.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i give my plants...what i give them,i have no numbers attached to it aside from teaspoons,i havent the faintest idea what ppm's or pH it is,hasnt mattered yet so i imagine it will continue to not matter...

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
I really enjoy a good coffee, may have to look into a roaster........and......by the way
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR) stock up 14% today so not the only one loving coffee

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It no big deal mixing up and adjusting a batch. Many of us do it. we wont have healthy plants if we didn't

anonymousgrow

I love Coffee. For me, the most important aspects of a good cup of coffee are the freshness of the bean/ roast, even consistent grind at appropriate coarseness for whatever extraction method used.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I roast only 2/3 cup of beans at a time, and it will be more uniform in color. Usually 8-10 minutes depending on the bean size and what Im trying to accomplish with that bean. Thats gong to make some great coffee.Wait till Your Wife trys that Coffee!

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
The two roasts I did I used 1/2 a cup for each. I Went about 5:30 on the first and 6:30 on the second. Pretty much just a city roast.

This is what Sweet Maria's recommends so as to familiarize yourself with different coffee origins/regions and how the beans taste.

Eventually I'll play around with roast levels but I'm a light roast kind of guy anyway.

So I figured I'd finish one more project that's been on the list. A new type of cloner. Bought these parts months ago and just never put them together so I did tonight.

Started with a standard 1020 tray and an airstone long enough to cover the bottom. Glued the airstone in place so it won't float around and will stay beneath the water level.

picture.php

Put a couple pieces of 3/4" pvc in the tray to hold up the 1020 with holes that will hold my Rapid Rooters.

picture.php

Put the 1020 with holes on the pvc and done. Fill with water, connect airstone to an air pump and see what happens. The goal is to have an oxygen rich moist environment for the RR's to hang out in.

picture.php

Thanks joesy!

pappy masonjar

Veteran
That cloner setup looks like it should work very nicely Third.

Its funny, your coffee roaster is about the same wattage as both my flowering rooms combined:wallbash:
I guess its not that crazy, a damn space heater is 1500 watts. A hair dryer is 1200.

so i got plenty of free booty from the shop...

I hope there was a female working there:biggrin::pirate:

Status
Not open for further replies.