What's new

Unclefishstick's Guide to Home Bicycle Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol ... pretty close . my beards not as long & alot greyer !!! & my hairs a little longer & thining in the front . :biggrin:
& I don't do hoodies !!!

If the hair was a little darker ... it could pass as my middle son .

Lmao !!! i came in the house the other day with a new canna benie from the hydro shop on & my sunglasses ..... my dog musta not recognized me right away & she stood next to the couch growling at me till i took the hat & glasses off :laughing: even the ol'lady gotta kick outa that !!! laughing she says ya look like a gangsta !!! ha ha ha

thewhitelotus

Veteran
Well im done for the evening! Pulled pork in the crockpot is almost done, cold 18 pack in the fridge, and people are showing up for football n hockey in about an hour! House smells incredible....glad i dont have a carbon scrubber in the kitchen :biggrin:

Have a great evening everyone!

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Hey, I've ordered a few things from Dan the grow man before.

Got a new 200 gpd ro filter today. Couldn't bring myself to get the 1000. Next year I'll be using rain water so this will get me by till then.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think this is the Gen Im going to get. This one is a 4kw with auto/Manual start. it has 1 12v DC, 2 120v 20a and 1 120/240v 30a outlets..

711SIfIJyJL._SL1000_.jpg

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You filtering the water that fills the tanks or the barrels ??? either way a 1000 would be over kill . a 200 will fill your 4 barrels in a day . & even if your filtering the water into the tanks .... its not like you need them filled in a few minutes !! ya just gotta figure out a way to put shutoff valves on the big tanks so ya don't have to wait & watch them fill . so ya gotta replace the filters a couple times a year depending on how bad your tap is ....

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I need to invest in a genny myself !!!! they're a must have around here . especially if I move out into the country . :)

OC ....take that 240volt 30 amp plug & make a cord to back feed your panel with it . when power goes out you turn the main breaker off plug the cord into the genny & fire it up . just gotta be careful what ya use in the house ... but 30 amps will run alot !!!

Last edited:

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Doing the water to the tanks. It took me 3 days to do one tank as I've completely clogged all the filters on my 100.

Got 2 of them filled now, gonna mount the 200 and fill the 3rd.

The old 100 will get brought in the house for the winter to make our dogs water. After a new set of filters of course.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I think this is the Gen Im going to get. This one is a 4kw with auto/Manual start. it has 1 12v DC, 2 120v 20a and 1 120/240v 30a outlets..

View Image

Id wait and get a Honda inverter generater instead. They cost more, but are clean reliable power with consistant 5 star reviews. The one you pictured is cheap, and has mixed reviews, with several very bad ones. Cheap is cheap.

One other thing is decibels. That one looks loud. The Honda 3000 is super whisper quiet. It will never fail you.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Id wait and get a Honda inverter generator instead. They cost more, but are clean reliable power with consistent 5 star reviews. The one you pictured is cheap, and has mixed reviews, with several very bad ones. Cheap is cheap.

One other thing is decibels. That one looks loud. The Honda 3000 is super whisper quiet. It will never fail you.

Thats not cheap to me. Everyone has an opinion you won't find one item that does not have some negative reviews. if I went by those reviews I would never have anything there all bad lol...Whatever I get will be 500$ or less with 4000w 7hp motor with electric and manual start and 30a capacity. Im not going to pay an extra 500$ for the Honda name. If I was going to spend that kind of money I would be looking at Husqvarna. They use Honda Motors in there genny's not cheap 1500$.This one looks good too. I dont think Amazon sales Honda cant find any. Free ship some have no tax.

http://www.amazon.com/DuroStar-DS44...913&sr=1-11&keywords=honda+Portable+Generator

This onr has no bad reviews but only a few people have bought it

714lhB8VWDL._SL1000_.jpg

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sorry ... I have to agree with Doc . Honda has the market cornered when it comes to reliable equipment !! you pay more but its worth it !!!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sorry I dont have $1500., you guys going to buy it for me ;) Theres plenty of generators that are not made by Honda that are good. I have used them many times.

I have 500$. I will find the best unit I can in that price range .

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I love this giant battery and Inverter set up I have in the garage. Its on a cherry red heavy duty service cart now and looks sweet. It works great too. I was running a 1100 watt hotplate electric burner today for awhile. It got red hot and didnt even phase the battery.

Next I need a couple 250 watt solar panels and a small wind turbine to charge my battery in a power failure

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
sorry I dont have $1500., you guys going to buy it for me ;) Theres plenty of generators that are not made by Honda that are good. I have used them many times.

I have 500$. I will find the best unit I can in that price range .

You could always grow a couple of them thawt thar gorilla money tree plants and pick some green backs off it. I think My Honda was about 23 hundred smackaroonies :biggrin:

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol. there are other brands that are just as good like Briggs and stratton, Honeywell, Generac and Yamaha This place has many of the good ones. It hard to find free ship and no tax.

This one is good but still to expensive

http://www.electricgeneratorsdirect.com/Generac-5939-Portable-Generator/p5278.html

Im going to See If I can mount the new 10" active air. I think Im going to need the mounting ring. its more quite then the 8" active air. Time to puff for a bit

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
My battery back up system uses an inverter that does not produce a pure sine wave. I can use it for alot of things but not sensitive electronics.

The Honda Inverter Generator produces the cleanest power good for digital equipment and PCs etc.

The one pictured looks good but may not be real clean power(Like my battery system). It has brushes. It uses an alternater.

It seems like every review on my Honda model was 5 stars. I read scores of reviews.

I understand the financial part of this. I see it the same way. Its expensive as hell for the power you get. But you also get something else. Clean power, and reliability

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
This is the one I got.

EM6500-SD_8442_500.jpg

Got it during the 3 day eastern U.S. blackout years ago. Everyone was sold out of gennys and we found this one and got it. 2500 and I will say I would love to sell it and get 2 cheaper units. This unit goes for 2900 today.

If we lose power my wife is going to be soooo pissed when I hook up the barn and tell her to get a motel room lol.

Seriously though, a standby instant on genny is on the short list probably a 17-20 Kilowatt unit.

I could probably get close to 2000 for the Honda(has like 24 hours on it)and put that towards the instant on which are around 5 plus install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts