What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Uncanny Cannabinoid Grow: Quantum Boards vs COB -240watt

alpo

I had to cut off five or six tops due to light bleaching. There's still one or two in the corners left. Really looking forward to finishing this so I can start my next grow. (this grow was a bust from the start)

ihRgyeB.jpg

I tested the led light and could only get about 380 watts with this Meanwell driver that is rated at 480w. I might try a different brand.

sgzSqsJ.jpg

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
I had to cut off five or six tops due to light bleaching. There's still one or two in the corners left. Really looking forward to finishing this so I can start my next grow. (this grow was a bust from the start)

I tested the led light and could only get about 380 watts with this Meanwell driver that is rated at 480w. I might try a different brand.

We produce the similar style LED grow light. check out here: https://bit.ly/30DesD0

Rageous

I am running my diy cobs with a 100 watt quantum board. I had amazing results. Pushing about 280 watts in a 2.5x5.5 closet. I bet the cmh and cobs will probably perform better if I had to guess unless heat became an issue but I didn't even have to run an ac as I have central air and my closet never exceeded 80 degrees. I'm gonna be following this one. My diy cob builds are pretty ugly but they are safe and haven't let me down at all. Really just depends on what your tree canopy looks like. Don't let build snobs bring ya down. Keep growing bro.

alpo

CzE4f6H.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	CzE4f6H.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.4 KB ID:	17895738

Is this too soon to harvest based on Pistils? Thanks

Edit: I read online 70-90% brown pistils, not sure if yall agree or not. I look at photos on Instagram and they look like 100%. This picture is the bud with the lowest percentage. I probably give one more day of lights on unless someone objects. Thanks

Last edited:

chilliwilli

Waterboy

Is this too soon to harvest based on Pistils? Thanks

Edit: I read online 70-90% brown pistils, not sure if yall agree or not. I look at photos on Instagram and they look like 100%. This picture is the bud with the lowest percentage. I probably give one more day of lights on unless someone objects. Thanks

i like to watch how the buds/calyxes develops. Do they still get bigger/swollen? How do the calyces look at the nodes, all pumped up the same?
I got this more when i started growing but with some strains u can watch the axil calyxes swell from the bottom to top when they got ripe.
If u are new to the genetics and not sure cut a branch and test it. The few days it took to dry will let your buds ripe a little more but won't let them go overripe.

Best way imo to tell if u can cut is to look at the trichomes. All cloudy and u have reached the max. potency imo. I got my wifi microscope for ~35 bucks.

Edit: iirc cbd plants got their max cbd early.

alpo

i like to watch how the buds/calyxes develops. Do they still get bigger/swollen? How do the calyces look at the nodes, all pumped up the same?
I got this more when i started growing but with some strains u can watch the axil calyxes swell from the bottom to top when they got ripe.
If u are new to the genetics and not sure cut a branch and test it. The few days it took to dry will let your buds ripe a little more but won't let them go overripe.

Best way imo to tell if u can cut is to look at the trichomes. All cloudy and u have reached the max. potency imo. I got my wifi microscope for ~35 bucks.

Edit: iirc cbd plants got their max cbd early.

I read on a website that swollen calyxes are a sign of quality decrease.

chilliwilli

Waterboy
Sorry didn't recognise thats a cbd grow in the first place. Have no experience with cbd plants only little with 1:1 or 2:1 strains.

With thc and thc+cbd strains i like the flowers all blown up and swollen. Maybe thats not maximum thc but more pronounced effects for me.

Can u take a sample since its a licensed grow? Thats the easy way to determin if the plants are who u like them.

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Hey Alpo,

They're good to go. If the leaves were healthy, green with some Autumn colors, you could give them another week or so to swell and let the resin glands ripen. These plants are fading fast, and quality will be decreasing each day.

alpo

Final thoughts to close out this thread: 4 week veg was too long with this variety's stretch and small tent I had to chop all the tops off and could only utilize 80% power of light. DWC I couldn't feed full strength of nutrients companies recommended dose (probably less than half). And with DWC I couldn't feed nutrients every top off except for res changes and then more than 75% of the time top off with plain water. It does need cal mag with the plain ro water which I had deficiency early on from not adding cal mag between res changes. I think if I could use more nutrients the flowers would have come out better. I will try another grow method next time instead of DWC.

6TOFcOL.jpg