What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Unable to access certain sites.

element420

I would just ask someone to check the site...I mean the other sites arent really a secret...you also could be banned...or possibly even have a browser hijack thing going on...definately ping the site or get the sites ip and ping it..

E

explozivosuge

I would just ask someone to check the site...I mean the other sites arent really a secret...you also could be banned...or possibly even have a browser hijack thing going on...definately ping the site or get the sites ip and ping it..

The site is in his place. Try another DNS, google or http://www.opendns.com/start/ . Free choice is enough for every home user.

M

mugenbao

If you are not already doing so, you might also try installing and using Tor. Using Tor provides a good solution for online anonymity, and a nice side effect of using anonymous proxies is that your route to the intended website goes through other endpoints (often in other countries) that can get around ISP blocks, localized network outages and other such nuisances. This works even when Google DNS and OpenDNS don't, and is a good complement to using a custom DNS server.