What's new

UN wants new global currency to replace dollar

Well It's now coming out more and more, One world Currency under the IMF which is completely out of control... Here's the news article:

UN wants new global currency to replace dollar
The dollar should be replaced with a global currency, the United Nations has said, proposing the biggest overhaul of the world's monetary system since the Second World War.

By Edmund Conway, Economics Editor
Published: 6:45PM BST 07 Sep 2009

A number of countries, including China and Russia, have suggested replacing the dollar as the world's reserve currency

In a radical report, the UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) has said the system of currencies and capital rules which binds the world economy is not working properly, and was largely responsible for the financial and economic crises.

It added that the present system, under which the dollar acts as the world's reserve currency , should be subject to a wholesale reconsideration.

Although a number of countries, including China and Russia, have suggested replacing the dollar as the world's reserve currency, the UNCTAD report is the first time a major multinational institution has posited such a suggestion.

In essence, the report calls for a new Bretton Woods-style system of managed international exchange rates, meaning central banks would be forced to intervene and either support or push down their currencies depending on how the rest of the world economy is behaving.

The proposals would also imply that surplus nations such as China and Germany should stimulate their economies further in order to cut their own imbalances, rather than, as in the present system, deficit nations such as the UK and US having to take the main burden of readjustment.

"Replacing the dollar with an artificial currency would solve some of the problems related to the potential of countries running large deficits and would help stability," said Detlef Kotte, one of the report's authors. "But you will also need a system of managed exchange rates. Countries should keep real exchange rates [adjusted for inflation] stable. Central banks would have to intervene and if not they would have to be told to do so by a multilateral institution such as the International Monetary Fund."

The proposals, included in UNCTAD's annual Trade and Development Report , amount to the most radical suggestions for redesigning the global monetary system.

Although many economists have pointed out that the economic crisis owed more to the malfunctioning of the post-Bretton Woods system, until now no major institution, including the G20 , has come up with an alternative.

---- It worked in 1913 and now it's coming again. It took the IMF and private stockholders of the FRA less than 100 years to steal, bankrupt and destroy the american culture, society, and economy.

Get ready for one fucking hell of a ride.

H

h^2 O

makes sense, seeing the dollar is worthless and our economy is based on credit not gold like the rest of the world. We're a liability to the world not a beacon of hope. Well maybe both idk

FrankRizzo

Listen to me jerky
I would like to formally nominate this as the worlds new currency.
picture.php

707Corridor

makes sense, seeing the dollar is worthless and our economy is based on credit not gold like the rest of the world. We're a liability to the world not a beacon of hope. Well maybe both idk

I could be wrong but the rest of the world's money is compared/valued against the strength of the Dollar.

Actually, none of the worlds money is based on the Gold system anymore if I'm not mistaken. Thats why in the past 6-8months there have been a handful of countries calling on the rest of the world to stop using the Dollar as the worlds major currency. The U'S dollar is also the currency used in the Oil industry.

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
It would remove the currentcy speculation market :) Which would be a good thing.

lol what happen to being called crazy for saying they are going to bring out a global currency.. OH ITS A GOOD THING NOW....sheeple.

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate
To what are you referring, IGro4Me?
But yea, this is going down, I'd say. And when our currency loses its reserve status, hello inflation, because the Chinese and others that own a lot of our debt in the form of treasury bonds, etc. are going to sell them back. All dollars are going to flood back into the states, and our prices are going to finally show that we have been doing things a bit wrong. I worry for that day.
Anyone listen to Peter Schiff? I almost idolize the guy, myself.

pip313

In my opinion the only reason china wants to get rid of the dollar is because they hold so many that if they "cash out" now its better for them than if the dollar dives even more.

Serious question who has more us dollars the us or china? It has to be close considering the length of time and severity of the trade deficit along with china's deliberate devaluation against the dollar causing us to ship our money by the boatload for consumer goods that are cheaply made.

They get our money we get thier cheap worthless crap. Fuck nixon and his "opening up china" idea
Fuck obama for letting this continue.

C

cork144

and here starts the new world order.

watch rights get taken straight out from infront of your eyes.

"Central banks would have to intervene and if not they would have to be told to do so by a multilateral institution such as the International Monetary Fund."

......yea because out side central banks should be in charge of our currency.. its not like under the constitution the people have the power to produce debt free currency through congress. lol this is just too much.

Thank you to those who know the severity of this news.

If anyone is interested in seeing what could happen, Please go to google video and watch " Argentina's Economic Collapse" All 12 parts.

It shows you how easily your countries assets and infrastructure can be destroyed without any form of war or noticeable attack.

basscadet

Wasn't it Saddam who wanted to sell oil in euros instead of US$? And look at what happened to him.

New World Order is on it's way, just another level of government to pay taxes to. A global currency is just the begining.

Bad news IMO

I would like to formally nominate this as the worlds new currency.
monopolymoney[IMG][/QUOTE]

Did you know new editions of Monopoly do not come with cash, they come with a debit/credit based system.

Research has shown that people who used plastic debit cards/credit cards spend more money then those who keep money in their wallet.

So, did they do that on purpose.. or is it just coincidental? :joint:

ItsAllOver

Devil's Advocate
No fuckin way! Monop really does have a CC edition. I thought you were full of shit. That's terrifying

Bacchus

Throbbing Member
Veteran
China would never devalue the dollar. Their currentcy is directly tied to the US dollar.

Rights taken away? Someone explain why/how that would happen with a one world currency?

Use Europe as an example and the introduction of the Euro as to what will happen. Not the end as the tin-foil mob likes to preach.

BongRipkenJR.

Global currency is retarded. It is one step closer to a global democracy. One world one nation. It might not be so bad, but uniformity is boring and thats why we go on vacations. To see and try something new. I like using other countries money when I am there. Its festive. HAHAHA! I like weed as the global currency. Or FrankRizzos monopoly money idea. Hell yeah!

Latest posts

Latest posts