What's new

Ultra Current's 2000 Watt Lem Chem in RDWC!

Weird Jimmy

Licensed Patient/Caregiver & All-Around Cool Ass B
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice system man.. can't wait to watch those things explode when they get into those buckets

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi bro

sounds like things are going well

keep us updated

peace

U

Ultra Current

Well theres been a change of plans. The Lem Chems will eventually go into RDWC but most likely not for this log. It would take too long to complete but i can come back and post pics and data. The new plan is to put these plants into 5 Gallons of Foxfarm Ocean forest and add 17 other plants that have to also be sexed. I cant tell you what the other strains are cause it has nothing to do with this log so please dont ask. They will go under 2,000 watts HPS and maybe ill end up with 15 females out of 27 plants. The Lem Chem males will be saved until i can smoke the females and see if i should keep the males for the future. I will take the main top and clone them and that will become the mom. Once i finish the product, ill know which females to discard. As we speak i am taking pictures and will load them into this post with some details tomorrow. Although this log just shrunk, ill make it up with the White Jones log.

U

Ultra Current

I just took pictures of all the plants and will edit them in this post tomorrow with some details for now here's some heights:

#1: 10"
#2: 9"
#3: 14.5"
#4: 11.25"
#5: 12" - Female
#6: 13.75"
#7: 11"
#8a: 9.75"
#9: 10.75"
#10: 11.75"

I forgot pic 8a. I'll edit that in and reorganize this post so pictures and details are easy to understand. Maybe this weekend.

I see you have sent your curse but my wand is ready...

U

Ultra Current

I've edited the pictures into the last post. I forgot one of the plants in the pictures that I'll have to edit in. I also have to clean up the posts also but hopefully I'll get it done by the weekend.

I bet 10bucks #3 is a male :) good job man that's some nice vigor
You may be right although I've seen the tallest plants turn out female also in the past.

U

Ultra Current

Ive found signs of femalea on 4 plants. Those plants are:

Lem Chem #3
Lem Chem #4
Lem Chem #5
Lem Chem #9

I havent seen any males yet and it looks so far that there may be more femmales on the way from observing what I see.

The females have been transplanted with FoxFarm Ocean Forest soil into 1 - 1.5 Gallon square containers. All they have got from this point is straight tap water except the Fiji water in the beginning. They will continue to only get tap water for at least the next 2 weeks if not 3. My tap water is 6.7 pH and 40 PPM (500 scale conversion). This whole crop you will see that I will barely give nutrients if I even give them anything. Im starting to believe that although this soil says its organic, maybe it is a false claim cause the name "organic" can be used commercially very loosly. If it was organic, why wouldnt they pay the $2000 for it to be OMRI listed. Maybe I have no idea what im talking about and its just really good. I would have to get it tested sometime and I probably will just so I know. So to get back to the topic, you dont see me dumping nutrients into the soil like all those products reccomend. No hormones, no SUPERthrive. No chemicals, no pestisides. No foiler sprays, no suppliments. Just tap. At one point I was lead by the blind. My eyes have been opened. The majority are trying to kill you slowly for profits and no one knows and those who do dont care.

Yesca73

The majority are trying to kill you slowly for profits and no one knows and those who do dont care.[/quote]
??????

U

Ultra Current

The majority are trying to kill you slowly for profits and no one knows and those who do dont care.
??????[/QUOTE]

Exactly! No one knows. And most who do, dont care. I choose life. :)

U

Ultra Current

Ive found some males now but i will catalog them in a few days when I know what all of them are.

I believe I can see 2 phenotypes. There are more of one than the other pheno but I think that I have males and females of both. I am still not familiar with Lemon Larry OG but I wish that I was. I suspect that the majority of the plants show more on the Lemon Larry OG side and a few show a different trait which should be more Chem dominant. What I suspect is more Lemon Larry OG is marked in Red Marker and the rest are marked in Blue Marker which may be more Chem dominant. Those observations were only made on leaf traits as well as structure observations. I will have to wait until the plants get a little bigger to observe more variables to see if I am correct. The obervations that I made in the first 2 weeks of seedling stage turned out to be wrong.

U

Ultra Current

After furthur observation, the only 2 plants that show a different leaf trait are:

Lem Chem #5
Lem Chem #6

I still suspect that these are the Chem phenos but I wont know until I flower the only female out. I believe that they used a chem bx 1 or 2 in this cross for the male and I would assume that my ChemDDs that I tested would show similar traits. Especially the more branches coming out trait that ive seen with all my past chems.

If this is true, then that leaves me with 8 other plants that share a different leaf trait which I believe to be Lemon Larry OG. If this is true then the Larry is more dominant in this specific cross and this would be good for me cause I can select through a few plants to find my Larry MOM for the future. This is how I like to obtain clone onlys instead of the clone itself. Clones getting past down through the years someone had to slack here and there and potentially fuck it up. I also assume that clone onlys that most can find may lack some vigor. It is also possible that growng a clone only hybrid from seed, you can potentially find a speciman that is even better than the clone only. When that happens, you are very lucky. Maybe Ill be lucky.

Mouse

QUOTED FROM ULTRA CURRENT: That's funny because I'm so bad at words. I think of myself as pretty simple when it comes to stuff like this. I hate going into threads where I can't even understand what's going on.[/QUOTE]

I second this, I hate not being able to follow along with what's being said and I am so dang curios, this doesn't make matters easier. I think your thread reads nicely, thank you.
Your plants look great and I wish you continued success.

Mouse

(BTW, you're a good person for taking care of those you love and making them your priority. I've cared for family and friends at a young age, still do and it is very rewarding)

Last edited:
U

Ultra Current

The Lem Chems are doing well. The Females will be topped any day now. Before I top them Ill take pictures and then Ill take pictures of them topped. They will be going under a 600 Watt HPS to continue the Veg cycle. They should be flowerig under 1000 watt HPSs within 2 weeks. Im waiting on a 2000 watt room to open up but once it does Ill be adding other plants with the Lem Chems to fill the space. Im not sure what ill be adding because I have many options in the Veg room. Im hoping to add 2 phenos of the Flava Flave, some Thick Stemmed Sour Diesels, maybe a Strawberry Cough Monsta, and Ill have to see what else will fit after that. Im not sure what males Ill be keeping yet but Ill make those selections by the end of the week.

U

Ultra Current

RIP Lem Chem #s: 1, 2 and 6.

Those were the males that Ive been able to eliminate. I still have 3 males that Ill be keeping. Those Males are #s: 7, 8a and 10.

Ive taken pictures of the 4 females today. They will be getting topped tomorrow and Ill take thise pics and measurments and post them up tomorrow. Here are some female heights for now:

Lem Chem #3: 24.5"

Lem Chem #4: 20"

Lem Chem #5: 19"

Lem Chem #9: 16"

woolybear

Veteran
Nice structure on the first one #3, looks like a ladder or piece of that kind of art that hangs from the roof and rotates in the wind. Whats that called? Nice

U

Ultra Current

Time for an update. Ive been really busy wirh various plant projects so I didnt top the plants until this morning. I took 5 clones from each male and females. Im taking a stupid risk this time with a clone medium that ive never used before. Hopefully I dont shoot myself in the foot. Im using rapid rooters instead of rookwool just to make things difficult. I dont know why I do this to myself but now I must figure this out. Im assuming that they will dry out faster than rockwool and may need more attention. I believe that there may be more air for the cuts in rapid rooters so maybe I can get some faster roots this way but ill just be happy with roots period. I soaked the 50 rapid rooters in a solution of:

4 Gallons Tap Water (pH:6.7)
12 mL GH Micro
18 mL GH Bloom

Notice that you dont see any hormones. Hormones and chemicals are for suckers and the cattle still stuck in the matrix. I found my way out of the matrix but didnt realalize the cord was still connected so I cut it off.

I see things about the rapid rooters that I like and things that I dont. When I encounter things like this, it makes me want to make a better product and gets me to focus on things that I shouldnt. I dont like the supplied hole. Its too big. I dont like that I cant balance them because of the shape. I like everything else so far though. I like rockwool and have over a 99% success rate and that is fact. So to switch methods with cuts that I need to secure a strain is really dumb so dont try this at home guys and girls. Stick to what works for you. Switching things up and living on the edge keeps life more interesting for me personally so it helps keep me happy. Sometimes I fail drastically but sometimes I learn loads of information and makes me a better grower. I am currently managing ebb & flow, RDWC, DWC, Aeroponics, soil and soiless all at the same time. Its a lot of extra work trust me but I wouldnt have it any other way.

The plants will be in flowering in one week. I wish I could flower them now but theres no room anywhere.

Nice structure on the first one #3, looks like a ladder or piece of that kind of art that hangs from the roof and rotates in the wind. Whats that called? Nice

Im not sure but thanks for the motivation for the update.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking great bro

love your detailed log

root riots are prety good
just keep them wet with regular spray and they will be fine
i mist mine every day or even more times if under hps

keep up the good work bro

peace