What's new

ulkokasvatus 2010

offthehook

Veteran
3 succecive days of heavy night frost lately sure left its marks.

To me it 's fun though, and kind of like it was ment to be cuzz now we're gonna see who are the true survivors to breed with for next year :D

I love purifying strains, you just can't seem to do it wrong LOL.

Piel

Veteran
I have some Northern Light seeds that I haven´t tested but that is more of an indoors strain isn´t it? I have some plants still outside, two are in bloom and two just won´t have the time to finish but that´s life. :ying:
Lets just hope for an Indian summer.

offthehook

Veteran
Well, aparently our Auto flowering plants were the way to go for this year.
They all just made it in time and without too much damage of mould.

Last year, first seasons night frost stroke somewhere end september, so for 2009 the early flowerers were the ones that prooved to be our ultimate survivors since they d' got plenty of time to bud out well.

Now this year, night frost already has hit us this bad at august 17th,18th and 19th and ever since the allover temps have dropped sicnificantly like as fall had arrived already.

Telling me, in Fl better don't put your aces on one strain only.
Sometimes it's better for auto's (like now with early onset of frost) and sometimes it's better for early flowerers ( like when too much rain would fuck up the auto's)

Well, on my spot it was a funny sight. All early flowerers were heavily affected by frost, exept for one who's still acting like nothing has n't happened and still beeing totally green.(not too many seeds on her though, bummer, Grr, she started to flower when the auto males to pollinate her were almost dead.)
I'm not in a position to upload pics myself unfortunatly, but hell d 'I be curious to see how you guys are doing now.

Has it hit all of the country this hard? Picas pls :)

@Meepo, did you got her done in time?

-BG-

It's going nicely...got couple of night time frost here too but plants just keep flowering..excellent..! No damage done so far, no mold or anything...
But daytime temps are going down fast and seems like season is coming to an sudden end soon...I hope weather changes more warmer for a couple of weeks...

Suomi-Prkl

Veteran
nothings over yet. at least a month left for the earlys to flower, and my plant haven't had temps even close to frost, the lowest night temps for me have been about +8. also all my eastern finland plants are close to large lakes so frost usually is not the problem, but high humity. and humity's been a lot lower than last year so everythings going smoothly.

näyttää hyvältä bg, kyllä ne sielä vielä jokusen viikon viihtyy!

offthehook

Veteran
Sure nothings over still, It 's just like with tomatoes, even when you cut off all the leafes, seeds still continue ripening.

/edit/ @BadTicket downbelow>I Checked wiki on it just: 1 tomato, 2 tomatoes.

English is n't my native language BadTicket but now we know for sure :D

Piel

Veteran
BG: What strain is that in the first pic? My GG3 and C99 cross look to be at about the same stage of development -do you think your plant will FINNISH?

Suomi-Prkl

Veteran
Piel we got danish and finnish/danish hybrids in the southern finland with BT in those pics. some of the plants started to flower earlier because they got a better start in the beginning. those are going to be harvested in about 3-4 weeks. ones that were taken outside later grew larger and started to flower couple a weeks later, so those will be harvested in the last days of september.

i'm confident all those (dp, rd, pkr x thy) will finnish just fine. but keep in mind, these strains are bred in hardy northern european climate, whereas c99 is mostly an indoor strain thus more prone to mold.

edit: sorry Piel I read BT, but you meant BG!

-BG-

Piel: all my plants are Danish Passion...like Suomi-prkl said, they are going to finnish...late september I think...danish genetics are excellent..!
One and smallest of my plants are little ahead of others and she should be ready in 3 weeks...

Siberian

Mites tää on kääntyny englanniksi?
Eikö nää sitten olisi sama laitella tonne yleisille Outdoor-sydeemeihin?

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Short stature has something to do with that...no doubt...but when it rains air is cleaned, so to speak...rain causes those particles fall down to the ground...
Windy days carries all kind of dust, pollen, mold particles etc. through the air...
Shorter plants are close to the ground so they live more humid enviroment all the time...I think this is one reason why they are more vulnerable to molds...

This summer has been extremely dry...at least here where I live...

Yeah, and close to the ground they easily get plashed by soil when it rains heavily. Resin profiles might also play a role with some terpenes being a better habitat for mold than others. Will have to sniff into this.

It's been dry where I live too, but where the plants are there have been more favorable rain conditions. I think it was 2006 when it didn't rain for the most of july, this year watering was not a problem.

Muutamat pienet kasvit kaadettu ja kyllähän niistä ihan hyvin tuli ja nousee :tiphat:

Kamera ei pelannu, jotain hahmotelmaa tosta saa minkälaisia oli vähän aikaa sitten kun kävin katsomassa.
picture.php

Useampi viikko menee isommilla hybrideillä. Ihan mukavalta näyttää, siemeniäkin tuli noin desi ja tulossa useampi samanlainen.

Piel

Veteran
SP: The C99 is crossed with something else (can´t remember what...I have the data somewhere) in order to give an outdoor harvest.

offthehook

Veteran
@Piel, The "Mendels figure" applies fairly well if it comes to crossing with autoflowering plants.

Please dig up that piece of history where you crossed her with piel.

Depending on it's genetical make up I could verry accuratly tell you the percentage of chance that it's gonna make it or not.
As a matter of fact, It's raining like shit again so I 'll be making a thread of its own about it right away.
See ya :)

Latest posts

Latest posts