What's new

Ulbricht sphere PAR test (PPF) of several popular 1000W lamps

Rabbi

I understand that you are just replacing your lamps, I just do not agree with what I quoted. It is not extremely pricey for a 1000W setup or even pricey ;)

On contrary.

"On contrary" to what? I'm sure more costly setups exist but I have yet to see or even hear of one.

whazzup

Veteran
on contrary to the belief that it is extremely pricey :D

Take a hortilux ballast (589) which includes a Hortilux Super HPS lamp (100) and add a adjustawing (160) to a total of 749 dollars. The lamp they recommend changing every 9-10 months for optimal grow.

The lumatek example I gave was not that far off what is normally bought in this market and was already the same price or even more expensive. However, the Gavita Pro 1000 does generate more growlight. So more for the same price seems a bargain to me ;)

Rabbi

on contrary to the belief that it is extremely pricey :D

Take a hortilux ballast (589) which includes a Hortilux Super HPS lamp (100) and add a adjustawing (160) to a total of 749 dollars. The lamp they recommend changing every 9-10 months for optimal grow.

The lumatek example I gave was not that far off what is normally bought in this market and was already the same price or even more expensive. However, the Gavita Pro 1000 does generate more growlight. So more for the same price seems a bargain to me ;)

Just sent ya a pm big guy. As turns out I need to upgrade fairly soon now. Do you guys have air cooled hoods? This is a must for me.

whazzup

Veteran
of course they are air cooled, but not as you mean ir cooled ;). The air cooled TripleStar reflector is not yet on the market, in the meanwhile we introduce our Gavita single ended E39 1000W Pro EL lamp, suitable for our Pro 1000 remote ballast and any air cooled hood you want to use that takes a 1000W lamp. It will become available in March.

Attachments

• 1000W pro.jpg
    1000W pro.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 16
  • pro 1000 US side.jpg
    pro 1000 US side.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 15
  • pro 1000 US.jpg
    pro 1000 US.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 13

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So air cooled TripleStar reflector in March? For Canada as well?

I think that he meant the Gavita single ended E39 1000W Pro EL lamp becomes available in March, not the hood. When I asked about the hood availability a week or so ago, he couldn't commit on when it would become available.

whazzup

Veteran
... The air cooled TripleStar reflector is not yet on the market, in the meanwhile we introduce our Gavita single ended E39 1000W Pro EL lamp, suitable for our Pro 1000 remote ballast and any air cooled hood you want to use that takes a 1000W lamp. It will become available in March.
indeed the lamp first, then, when it is ready, the air cooled hood. The prototypes of the hood are being tested.

Rabbi

Let me know when the air cooled hoods are ready to go. This is not an option for me untill then.

whazzup

Veteran
I will. With the single ended lamp though you can use any air cooled hood of your preference.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Very informative! Thank you.

PS - When is Gavita coming out with some vert lamps?

whazzup

Veteran
The Philips 600W 400V EL is suitable for vertical use. Our new Gavita Pro 1000W EL single ended lamp is also suitable vertical use. Not much use making a reflector for a vertical lamp ;)

vwgtiron

where are these damn bulbs

where are these damn bulbs

Whazzup

I am sitting on 3 1000w Micromole Ballasts. I know this is the same as the Digistar series I believe, Right? Anyways I cannot use the El 1000w bulb with this right? I also am trying to order the remote ballast with 2 hoods for the Phillps 1000w DE bulb. I have been waiting on that setup for a month now, I hope they included the optional x505b connector x2 as these are going to be on flippers.
SO where are the Gavita single ended 1000w bulbs to match the micromole(digistar ballasts?) I have contacted humboldt several times and have gotten no reply form them.......
Hopefully my local shop Evergreen Garden Supply in Portland Maine is able to get something going for me... Sorry about the bitching,,just medicated.:thank you:

vwgtiron

The Philips 600W 400V EL is suitable for vertical use. Our new Gavita Pro 1000W EL single ended lamp is also suitable vertical use. Not much use making a reflector for a vertical lamp ;)

actually Wazzup, after talking with My local hydro store I have come to the conclusion that Humboldt Nation sucks. Hit me up with a PM, I will distribute your gear in the states for you. My guy explained to me how the dude that runs HN is very old old school. Hell I am 40 and I work faster than he does. My order has been in for a month now. Grow store employee told me they always have trouble working with HN. This does not bode well for Gavita here in the states unless someone can get on the ball. I am very dissapointed with the lack of returned emails and calls. When I contact Gavita in Holland it is no problem. I hear from them next day or sooner. HN is a joke and I will start a campaign in facebook and twitter if this continues. I am sorely dissapointed. You can claim to have the best lights in the world, If I cannot buy them it just doesn't matter, as a matter of fact they just basically do not exist in my world.
:tumbleweed:

whazzup

Veteran
I'm sorry I'm not here in a capacity in which I can discuss distributors, I'm here on a personal title in my own time, just sharing. But I will share your concerns. Sunlight Supply is also distributor in the US.

The double ended is a high frequency lamp that indeed requires the pro-line ballast to run perfectly stable and at the highest output.

I've been off-line for a bit busy on a few trade shows (saw a few of you guys in Novi Michigan)

Doc420

actually Wazzup, after talking with My local hydro store I have come to the conclusion that Humboldt Nation sucks. Hit me up with a PM, I will distribute your gear in the states for you. My guy explained to me how the dude that runs HN is very old old school. Hell I am 40 and I work faster than he does. My order has been in for a month now. Grow store employee told me they always have trouble working with HN. This does not bode well for Gavita here in the states unless someone can get on the ball. I am very dissapointed with the lack of returned emails and calls. When I contact Gavita in Holland it is no problem. I hear from them next day or sooner. HN is a joke and I will start a campaign in facebook and twitter if this continues. I am sorely dissapointed. You can claim to have the best lights in the world, If I cannot buy them it just doesn't matter, as a matter of fact they just basically do not exist in my world.
:tumbleweed:
I see on the Gavita website that also NGW is distributing the Gavita products.
mayby your hydro store should look in to that.;)

farmari

of course they are air cooled, but not as you mean ir cooled ;). The air cooled TripleStar reflector is not yet on the market, in the meanwhile we introduce our Gavita single ended E39 1000W Pro EL lamp, suitable for our Pro 1000 remote ballast and any air cooled hood you want to use that takes a 1000W lamp. It will become available in March.

Anyone know where to find one of these lamps? The Pro ballasts are easy enough to find online but I can't find the 1000w Pro EL lamp anywhere.

whazzup

Veteran
we do a vigorous testing cycle before we bring anything to the market. Especially for lamps and reflectors this takes a lot of time.

Latest posts

Latest posts