What's new

Uk waste removal methods

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's easy for stuff from a few plants, but warehouse scale grows... maybe a tad more difficult. I guess setting on fire is not an option, I once put trim in my log burner becuase I was lazy and smoked out half the neighborhood (good thing it was at night)
Toss it in in the river (without plastic bags of course !!) ?
A herd of cows could take care of it easily ?
Shred it and mulch it into you soils ?
Depending on how much we're really talking about, only option might be to
dump in the woods, far far away from any cctv, again of course without the bags.
The forest life will take care of it

CC

troutman

Seed Whore
Get some bunnies. :laughing:

rabbit-eats-marihuana.jpg

Cvh

Supermod
In case you can't compost or dump it safely you can let dry until it's bone dry.
With the slightest touch then it will break into tiny unrecognizable pieces. Much easier to get rid off. The smell will be gone too.

Spaventa

Veteran
After they eat the waste, I like the idea of using the rabbit droppings as fertiliser to grow more cannabis. Its a cute and cuddly waste recycling nutrient recovery system. Goats would eat the waste too, then you could have fertiliser AND milk. Rabbits would piss me off. One goat would do the job of 10 rabbits and look fine in the garden :)

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Our bags of used all mix with totally no leaf goes in those huge bins on estates,,,
looky looky for cctv though,,,,,,

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Find somebody to blast it into shatter. Shred the stick & stem. Dry the vegetative leaf out in a drying rack or Worm bin it. You have 100lbs of fresh trim every week like a real factory you can make 50lbs of EWC a week :) They will deal with it all. The dirt isn't an issue with hydro. I was throwing out 16 + bags a run for a decade. I've got a fuck load of raised beds & give it away down the allotment. Can't tip it if the car smells like a cannabis farm got prefects on the entrance a decade on :biggrin:

I've an oil drum in the garden for burning rubbish, I burned a year or so of stem recently, it went up a treat & stank of herbs I threw some rosemary on after :) I've a wood burner in this new spot so I can burn the stem & make kindling. Worm bin & sheep to feed here & a composter if I run out of space.

A full bilinear of leaf 12-24 weeks later after it moulds up is about a carrier bag full..

G

ganjygav

I live on the outskirts of town. 30 seconds from my back gate it's all countryside, rivers, nature reserved land and woods.
I just take late night walks, soil is broken down and dumped in woods or large hedges. My fan leaves and stems get dumped into a river where I know by daylight it will be a couple of miles away or eaten by swans and ducks.
I only grow organic and no pesticides touch my plants because I use natural remedies such as predatory insects so I have no moral issues with the dumping I do.

madalasatori

Veteran
I dry it right out and triple bag with the thickest bin bags I can find, cable tie on top. I put the second and third bags on at the last minute as it takes time for the smell to permeate.

Then take it to the dump preferably early on a busy day like a Sunday so it gets buried within minutes under other people’s shite.

Some dumps ask for ID now so check beforehand

Stay safe

PabloAcuario

I once tried burning it in the old oil drum, after midnight and in the garden.
The whole bloody street stank of Kush :tumbleweed:

Mine now goes to:

The composter (one of those HotBin things) and then through me wrigglers :woohoo:

My Local Authority tips (Recycling Centre ). They don’t batt an eyelid. Last time I went, one of the staff was smoking weed.
They are more interested in catching people dumping stuff that is chargeable. I'm lucky I have three closebye and can vist three in under an hour

My Bunnies and Cavvies love it and then I compost it after it pops out the other end :biggrin:

For my guerrilla plants I usually spread it under the hedgerows where the wild bunnies live. The custodians of the land around here have the wildlife buffer zone things around their fields. 3-5 metres deep. Amazing what you can hide in there :thinking:

Chevy cHaze

Out Of Dankness Cometh Light
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hahaha probably not!
What about drying everything to bone dry, crushing and flushing it down the toilet?
When it's bone dry it won't have much volume anymore...
Might depend on what your actual quantities are hahaha.

madalasatori

Veteran
Went to one local dump this week to scope it out, they had 2 girls in front of the general waste bit, checking bin bags and opening them, like fucking goal keepers in front of the skips…

The next one I tried was a bunch of blokes who just didn’t give a shit, were just sweeping up and chatting to each other,

It’s fucking Russian roulette down the tip nowerdays…

Also found out viridor use ANPR cameras to clock people who come more than 4 times a month and they ban them for a bit, obviously assuming it’s trade waste… worth knowing tho.

Trade waste is 115 quid minimum for 1 tonne, ffs I’d pay that to be honest if I could dump everything once a month, I don’t think they would buy the “ I rented my house out and the tenant grew weed and did a runner story “ every 2 weeks tho……:)

This countries a nightmare.. cameras, permits, everywhere now.

Sounds like your only option is to take a long drive to some very remote spots and dump it in the forests (I’m thinking those thick conifer plantations you get). Problem with this is driving round with a motor full of evidence for several hours.

Otherwsise maybe find an accommodating mate with a bit of land and use the landfill method? Just make a hole big enough for each drop...

Another idea would be to dump it in a wide fast flowing river in some remote location, especially when it’s in flood after a lot of rain.

“No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking” - Voltaire

https://www.thebincompany.com/catal...100 Commercial Waste Compactor/Bag Compactor'

Last edited:

yts farmer

Veteran
Find somebody to blast it into shatter. Shred the stick & stem. Dry the vegetative leaf out in a drying rack or Worm bin it. You have 100lbs of fresh trim every week like a real factory you can make 50lbs of EWC a week :) They will deal with it all.

Got to be the best option, there seems to be quite a few people doing extracts these days so got to be worth trying to build a relationship with 1 or 2 of these guys. Your literally dumping money wherever you choose.

I don't know what the percentage of a split will be but have seen people across the pond say they normally give the people who extract a third of the finished product as payment.

Trying to find someone to do extract for you is going to give you extra cash rather than worrying where your going to dump it and takes the risk away from dumping your waste trim.

Peace.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
I'm struggling with lamp recycling. The big names like philips and osram pay recolight to do this for end users. Essentially we should be able to walk into a number of electrical wholesalers with our old lamps. Fill in some consignment paperwork, and job done. However, I have no idea what this paperwork is. It may ask for my waste handing registration number, as businesses can't transport waste without one. The local tip was a nightmare. Such a commotion. I had to put them back in the car.

Do any responsible grow shops take them? I think recolight offer their collection service for free, as the manufacturers cover it.

Perhaps a shop should, just once, if nobody does already. To clear the backlog of lamps I bet a few of us have. The council really should, but won't even take clay peddles for fear it's not domestic waste. It's why I switched to coco.

Latest posts

Latest posts