What's new

UK snap General Election announced for 4th July

Cuddles

Sunak has announced a general election for 4th July.
I don´t understand why exactly as the the next general election would have taken place later on this year or in early 2025 anyway. ???
So hearing this announced as I tuned into BBC news came as a real surprise.

But whatever happens until July programs like HIGNFY should be even more entertaining to watch :biggrin: (or so I´m hoping)

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Sunak has announced a general election for 4th July.
I don´t understand why exactly as the the next general election would have taken place later on this year or in early 2025 anyway. ???
So hearing this announced as I tuned into BBC news came as a real surprise.

But whatever happens until July programs like HIGNFY should be even more entertaining to watch :biggrin: (or so I´m hoping)
Thanks for the heads up friend.

Cuddles

I think I´ve worked it out:
Sunak´s fed up and wants to move on and do something else :biggrin:
Lots of MPs are standing down so it should get interesting.

Labour will win for sure! ;)

Cuddles

Great.
the icons are switched off so you can´t let someone know whether or not you´ve read and acknowledged their post in any way.
This kinda makes communication more difficult :(

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Great.
the icons are switched off so you can´t let someone know whether or not you´ve read and acknowledged their post in any way.
This kinda makes communication more difficult :(
Yes, welcome to speakers corner 2.0.
Great posts, like 👍

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
It makes no difference anyway - political parties are run and controlled by those that make and control the money and the media - so whoever you vote for - the government gets in - no matter what or who's government - they are all controlled by money and media - not via some sort of democracy - more like a capitalistic corporate/monarchical autocracy - that calls the shots - it's just hidden enough - for most people not to realize it -

shiva82

It makes no difference anyway - political parties are run and controlled by those that make and control the money and the media - so whoever you vote for - the government gets in - no matter what or who's government - they are all controlled by money and media - not via some sort of democracy - more like a capitalistic corporate/monarchical autocracy - that calls the shots - it's just hidden enough - for most people not to realize it -
spot on . democracy never existed.

hope you are on the mend gypsy and thanks for protecting free speech on this platform.

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Spoken like a true general spot on all these in so called power are the same bent as a nine bob notes :tiphat::good:

audiohi

Veteran
brexit is a term used by the braindead

(y)

Get_ready_for_Brexit_campaign.jpg

tory670.jpg

northern-ireland-brexit1_hpMain_20200201-025419.jpg

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Are you ready for the Fourth of July?
Ain't noth'in worth voting for - so no registration for me - thank you very much - 😊 - lib/lab/dems and tory's - pretty much the same - all playing the same game - can't see any politician worth getting out of bed for -

buzzmobile

Veteran
can't see any politician worth getting out of bed for -
Well since you won't be busy that day, come on over and help us set up for the evening festivities. No heavy lifting. You can point and shout orders. Are you any good at lighting fuses?
641718b7-ff7a-484f-a3af-2ff61851e236-0630Fireworks1.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts