What's new

Uk Redditor Finds Grow In Rented House

You can get the box fans,sunmaster light kits,the whole kit'n'kaboodle second-hand from the shop in cheshunt thats selling used hydro gear,knocks a chunk of a decent sized grows start up costs :ying:

I found the place on gumtree...looks like they have loads of good kit trouble is its a hell of a long way from me

S

speedemon

I would remove the picture of the person smiling amongst the stuff if on the UK forum so not to get your collar felt.

How many 600 watt lights before the average 3-bed burns to a crisp sinister?The viets seem to use loads.

Depends on how they are plugged in...a standard ring socket circuit is 32A (possibly 30A) so the max your supposed to have is 7680 Watts (ohms law 240 volts x 32 amps = 7680 Watts) but you have to take into consideration the correction factors for the ballasts of which acording to college was x 1.8 (but is loads less) so 600W x 1.8 = 1080 watts for a 600w light. I like to use the 1.8 correction factor when doing load calculations for people due to the possible age of the wiring and how loose the socket connections could be, if theres junction boxes under floors etc (unless it were to be tested properly)

So basically 7680 watts / 1080 = 7 x 600W lights on a standard ring....however you could put 8 or 9 on it before things start to get dangerous due to the cable ratings going on the side of safety and the 32A fuse/mcb wont actually blow until somewhere near 1.5 its rating so a 32A mcb would blow at around 48A

The best way is to put a new 32A or 40A 30mA RCD protected mcb in the fuse board (RCBO) or a seperate enclosure and run 1 x 6mm twin and earth cable of which can take around 42 amps, take it to each room and put a load of sockets on the end of it...Would be preferable to plug each side of the contactors into one side of a double socket and something of a lower load into the other side or put all single sockets on (the 13A fuse in the plug top will act as its protection)..this way each 6mm independant circuit can run about 9 x 600s (the 1.8 correction factor isnt that critical as youve wired an independant circuit yourself)

The reason the cables have melted in that place is because they have probably pushed it to about 40 odd amps per 32A circuit and its just been on the edge of blowing the mcbs/fuses thus overheating the wiring

the supply tails of the head if 16mm can easily take 100 amps and have a 60 - 100 amp fuse in. If its got a 60 in it the whole house could take about 80-90 amps before it blows...

240volts x 90A = 21600 watts....21600 / 1080W (1.8 correction factor included) = 20 x 600W lights in a standard single phase domestic property without it getting dangerous

how big would they get in those little pots?...seems like they would of had loads of spare height and would of had a low canopy?

Its the way to do it though if into such things...setting that up would of taken 2 people a day..take a load of cuts there and off they go...proper bosh bosh job criminal style

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
any idea how to contact the fella in the picture who I am asuming started it on the net?..I want the box fans lol

hes deleted his account,
The house is just outside of London, UK.
Maybe keep an eye on gumtree etc

4 qs
1) how much power do those fans in the boxs use
2) Guestimate on how much they pulled or does anyone think that it would of been possible for them to pull one crop and walk away £££ happy?
3) Why in this day and age dont they use some automated system?
4) in the few pics iv seen it always looks like they grab the cheapest reflector and then flatten it out, why dont they use parabolics , arnt they suppose to be better + at a glance they arnt that much pricier.

B

buddymate

in the few pics iv seen it always looks like they grab the cheapest reflector and then flatten it out, why dont they use parabolics
You answered that question yourself,price,you can get those lamps,ballasts,the kit for £50 each,a bit cheaper if you buy in number,its always the cheapest,if everything comes on top walk away with the minimum possible expenditure.
Why in this day and age dont they use some automated system?
Viet grows like this,and it is a viet grow,the rice and flattened reflector are a dead giveaway,do indeed have automated systems,they are called illegal immigrants,they have been doing grows on this exact same pattern since the late 1980's in canada,its a system that works perfectly,they arent going to change it if its not broken.:ying:

You answered that question yourself,price,you can get those lamps,ballasts,the kit for £50 each,a bit cheaper if you buy in number,its always the cheapest,if everything comes on top walk away with the minimum possible expenditure.

Viet grows like this,and it is a viet grow,the rice and flattened reflector are a dead giveaway,do indeed have automated systems,they are called illegal immigrants,they have been doing grows on this exact same pattern since the late 1980's in canada,its a system that works perfectly,they arent going to change it if its not broken.:ying:

If they get a spin the men with long hats are going to find 1 or 2 immigrants in there who aparantly dont know where they are, how they got there, didnt know what they were doing was illigal and cant speak english at best they might get deported. It amazes me how they can obtain properties paid for in advance nowadays though they must all be private landlords or they set up a property management business, get the properties then look after them for the owners for a monthly %.....

B

buddymate

It amazes me how they can obtain properties paid for in advance nowadays
Recession :ying: as someone once told me,always use "Friendly" landlords,cash is king,offer someone twice the monthly rental,make good the repairs when you leave,give them a drink come chop time,win/win for them :ying:

B

buddymate

are those box fans for sale? Are they 12"?...In fact ill take the whole lot if price is right
50+ 600 watt lamps and that exact same model of timer unit have just gone on sale,lights are 40 quid each,discount on 10 or more,timer unit is 75 quid,a stonesthrow from london,I think he is trying to raise some cash to redecorate.

B

buddymate

givin us a bad name
Nope,thats the government,they are the ones who made the plant illegal,cant blame someone for exploiting a prohibition niche,if your going to do that you might as well castigate seed vendors who sell beans at £60 for 10,vegetables are legal,would you buy a pack of cabbage seeds for £60?:ying:swings and roundabouts mate.:tiphat:

50+ 600 watt lamps and that exact same model of timer unit have just gone on sale,lights are 40 quid each,discount on 10 or more,timer unit is 75 quid,a stonesthrow from london,I think he is trying to raise some cash to redecorate.

how do i get hold of him regarding the fans mate?

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
or they set up a property management business, get the properties then look after them for the owners for a monthly %.....

Qxasp.gif

You are one devious mofo Sir :tiphat:

Liza

Nope,thats the government,they are the ones who made the plant illegal,cant blame someone for exploiting a prohibition niche,if your going to do that you might as well castigate seed vendors who sell beans at £60 for 10,vegetables are legal,would you buy a pack of cabbage seeds for £60?:ying:swings and roundabouts mate.:tiphat:

I would if these cabbages got me high. Legal or not.

EddieShoestring

Florist
Veteran
i thought that standard socket rings are 13amp-cooker or immersion rings 20amp?
those Sunmasters are IMO crap-first they start to make an intermittant buzz-which becomes more and more frequent until the thing fails. I've thrown loads out because of this.
also just using b/w on windows restricts the amount of negative pressure you can generate in the GRoom-a decent level of neg pressure will tear the plastic off of the wall

the triads and vietcong often get rattled and abandon ship at the drop of a hat

ho hum
e