What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UK Outdoor 2013

KingKongGrow

My first post,

My first post,

This year i am going to try growing Hollands Hope it is a autoflower and is meant to have a good resistance to mold also early pearl boasts good mold resistance, other strains to consider is afghan and purple power for outdoor uk, would like to ask if anyone has ever used hanging baskets before in their gorilla grow also, iv never seen this idea anywhere on the net before, here's an idea ;)
Have a camouflaged up hanging basket up a tree with a pulley (optional) and some green paracord or garden twine so you can have a plant up in a cleared space in the canopy and keeping it of the ground and away from deer,rabbit and out of site from people and also a bottle of water in the basket with a small hole in it the to drip feed gradually,
What's peoples thoughts? curious to hear ,cheers King Kong

b8man

Veteran
Hey KingKong

Canna is a deep rooting beast so hanging baskets might limit it's growth a bit. I don't mean to put you off experimenting, but consider how much root mass you need for a reasonable yield.

There have been a few plants grown up trees (usually in places with harsher sentences than the uk). If you wanted to drip feed it your best bet would be something like blumats hooked up to a reservoir. But this would mean you'd have to top it up regularly with nutrients or plant it in enough soil that it could feed it for it's lifetime. It's possible, but a lot more effort than finding a few spots and just doing a regular guerrilla grow.

Whatever you choose bud, good luck with it.

Pierresenberg

Hanging baskets could be done, but would be best suited for auto strains (due to the lack of soil).
But it probably would pose more problems than benefits, the soil would dry out must faster due to it being up off the ground in constant airflow and would need to be watered daily through dry periods.
Also wind damage would be another concern.

There are benefits to, a good constant airflow could reduce mold, also it would be safe from rabbits and other plant eating animals.
It could also receive more light than on the ground (depending on the foliage of the tree).

HaggisEdi

Hi, long time reader first time writer:) here.Some experience indoors , getting ready for first season outside.Got myself few Church femi seeds for this season, supposed to be good for mould.
But my question is how do I put my hands on Guerilla gold?
Thanks, stay safe

sirstonealot

Hi all :wave:

It's been a long time since I have lurked here, but this year I'm back and rearing to go.

Nice to see lot's of new faces and a few old ones keeping the uk growers thread going strong.

Rocket high - I will be doing a auto ak seed run within the next few months!

Harold - That MAF looks great and the way you have described the aroma / taste really appeals to me, I have spent way too much money looking for the elusive hogsbreath pheno of HOG for that exact sickly sweet / burnt rubber taste!

Perhaps once we get properly acquainted you might consider sending some seeds this way?

TPS - Really nice to see your still around, Is that monster of a AAH an auto IBL,f1 auto cross or other?

This is zed's old line right?

Speaking of zed are you still in contact with him? Also did you get my email?

Flash G - I grew out 3 packs of the hog indoors last year and although they were alright I doubt that this strain would perform outdoors.

Smokey macpot - as harold said autos do have poor mold resistance, I learnt this the hard way outside in 2011.

Pierresenberg - Freisian dew seems to be a popular plant in our neck of the woods, not sure of my lat but I am also in wet wales.

I will be growing Freisian dew this year!

If you fancy a few seeds I will have a locally developed seed mix in the next 3 weeks, It has been worked on for 6 years in rural wales.

Nunsacred - This late cold snap has played havoc with my veg plot, I have lost broad beans,leeks and lettuce.

Haggis edi - The church will also be making a appearance with me this year!

My full line up this year will consist mainly of pre sexed cuttings

Random local outdoor bagseed #1 (germed)
Random local outdoor bagseed #2

Auto ak (not sure what breeders yet but they will be the cheapest possible, I will be doing a indoor seedrun with these)

Female seeds - Maroc (although reading this thread pehaps I would be better off with purple maroc?)
Greenhouse - The church
Humboldt - Blue dream
Dutch passion-freisian dew
Unknown clone only-lemon skunk
Unknown clone only-cheese x unknown
Unknown clone only-cheese x white rhino (still not sure about this one)
local grower - outdoor mix 7th generation

I will be planting exclusively female cuts but will be pollinating some of them with auto males to pursue the F1 auto path that fascinated me so much when I was last growing outside!

Peace

S.S

brock1

last year nfw

picture.php

picture.php

MJBadger

Veteran
Hi sirstone , nice to see you been a while .
Someat puzzles me , last summer was the wettest on record coz the jet-stream was south of us , now it`s been the coldest shittiest winter & easter coz the jet-streams south of us . Is a pattern emerging ?

Have done bugger all in the garden exept for a lot of tidying up , no beds been weeded or dug just a lot of crap been burned , too damm cold & i`m getting concerned about my hedgehogs coz they keep creeping out for the food i`m putting down now i know when their about but this weather they should be tucked up asleep .
Wonder what this summer has in store ?

B

buddymate

Wonder what this summer has in store ?
Time will tell,getting things ready for prep now though :ying:

Attachments

• Strimming the plot..jpg
    Strimming the plot..jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 12
  • slug pellets. (Medium).jpg
    slug pellets. (Medium).jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 16

sirstonealot

Sorry badger & wam, how rude of me not to have said hello on my way in through the door!

Is anyone in touch with chappers?

I would really like to pick up the hawaiian webbed indica batton if he still has any seed stock left (I believe he made a f1 lowryder cross with the initial HWI I passed on to him?)

Dose anyone know where to find the cheapest auto ak seeds, I wan't to start a seedrun asap so would like 20-30 seeds so I can be select the best plants for pollination.

My budget is limited being that I'm expected to live on £7.20 a day at the moment!

Google did yield some "bulk" autoflowering suppliers but the minimum purchase far exceeded what I need and TBH the sites looked a little dodgy!

Any suggestions?

Peace

S.S

sirstonealot

Ok so I have found some reasonably priced auto ak seed and will be ordering some on monday.

I've also been contemplating doing a few packs of hybrids from hell namely the scottish, danish cheese and flatland bubble.

I'm going to be using lot of coco fibre this year, simply because my spots are fairly remote and it's a lot easier to carry than dirt.

Peace

S.S

B

buddymate

Out early this morning getting cages ready,it IS gorilla growing isnt it? :ying:

Attachments

• Knee pads 003 (Large).jpg
    Knee pads 003 (Large).jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 13

thepureskunk

Yoooooo!

Nice to see you SS :) been years mate! I never got any email..if sent to my old one then I haven't been on that for years... The plants from that pic was all seed from chapppers and were simply labelled auto MTF. Hopefully dur to one very kind sole ill be getting some more and will do a seed run this season.

Yep this weather is fucked up :'( really hope it isnt a sign of things to come... Shit winters followed by shit summers...oh joy.

As i said above I may do a seed grow this year to secure some seed stock for years to come. Just looking forward to the weather getting better.

Peace!

B

buddymate

I remember you stoney from the UK outdoor crew back on OG,good luck with this seasons auto-outdoor :tiphat::ying:

harold

Harold - That MAF looks great and the way you have described the aroma / taste really appeals to me, I have spent way too much money looking for the elusive hogsbreath pheno of HOG for that exact sickly sweet / burnt rubber taste!

im going to make pure seed with the maf this year. maybe fem her over winter?...
there is a rhubarb, burnt rubber, sweet baby sick smell that was a first for me, a nice warm buzz to it aswell. this one is going to be a part of every grow from now on.

ive only got so many, but will have plenty more in the fall :)

smokeymacpot

Veteran
Ok so I have found some reasonably priced auto ak seed and will be ordering some on monday.

I've also been contemplating doing a few packs of hybrids from hell namely the scottish, danish cheese and flatland bubble.

I'm going to be using lot of coco fibre this year, simply because my spots are fairly remote and it's a lot easier to carry than dirt.

Peace

S.S

can you send me a pm with a link to that reasonably priced auto ak ? thnx

B

buddymate

Gorillas are getting ready for prep after a winter of cabin fever :ying:

Attachments

• Gorillas in our midst 009.jpg
    Gorillas in our midst 009.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 12
  • Gorillas in our midst 006.jpg
    Gorillas in our midst 006.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 19
B

buddymate

That may be true,but beauty is in the eye of the beholder,and my mum still loves me :comfort:

Latest posts

Latest posts