What's new

UK Outdoor 2008 Guerilla Style

G

m@rg said:
took dog walk yesterday found a nice little spot i think im gonna try
had nothing on me but a fiver, so ive kinda stuck it on a twig about a foot off the ground in my spot ...
ill check next week, QUOTE]

brilliant idea on the fiver :headbange

G

Yeah, if it's still there, you know the only people who walk their dogs in the area are f$%£^& Christians! lol

luciano28

Whats a fiver? A five dollar bill? Or I guess a five pound bill for you? Never thought of doing something like that but if thats what you meant, I think its an awesome idea BH.

G

there are some honest people outhere who might just leave the fiver thinking its part of a treasure hunt or something lol

G

A five pound note is called a fiver here. It's a great idea, but not mine, it's m@rg's idea. I'm far too poor to be able to risk losing a fiver anyways!

smokeymacpot

Veteran
when are you gonna be planting outside? im not sure if night temps are abit too cold for them at the moment. 1-5c for the next week.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Yeah, I had a nightmare with the Leb 27 - they just wouldn't branch at all, and even when topped, just kept going! They were putting on an inch a a day at one point when BH visited. I have two more seedlings I just repotted - they're under the MH already to try and keep them under control. My friend is also germing some, so we'll get a few phenos to play with. They've also started some of Esbe's other seeds for me, as they have more room - B3/N7 X Erdpurt (I think) etc...

G

I'm kind of jealous!!

We still have snow knee deep in the National Forest around here, even at the lower elevations(app. 1000M).

I got my hunting and fishing licenses, and other various permits early this year. Bear hunting begins April 15th in my part of the state. Carrying my recurve bow and wearing blaze orange will make me "just another bear hunter" if I'm spotted as I scout for some potential grow spots.

One might think it was easy to find a spot in the literally 10's of thousands of acres of National Forest within easy driving of where I live. Maybe I'm over cautious and paranoid, but I don't think so. :sasmokin:

My real problem is the only seeds I have are some suspect Cali Orange Bud and some bagseed from Northern California. I think I'll do the bagseed since I'm sure it was an indica dominant weed. Maybe I'll get lucky and get some early finishing plants. It can snow in my potential grow areas in September, although early September is usually OK. I really need to have a summer crop since I promised my girlfriend I wouldn't do an indoor grow this summer. I promised her we'd go gold prospecting and have fun doing stuff. Price of gold is very attractive now at $900+ a troy oz. We also like looking for sapphires and other things in the wilderness. Great fun, especially if tuned up on some good homegrown weed. I'm saving my SSH for "cruising" this summer.

Probably too late to get seeds but how would pure indica strains do in my rather harsh climate and short grow season? It seems strains that grow in Afghanistan should do well here. Those high valleys in Hindu Kush have got to be as cold as where I am in the Nothern Rockey Mountains (USA) Any suggestions? Early mid June is about as early as I would want to put out plants. I plan to veg for 30 days or so if I can. I'd like to sex them before planting outside.

thanks

pedro
:sasmokin:

G

I think indicas are gonna be your only option to be honest. The sort of strains esbe grows would be ideal, they are adapted to 55N. Drop me a PM, I might be able to help!

smokeymacpot

Veteran
Elevator Man said:
Yeah, I had a nightmare with the Leb 27 - they just wouldn't branch at all, and even when topped, just kept going! They were putting on an inch a a day at one point when BH visited. I have two more seedlings I just repotted - they're under the MH already to try and keep them under control. My friend is also germing some, so we'll get a few phenos to play with. They've also started some of Esbe's other seeds for me, as they have more room - B3/N7 X Erdpurt (I think) etc...

i wouldnt worry too much, you can tie them over slightly and plant at an angle to encourage branching. its certainly not something im worrying about with mine. the only problem is getting so many males!!

G

Smokey you can call me stark raving bonkers after this little story if you want. We have had years before when all you seem to get is males, so we kept pulling & pulling them, more males came. So we left the males alone, guess what we started getting females. Same happened again the next year, so we got all the unsexed plants in pots & put them up close against the males, guess what, they started throwing females, more & more of them. Weird shit. My advice is dont be too quick to pull the males. Begs the question can plants communicate with each other? or am I nuts. Some people say foxes can throw more vixens in a litter if there are a shortage of females in the area & vice versa. Maybe plants can.
Telecannesis.............sorry if I'm a mile off.

G

Weather was lovely today so I dragged a load more supplies out to the forest clearing. I took 10 bricks of coco which expand to 10 litres each, 5 kilos of chicken manure pellets, a kilo of bat guano, 10 litres of perlite, 20 litres of compost and 3 kilos of fertiliser granules. I took the rest of the 50 13 litre poly pots I bought out to the site too, I plan to fill all 50 of them with plants.

I have made 50 3-inch deep scrapes in the ground and placed one pot in each scrape, then added three handfuls of chicken manure pellets, three handfuls of perlite, three handfuls of fertiliser granules, a bit of bat guano and a couple of litres of coco to each pot. This all took about 3 hours. Next job was to dig a few hundred litres of compost out of the 'riverbank' area at the edge of the clearing. I need a total of 650 litres of medium to fill all fifty 13 litre pots, the bulk of which will be forest compost, I added the amendments to the pots and now need to add about 10 litres of compost to each pot and mix it thoroughly with the ammendments. A friend is coming with me at the weekend to compelte the pot filling, so we'll carry in another 50 litres of perlite and 50 litres of quality compost. I only bug about 100 litres of compost out of the river bank so far and I have only filled 5 of the pots with it, the filling and mixing process is long and laborious, digging out 100 litres and filling those 5 pots took another 3 hours and after 6 hours of work I was totally shattered.

I haven't taken any pics today, I will at the weekend when I go back with my firend, it looks pretty impressive, 50 large poly pots lined up in rows among the litle pine trees. I realise 13 litres isn't all that much (3.44 gallons) but I reckon it will be enough as I've added loads of ammendments to feed the plants and there is no chance of the pots drying out as the ground is sodden, almost waterlogged. I figure that it's better to have 50 smallish pots than 10 big ones and to be honest, all the digging, mixing, carrying, etc. required for the 650 litres of total medium I need is mroe than enough work for what is essentially a one-man operation, albeit with a little bit of help from a friend. I would love to have 50 litre pots or even better, fifty 250 litre raised beds, but I have to be realistic, even getting to this location is a mission in itself involving a fair walk cross hill and vale, a slog through a horrid, damp, eerie swamp then through a dense, dark pine forest (still swamp though) before you even reach the clearing, then the nearest pond (created by a fallen tree) is 300 metres from where I placed the pots, so I had to expand the ten 10 litre coco bricks 5 at a time at the pond in a large Wilko's shopping bag then drag the 50 litres of coco 300 metres through swamp to the location then do the same all over again. The 'riverbank' where the nearest quality compost/peat is to be found is 200 metres from the pots so as well as the arduous digging, there is lots of carrying of compost across those 200 metres of swamp too. In short, it's a fuckload of hard work in highly unpleasant conditions - you are constantly wet and muddy, hence cold. To go any larger with the pot size or number of pots woudl mean recruiting a team of helpers and that kind of defeats the object of finding an inaccessible spot in the middle of nowhere that no-one can find or even knows about! he one friend who does know the location and is helping me is 100% trustworthy and I'm happy that not one other soul knows where the spot is and even my friend would struggle to find it without me guiding him!

smokeymacpot

Veteran
farmaz2 said:
Smokey you can call me stark raving bonkers after this little story if you want. We have had years before when all you seem to get is males, so we kept pulling & pulling them, more males came. So we left the males alone, guess what we started getting females. Same happened again the next year, so we got all the unsexed plants in pots & put them up close against the males, guess what, they started throwing females, more & more of them. Weird shit. My advice is dont be too quick to pull the males. Begs the question can plants communicate with each other? or am I nuts. Some people say foxes can throw more vixens in a litter if there are a shortage of females in the area & vice versa. Maybe plants can.
Telecannesis.............sorry if I'm a mile off.

the latest batch showed 5 girls and 6 boys, which seems ok to me. the first one must have been a fluke to get about 9 males lol
i am actually keeping the males there cause i want a slow sexing male to use to make more seeds for next year. so maybe they do help? never know ;)

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
British_Hempire said:
A five pound note is called a fiver here. It's a great idea, but not mine, it's m@rg's idea. I'm far too poor to be able to risk losing a fiver anyways!

The fiver is a great idea, but if you are skint, just make yourself a few on the PC/printer, they are so much cheaper than the ones from banks and from 3 feet away, you cannot tell the difference.

BTW, Female Seeds Maroc is available on seedbay this weekend as a special, that and Easy Sativa are very hard to get at the moment.

G

I'm back!

The outdoor work is continuing apace, despite the near constand rain and cloud here at the moment, I'm knackered from all the digging and trampling round bits of forest, but I will get some pictures and reports posted soon!

Latest posts

Latest posts