What's new

uk clone only! (and british bred strains)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
retry said:
hey londimium :wave: any pp x's in them old seeds ?

bout time she was resurrected :joint:

Hello Retry hope you and the missus are well....I've Got 1 male thats half PP and half either Skelter or Skaze(SkelterxP.Haze).It smells more than a little like PP and has very stinky stem rub like the PP(especially when I put a clone straight in on 12's for a few weeks to sex him) and leathery leaves (though a little slimmer on this lad) that she always kinda had as a Female,but hard to judge how much PP leaning it will be without crossing and progeny testing as I've not seen a PP male b4. Will get a pic to ya when I'm back in manor at the Wknd. Not at home much rite now but do have better camera finally(about time)now just gotta learn to take better shots.
Of the other 2 possible females I had...one was a runt and didn't make it & the other I don't think has PP at all,Too skinny leaved and no big smell(seed was much more stripey as well).
But I have just been returned as you have noticed(although they are old so fingers crossed again mate) some more 90's stuff as I mentioned in this thread a while back and amongst those are some more pot luck mixed jars(likely to have some PP in there somewhere as I chucked lots of diff pollen at PP ladies in late 90's,most of which were hardly tested post cross) and amongst the still labelled stuff there is 7 or 8 of PHASK (PPxHaze X AfghanxSkaze) and a few more PSK (PP X Skaze). I still have some more of some other pot lucks with poss PP crosses to try as well and will get through them all ASAIHP.
I haven't and won't give up on PP all the while theres any chance of a resurrection in part or full,don't worry about that fella.
What U or your peeps running at the moment anyway Retry,anything nice mate? JBo :joint:

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ganja Pasha said:
Got any pics of your SAGE? Just wondering what pheno you had cos the cut I was given wasn't very potent at all, it was very tasty just had no kick.
Sorry mate couldn't read this b4...Anyhoo the li'l SAGE mum we have now is quite Affie leaning 12 weeks flower and not that stretchy for a SAGE,mebbe doubles to triples in flower depending on enviro,lite etc(so can be vegged a little) as apposed to being a straight to Bloom when 8 inches so it doesn't come out of the roof like some SAGE pheno's I've known. It's very strong but to the point of numbness when overdone,so wouldn't be the SAGE for you GP I don't reckon,not the most BigSurHoly buzz from a SAGE ever,but lots of the smell and flavour so a tasty smoke in moderation or for bed.
The SAGE I kept from the first run way back,was much more your cup of tea and was very potent but more electric Sat high than this one(but only really liked 2 out of 19 original females then).It was a 13/14 weeker. I have also smoked buds and hash from the cut that TH used in Cup and that was Damn fine weed,It's just like a Big Sur high and Herbal smell,but with lots of crystal and a little bit of sweet gum from the Afghan. I think youd find a SAGE you liked if you had seeds to try out 4 yaself. Just takes an eye and I know U have that.
Will take a pic of the little mum I have when back home. JBo :joint:

P.S. B4 I forget......Fuck Grit Dealers,GROW,GROW,GROW,GROW,GROW and Oh Yeah GROW! Britain Needs Ganja!!! :cuss:

Last edited:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the only reason i do what i do is because i cant function with assholes.... i dont have the energy to educate anyone who dont realy see the way forward for them selfs..

im working towards having a network of friends like you guys.. but its hard work

your holly type sage sounds nice londinium.....does it have the trademark zingy taste

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
a while ago i had a sage pheno we dubed "the poison"...the taste was strong, very zingy allmost like an exotic haze it overpowerd tobaco with no probs..."the poison" was so strong it gave you a head ache after a while....buds were large an airy...it looked like it was diped in glaze an it had hardend....so good!!....its a real shame it dissapered....i wonder if yours is similar??

Last edited:

smokaholik

hey peeps helo to u all and may i say salaaam 'peace' to u all aswell, there are some lovely pix iand strains in this thread an id just like to share soem of my friends with u

AFGhan WILD

HITS UK UNDERGROUND

heres some kush not from no seedbank but direct from the maontians

hers some more pureple kush, not the states clone only but a direct find in swat valley in the hindu kush hope u mans like the colours

smokaholik

One of the favs amongst those who know is this amazing specimen from Tirich Mir wich is the highest moatian in the hindu kush and wat a adelite

a lower down bud

heres another variety of purple kush that was found near the town of mingora in swat valley and is toally different in he profile to the other purple kush, the other is sweeter with flavours of exotic friut where as this one is str8 pungent acrid musky cat piss, withnotjing but a hash taste

and yo Mr doc not all afghans show darker blueish leaf ya know infact its more common among the kushes my friend then afghans well the true afghans anyway that are cultivated in the land they belong and not the ducth varieties that i cant comment on

heres some pix for ya

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Smokaholik,Welcome to the UK thread,That is some tasty lookin' Plants you have there,Beautiful my friend,espescially the Tirich Mir,I've always wanted to visit that mountain as I was told stories about it as a kid.Lovely plant!
Really refreshing to see some more REAL Kush and Afghan strains on our little Island and nice to see them in their homeland. I'm So fed up with the Seedbank version's meself! Thanks for sharing.
So were you born in Afghanistan yourself,or nearby? If so can I visit with U as I need to get me some mountain weed LOL.
How long do these strains take to bud etc and how are you feeding and lighting them if U don't mind me asking?
May the light be bright on your garden....JBo :joint:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wahala comea salaam bro.. cha cha that catpiss pheno sounds like the missing link to road kill skunk,,have you been lookin in the mountains for them plants?

it great to meet you!!..

Last edited:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Salaam smokaholic :wave: Tirich Mir (aka the King of Darkness) is the base upon which many great varieties have grown :yes:

peace peace peace

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice to hear a salaam between brothers and mamoo`s...on this thread...

Last edited:

lovelightpower

Veteran
yeah, DocLeaf i think my tops are like that.

hey smokaholik some nice finds you got yourself there, respect to you for keepin it real.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Like this,,,

The Bubble Dust in Bubble Axe should reduce the shaggy flowers of emerald Axe down to fatter colas in the line,, that's the plan :yes: Big up GrowDoc :friends: :canabis:

These male clones might just come in useful an all :wink: respect,,, Jah bless LLP n BeAn :yes:

Peace dLeaf :joint:

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Psychosis blade ,, just for the record... :wink:

Oh yeah,, bless up pon the Psychosis Sister, LLP,, we'd just sown out some Early Girl to find a male ,, to take this one outside,,, early bird catches the worm and all that ...hehe :D

Seems there's no need now... mans already been on the case. Respect. Great demonstration of cognitive breeding displayed :yes: :canabis:

peace peace peace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPXyVGzySJE
Nah fear Babylon!! Tell dem say,,, "I's a true ganja mon" :canabis:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Here's the Mystery Strain (aka 'the smelly one') growing outdoors - note the long, droopy Thai-like leaf-blades, which I would argue at least, show a distinct Northern Lights influence:

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
why do you guys think all the smelly types are NL?

why dose cheese come into the same "bracket"

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Hey, we're not all old...:)

I think Cheese is a fortunate pheno that has the same terpene profile as the NL - or rather the Afghanis originally used in the cross probably had the same terpene profile. No idea what Afghani stock Sam used for the Skunk lines, but it would have been likely to have originated around the same time as the original NL stock - but NL is as mysterious as any, given its heritage. All I know is that was an inbred Afghani crossed with a Thai, and then inbred lots more.

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Elevator Man said:
Hey, we're not all old...:)

I think Cheese is a fortunate pheno that has the same terpene profile as the NL - or rather the Afghanis originally used in the cross probably had the same terpene profile. No idea what Afghani stock Sam used for the Skunk lines, but it would have been likely to have originated around the same time as the original NL stock - but NL is as mysterious as any, given its heritage. All I know is that was an inbred Afghani crossed with a Thai, and then inbred lots more.

so cheese has the same "terpene profile"....and this has some link to a berry type profile??

doc did you buy anything from sssc...:)...i missed out on that!...i wish i was about at that time...its wickid how you can tell its a NL...ive never seen a NL,its to old....id never seen skunk till cheese....lol....this is the same for most of the world

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
FOE20 said:
[Since reading Lorans view I've changed my view to what he felt NL#5 was...
NL#5 = NL#1 x HP

My Take on NL#5.....
Well this is one of those Topics that seems to be in question allot...IMO not really but after quite a few years Ive come to my own conclusions..But its based on all kinds of info and convo's with all sorts of great folks.
I am looking for Arguments about my notes...I've added about every aspect to the view I can provide..Let me know what your feeling is and what you may know on the History of the Classic Northern Lights variety..
Ok heres some notes I keep........but this info is out there for all..

Aurora Borialis - (bred in California by Soul-Brothers Grimm)
Northern Lights - (bred in Pacific NW - Medical Multiple Sclerosis strain)
it gets ugly right about here........2nd rel of NL under a diff Seed Co and called a "Pure Indica"..won CCup 88,89 and 90
Northern Lights(SensiSeeds) - (at this point Sensi Seeds owned one of these..the listed in SSSC) - they picked up and listed this strain in..get this..88,89 and 90 in the SSSC catalog..
NL#1 - (then DPassion steps in..and fucks it up even more claims Dev in Seattle (heh..pac NW..duh)- perfected in Holland...(yea right..) it to be a True Breeding Stable and of Afghani Origins..NL#135A was only avil for a short time in 87-88)
NL#2 - aka Oasis DP (then later they release this?...no#2 Oasis?..why)
NL#5 - ( I believe this did exist as Basic#5 and was orig the #135A later simplified to NL#5...amen.)
NL#9 - mixed hybrid of 3 strains from Sagarmatha..

Ok my Take.....
Northern Lights is a hybrid made in PacNWest in 86-87 and rel in 87-88 as stated..
It is IMHO NL is a Kush x Afghani to start with or vice versa..Then Later I feel a Thai was Added to maybe gain Flavor or add larger range of effect...But This is only My concept of what is and what should be..Now my main prob is I hardly ever see a NL type display any Thai at all as far as a pure Thai Sat dom skinny ass plant that grows in Asia in that fucked up climate..Thats why what I look for is only certain looking phenos that I think relate directly back to these orig NL's..
hows that for somethin to read....heheh...so ...what ya think gents?..and wheres ndnguy...He might wana drop a line cause we both have a shine for the real NL's that arnt to watered down..
__________________________________________________ _____
ok heres another view...same base but someone else saying how it went down..What gets me is how they say NL#5 is a NL#2 x SS NLights which was ..called Basic#5..eesh..I think at some point it was bx'd to itslef and the breeders didnt even realize they did it...heheh...wouldnt that be a trip..

posted October 22, 2000 07:04 PM :MisterIto
I got familiar with the Northern lights family back in the 1980's when Nevil's Seed Bank offered the whole lineup. The original Northern Lights family is quite diverse.

Northern Lights 1 was a single stalked, compact plant with a moderate Afghani smell. No one offers this classic version at this time. A strong plant and buzz.

Northern Lights 2 was a sturdy, pine tree shaped with a musty and piney odor. Dutch Passion (Oasis) and THSeeds (Closet Queen) currently offer versions.

Northern Lights 2 X 5 from The Seed Bank was very bushy and resinous with a strong juniper berry smell. A truly remarkable hybrid not offered by anyone.

Northern Lights 5 is a variety Nevil of The Seed Bank said was only available pure as a cutting. BCSC Northern Lights 5 is REALLY Northern Lights 2 X Sensi's Northern Lights, inbred and stabilized. It appeared BCSC was the first in selling in seed form. They are selling something quite different under the same name.

Northern Lights 9 X 5 "disappeared" when Nevil sold his genetics to Sensi Seeds. This is the only original Northern Lights 9 genetics source to my knowledge.

These are the original Northern Lights breeding lines from which today's versions arose. Sensi Seed Bank sells Northern Lights with no number attached. Having access to Nevil's original genetics, my guess is that they crossed an Northern Lights 1 male to their Northern Lights 5 mother and stabilized the results. Northern Lights Special is a hybrid from KC Brains in Holland of Sensi's Northern Lights crossed to a Haze female.

Northern Lights 9
was only sold in seed form as a hybrid to the Northern Lights 5 mother plant by Nevil at The Seed Bank during the late 1980's. Sagarmatha receives a lot of their strains delivered to them as a finished product from outside breeders. It is possible that someone produced these seeds. The known fact of a Northern Lights 9 male existing meant purebred seed should have been possible to produce, unless it was a male only strain. Trichome Technologies has Northern Lights 6, a member of the family I have never heard of.
------------------
Peace...MisterIto

-----------------------------------------------------

Now after 11 yrs with the supposed Reeferman NL#5 Pure I held a bro of mine bought from either BCSC or SSSC or the SeedBank..I said scrw it and asked the big dog.....his reply made my day needles to say...

Well I hope you enjoy the work I put into this and welcome any input...
Im running some older stock to re-Work what I feel is some real NL5 from back in the day..Melt your brain goodness...Im using NL#5 older stock from BCSC now to compare but it seems very similar but the version I keep I feel has acclimatized a bit and grows a bit more petite after 10+ yrs..Smells n all are almost identical..I have high hopes..
FOE20

so where do the psycho and blues come into this.....is it just the profile from the afghan??

Northern Lights 2 X 5 from The Seed Bank was very bushy and resinous with a strong juniper berry smell. A truly remarkable hybrid not offered by anyone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts