What's new

uk clone only! (and british bred strains)

Status
Not open for further replies.

indifferent

Veteran
I haven't seen that Purple Afghan for a while, brings back good memories. Wonder if anyone still has that cut?

Highland Oaxacan Gold, think it was 14 weeks but I lost track, this is the plant I blasted with UV and it is really psychedelic, lovely stuff, inspired me to embark on a new series of paintings.

Attachments

• DSCF2020.jpg
    DSCF2020.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCF2021.jpg
    DSCF2021.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF2026.jpg
    DSCF2026.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF2027.jpg
    DSCF2027.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 8

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice flowers indifferent and BeAn :yes: LGA just rediscovered some of the '1977/8 Oaxacan' seeds. Looking good.

Peace n flowers all :joint:

indifferent

Veteran
Nice find Doc. I had a lot of ph and fert issues with that plant cos it hated the soilmix I planted her in so yield was well down from what she has done in the past, but was still around 25-30g I think, didn't weigh it. The UV I am sure has had some effect on potency and taste, she's smelling and tasting like mentholated piney petrol this time and is tastier imho, the high seems very strong, but if she is stronger than before I'm not 100% sure.

I would be delighted to be able to work with the LGA to preserve an Oaxacan variety, she is well worth saving. I'm hopefully going to be able to cross her to Ethiopian Highland, Durban Poison and Colombian Gold males before too long. There might be an Angolan x Banghi and Lesotho x Uzbeki male or two to play with as well, currently on a landrace sativa tip and looking for interesting males.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
"And in the cream of the crop we linked the muddy fam,
in it for the love of the game and not the money man,
and we was working the caves, and sitting burning grams
night came working the stage for half a dozen fans" chester p

Goldfinger [Elevator Man]

picture.php

indifferent

Veteran
Looks like you had the same kind of wrestling bout with your Goldfinger as I had with mine! She is a wild one but well worth it.

Some pics of when I did the Goldfinger in coco about 3 years ago, roughly the same stage of flowering as yours I think.

Attachments

• DSCF0025.jpg
    DSCF0025.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF0024.jpg
    DSCF0024.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCF0015.jpg
    DSCF0015.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF0013.jpg
    DSCF0013.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
B

BeAn

yeah man, for sure...that one is a great manifestation of positive traits...the malawi come down is non existant...great smoke, did like the taste of malawi, but not the comedown, n the GF has the taste + earthy shrooms, the great onset of high, then no bad feelings when ya on the back end....:)

another reason why our UK scene has more minerals than the yanks, went in the growshop yesterday, fuking rammo, people still growing NL#5 n skunk#1, but theres plenty of people growing seed from there own shizzle, lets make 2010 the best year yet.....:)

All or nothing...:smokeit:

indifferent

Veteran
I love the taste of the GF too, mushrooms sounds familiar. Only thing I didn't care for was the excessive mouth drying it causes, you have to have a drink at hand when smoking it.

13 weeks and she is awesome, let her go 15 and boomshakala let the cerebral cortex erupt!

Only reason I didn't keep her long term was I had this Blueberry x Zamal/haze that was even better. Lost that cut sadly but got some of those going from seed now looking for a new keeper.

Attachments

• DSCF0027.jpg
    DSCF0027.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF0014.jpg
    DSCF0014.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 8
  • DSCF0010.jpg
    DSCF0010.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF0025.jpg
    DSCF0025.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 5

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Goldfinger is one wild lady,, she loves her feed at 1.8ec ,,, every other feed,, organic tea style,, she doesnt show any of her crystals till after 50 days,,, and then she starts to stack it out,,, nice smell if you rub her,, she's a sexy lady,,, :joint:

phildea

cuttings/clones from femminised seeds

cuttings/clones from femminised seeds

Hi, everyone im new here just starting my first gro very soon, i got some femminised seeds can anyone tell me weather i can take cuttings off these plants or not a friend of mine reckons because they are femminised that you carnt can anyone help oh yeah and i have been doing a bit of research into biochar has anyone else tried it and does it make a big difference to yeild? cheers Phildea.

indifferent

Veteran
I agree Doc, she is wild, grows lots of small buds all over a huge plant, typical African sativa profile. I didn't see the Malawi Eman used in the flesh but it was the Seedsman one which I know well from my own Malawi growing years ago. There are only really two phenos, one your classic xmas tree type and the other what I call an octopus type, grows lots of long branches with small bugs all over a huge plant so I suspect he used that pheno.

You can see a similar trait in my BB x ZH as the Zamal also had a similar structure but the Haze it was crossed to gave it a bit more size to the buds so the tops formed colas. The blueberry just gave it a little more size, resin and density.

I managed to get the Goldfinger to ec 1.9 with canna A+B, Atami PK13-14 and Maxicrop so she does like to eat. I agree about the crystals appearing late but that is also typical of sats, the pure Africans i have going now are like that although I have one that is showing very promising early resin.

First two pics are that Goldfinger I showed, not sure how many days it was at, last two pics are my promising African. The African is very nute sensitive, growing her in coco is a bit of a challenge, I fried her a little by giving her an ec 1.4 chem feeding early one as you can tell by the burnt tips so since she has been on a mostly organic diet of molasses, seaweed, humic acid, liquid silicon and 2-1-4 organic liquid and appears to like it. She's still not stopped putting on height and looks like she will take at least 16 weeks so I suspect she is an equatorial variety, the lack of fan leaves, small leaf size and extremely thin leaves all suggest so.

Hybridising these pure sats can produce some stunning plants with unique exotic tastes and highs but without the worst of the difficulties of growing the pure form such as sensitivity to feeding, extreme flower time and overall lack of adaptation to the indoor environment.

Doc, Goldfinger took 13 weeks in coco for me and i did all the usual tricks to make her finish - cutting out all N after 8 weeks, keeping her in a small pot etc so I expect yours with organic feeding and larger pot is gonna need 14-15 but she is well worth it, the taste is rich, earthy and complex, there are all kinds of menthol, mushrooms and spice in there to enjoy, every toke can taste different and the effect is far closer to that of a pure sativa than sativa dom commercial hybrids. She is also a good plant to practice your tying up techniques as she is a floppy girl and needs a lot of support in late flower, her stems stay thin but are strong.

Attachments

• DSCF1949.jpg
    DSCF1949.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 5
  • DSCF1957.jpg
    DSCF1957.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCF0026.jpg
    DSCF0026.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCF0027.jpg
    DSCF0027.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 4

indifferent

Veteran
Hi, everyone im new here just starting my first gro very soon, i got some femminised seeds can anyone tell me weather i can take cuttings off these plants or not a friend of mine reckons because they are femminised that you carnt can anyone help oh yeah and i have been doing a bit of research into biochar has anyone else tried it and does it make a big difference to yeild? cheers Phildea.

Yes, you can clone a feminised seed plant, lots of cuts are from such seeds. OG Kush and East Coast Sour Diesel were both bagseeds from a hermie pollination which makes them similar to a feminised seed plant and they have ben cloned a bazillion times now.

Biochar is good stuff, it is a key part of the Terra Preta soil of the Amazon basin. If you like to use organic soil mixes, biochar would be a good ammendment. You have to burn the wood to make it at a low temperature otherwise you get ash rather than charcoal and wood ash is very strong in K which would possibly burn your plants.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Here's the Malawi momma I used to make all the Goldfingers in circulation - it was a beauty, if a little leafy, and went to 15 weeks. I've never been able to let a Goldfinger go beyond 12 weeks personally, but that's more down to scheduling than anything else...;)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Here's the two original Goldfingers I grew out - these were from the other Flo male I used - the green indica. These phenos were much more Malawi-leaning than the current one, which used a purple sativa Flo as the father.

indifferent

Veteran
Yeah, very Malawi dominant looking. Was there a reason why you discarded the original and made the second version? The original too long flowering and airy like the Malawi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts