What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

uk cheese in bio-bizz

B

BeAn

Too many variables to hazard a guess, veg long enough and you could pull a few Oz's per plant...its Skunk#1 at the end of the day, should do well in most conditions. :joint:

ok, cheers bean. on my next grow im going to get an envirolite and veg for longer, probably gunna scrog next time aswell.

wot do you people think of enviros, worth buying??

B

BeAn

The envirolites are great for supplementing your HID, in my experiance using them on their own produces popcorn buds if your canopy isnt 100% flat...checkout my diary if ya wanna see them in action.:D

well i was thinking of buying a 200 watt blue spec and a 250 watt red spec envirolite, and then use smaller cfls at the side, so do you reckon it wud be best to scrog them in to get a better yeild.

the reason i want enviro's is becoz i dont like leaving my 600 watt (wire yourself) hps on the timers when im not around.

yeh bean im gunna check out your grow diary rite now.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran

A picture from last week of little cheeses and others under a 200W blue Envirolight (horizontal) and a 250W blue envirolight (vertical).

This is my first time using CFLS and namely envirolights, but I'm really impressed so far with the growth I'm getting compared to my HPS. I'm going to run the 250W in the XL tent alongside the 600W hps for full spectrum goodness.

London grower - more lights the better so long as your ventilation is sorted. So thats a thumbs up from me on the envirolights. :wave:

yeh they look good sammet. those enviros look massive, so you reckon 450 watts cfl + side lighting wud be a good choice for like say a 4 plant scrog?

DAY 22 FLOWER

DAY 22 FLOWER

rite its been over a week since i last uploaded any pictures, in that time i decided to buy two 200 watt envirolites, with a view to using them on my next grow, but the day they arrived my 600w hps decided to give up on me so ive switched over to my enviros, (must say that at the moment im very impressed with them) im hoping this wont cause stress to the plants and affect my yeild but i had no other choice.

anyway they're really thriving at present and have just completed 3 weeks flower, nice buds starting to form and plenty of crystals present, so far im very pleased with how things are goin.

the enviro's allow for better picture taking, so here we go..

Queso45

Your plants are lookin real good man. I've noticed your info under your username says you're currently growning Big Buddha Cheese and White Rhino... but this topic says UK cheese.

Is this UK cheese or Big Buddha Cheese?

Also it looks to me like your stems are kind of red... is this a common thing with this strain?

^^^ good question!

if its the original clone then
'now i dont know whether ive been told sum bullshit, but the guy in the shop where i bought my bio-bizz sed that i wudnt need any nutes for 6 weeks because they're already in the mix (it's bio-biz all mix)' is BS !!!!

The original cheese clone does very well thank you on 'all mix' using the recomended Bio Bizz nutrients (bio grow / bio bloom / top max) in the recomended amounts - the only change to bio-bizz's schedule which i would recommend is to flush for at least 14 days rather than the 10 days on their schedule

Having said that if you are growing trees in very large pots then the nutes in allmix may last 6 weeks (but i have never tried it)

and sorry but reducing from a 600w HPS to 2 200w envirolights will reduce your yield

DON'T PANIC IT'S ORGANIC ! :joint:

Last edited:
well spotted mate, when i signed up to this site my mate used it and he grew bb cheese, but when i bought my cuttings there was sum confusion, and i thought id got white rhino, but 2 weeks or so later i found out it was uk cheese, so i gotta change that anyway.

annoyed to hear my yeild will suffer, but i had no choice, i didnt plan to use the enviros untill this crop was finished, but shit happens, im gunna get sum smaller cfl's at the sides to make sure the lower bud sites get enough light.

is it true wat ive heard that to get good yeilds off enviros its best to scrog?

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
To get good yeilds off anything it's good to scrog. In fact, I scrog under my 600W Cooltube. Going from the almighty mega-power of the 600HPS back to envirolights will, like brightside said, reduce yields :( Some people claim the cfls give lighter/airier buds than hps too, so get that HPS fixed asap! :wave:

oh and with the red stems, im not sure but from what ive been told it has something to do with the difference in the temps at day and night, and at night when its cooler the leaf stems turn purple.

this could also be absolute bullshit,

someone was also saying that if you get the right spectrum of enviros (blue and red) they should produce good quality bud with a little less then usual yeild or same yeild but not as good quality.

its all hearsay tho,

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's all related London grower. Cool nightime temperatures do make plants go red/purple and the stems. So does a Phosphorous deficiency. It doesn't help that having Cold weather (below 50F/10C) can make phosphorous absorption very troublesome for plants.

But then genetically some plants just have a red/purple stem colour.

This Oasis I've got definately doesn't have any deficiencies, but night temps get into the mid 60s sometimes - see purple stems :wave:

alrite guys, got a question for you. recently sum of the leaves on my plants have been getting yellowish/light green tips that end up crispy, do you reckon this is a sign of under-watering, im watering every 3-4 days and they're taking about 800ml each untill it pours out the bottom, or do you think its time to buy sum nutes.

im planning to upload sum more pictures this evening so you can get and idea what im talking about.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Sammet, :wave:

Cool thread. Snap :D

Cheese, Bio-Biz All-Mix,, 1 n 18 days 12/12 approx.:

peace n cheese
DocLeaf :joint:

Last edited:
day 32 flower

day 32 flower

ok then just a few update pics for you. four and a half weeks into flower, loads of thc, enviros working well, five weeks left.

oh yeh and MERRY CHRISTMAS to all, have a good one.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Alright LG? How's that Cheese looking? It must be less than a month left til it finishes? :wave: