What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UK Cheese, Hindu Kush x Master Kush, Selected White Rhino & Revegging Hashberry

A.N.Other

hi, hola, olá, salut, ciao, tag, dag, privet, marhaba, habari, o t’ojo meta, ote kwana, sannu, sawàt dii, senang berkenalan dengan anda, dozo yoroshiku and last but not least, yo!

greetings done let's move on. i hope everyone is well, safe and high! hehe.

there is a bit of variation in the garden for this next thread so it is going to be difficult to organise into any meaningful order so please excuse the possible random nature of this thread, i'll do my best, hehe.

first up let's do the shiz that is consistant for all the plants. They are chilling under 50wpsqf of florescent lighting and will go under 50+wpsqf of HID for further veg when ready and flowered under the same. in the pot right now is a 70/30 mix of JI#1:perlite, when they go into there next set of pots they will go into the same mix but with JI#2 & 3 at a 50/50 ratio. i currently use bio bizz grow and bloom with a couple of minor additions but may go back to canna-terra next time I buy fert as I think I prefer it.

let's start chronologically, youngest to oldest I guess. first up in this order come the hindu kush x master kush. these are a bit of a shot in the dark really, i have a bunch of packets of these that have been freebies (known as Troublemaker) and having seen a cool thread here by SpacedCWBY where there is a nice looking 6 week pheno I reckon thy are worth a run.

i germed 5 and got 5 healthy looking seedlings, they are a few weeks old now, i can't say exactly having been a bit slack with documenting this round. not long though. so far they are very consistant, 4 are basically copies of each other, squat, tight internodes, good secondary development, same dark green foliage and bang on leaf profiles. The 5th is a little different longer intenodal distance but slower growth in terms of nodes so about the same size as the others. Could be the boy?

They started life in 4 inch pots and are now in 6 inchers.

next up is the hashberry, this is a pheno selected from a current crop of Hashberry (see sig). I wasn't going to take a cut (I generally don't first seed run) but this example is a particularly nice one of eight so i broke and took a cutting at 3 weeks in. she has rooted and is slowly reverting in a 4 inch pot, we'll see how she goes.

second oldest is the white rhino, which i call the funky rhino as unlike most examples of wr i have tried she has an exceptionally strong aroma when finished, arguably more pungent than the cheese. i don't know much about the source of this cut as it has been passed around but i assume it is a little different stock to the current examples I see around as it seems to lean to the more sativa side of the hybrid.

i have a couple of cuts of this so one is destined for mother hood and the other for a quick veg and flower to see how she does in this op. they are both chilling in 4 inchers.

eldest is the legendary (in the UK) cheese. this is the sensi we all wanted when we were teens and the story behind the strain is a wonderful one. i was too young to remember haz manor but the cut is still circulating amongst like minded folk.

cf from UK420 said:
cheese is skunk no1 , my mate germed it in 88/89,another mate christened it a couple of years later,i took the plant to luton whre it was disseminated freely by my brethren from the exodus collective

again i have a couple of cuts of this in 4 inchers so one is destined for mother hood and the other for a quick veg and flower to see how she does in this op. i am a little wary of mites as the cheese is a mite trap so will be pre emptively spraying late in veg and for the first week of flower.

Grow safe and strong icmag.

Gangabiss

free your SELF
Veteran
Very nice lineup there man. I'll be keeping an eye on this one :lurk:

I'm especially interested to see how those HKxMK turn out.

Hope all goes well in your garden :joint:

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Great start, i'm in :woohoo:

Where did those HKxMK come from? Are they out of the POK range? :chin:

Very interested in those, I'll pull up a chair :joint:

Gangabiss

free your SELF
Veteran
Alex-F said:
Great start, i'm in :woohoo:

Where did those HKxMK come from? Are they out of the POK range? :chin:

Very interested in those, I'll pull up a chair :joint:

I believe they were given away as freebies from Dr. Chronic a while ago. Not sure if he's still giving them away but you can buy them at his site for £25.

If you're looking for a winner m/h kush plant then this should be the mix to grow I would think...I'm considering buying a couple of packs to search for a nice mother.

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Interesting. :chin:

They were actually given away as freebies over Seedsdirect about 3-4 years ago. I wonder if these are the same or just a cross of the same parent strains. :chin:

That was my thought too though, if you're after a killer Kush, this is where to look. :yes:

G

bro looks like a.n.other (pun intended) great grow will be pulling up the bean bag and i nice 1hitr and watch this show !
:lurk:
keep it growing green!!!

A.N.Other

ola people.

hey gangabiss, thanks man, welcome, same to you bean.

ola alex, gangabiss is spot on, freebies from the docs shop. i had thought these were a shot in the dark and only had one thread to go on so the interest from you guys is another bit of positive news. i like the sound of a killer kush. i want some night time medicine. i never know where to sit with the "kush", geographically it's such a diverse region with so many microclimates no one strain could be representaive of the area but with the slant put on the name by western growers/breeders I have always assumed an indica kush var would be pretty narcotic.

hey walkabout, pun away bros! just keep that 1-hitter filled, hehe.

no real update except to say I have pinched the tops out of all the 4 bushy kushs (too lazy right now to train) as well as a couple of A11 that are in with this run. the hashberry is starting to turn around and veg so there should be some decent new growth over the next week or so and the WR and Cheese have both rooted nicely and have settled in well.

A.N.Other

hehe pussface. there are better ways to consume the cheese but each to their own ya know! hehe. just don't kiss ya mother straight after!

hola neil, sweet or salted? :smile:

no real update again, just passing reference to the fact that the Hashberry has turned the corner and is weel on the way to normal growth, quick turnaround, she's been back under veg lighting for about three weeks, a week of week was rooting.

the cheese and wr are taking time to show any really growth despite looking OK so they are for now still in quarantine.

have a good weekend all. :wave:

A.N.Other

ola alex, do it man, always nice to have another resource and someone to share thoughts with. having looked at your homage to Cindy I have no doubts any seeds you plant will turn out great!

nothing much to update except to say the WR has some new growth coming strong and healthy and this will go into the veg box proper, the Cheese is 70% there, she is still having a little strop about being in transit but new growth is coming.

Cheese

WR

the MK x HK are responding OK to being topped. the only non conforming type has been chucked into a spare space under bloom lighting just to confirm it is male along with another random plant, if it is in fact a girl then she will come back into the veg room potentially. it hadn't been potted up and had only just been topped so I'm not expecting anything from it. thinking about it now I don't even know why it went in. growers madness I guess!!

the hashberry is will be ready to have cuts taken in a couple of weeks.

:wave:

Guvnor

Nice list of goodies there A.N - Seen some of ya work over @ the U.K thread, very nice sir :yes:

How you find the John Innes? I've tried most pre-made soil's, done alot of work with canna and bio-biz's mixtures- but everytime, I always come back to Joh Innes. After you've added a few treats, its the best soil around Imo.

Looking good mate, and might catch ya in the U.k'er's thread, really need to update that- Got some lovely treats I really should post up!

All The Best
Guv'nah :wave:

G

Hey an, definetly sweet :)
That Rhino cut sounds like the like one of my favorite plants/pheno's. Serious Candy :)
Keep it green and smoky!

B

BeAn

Lookin' great dude, keep up the good shit!! :lurk:

Yo garden is gonna stink like a chunk of the yellow stuff..pegs at the ready boys!! :sasmokin:

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
A.N Other my brother... what's up? Definitely great plants to be growing man!
I dont know if you have grown these before? But except for the cheese, I have grown them all. And let me tell you, you are in for a treat! At least I think I have?
I had some freebie from Dr Chronic> It was that cross...but it was called troublemaker. Is that the same stuff? I had one plant and I had to give it to a friend to finish, it was female! He sent me some not long ago. Very nice, f@#K you way up type herb!

Peace and safety 1st, Big D! :sasmokin:
the D stands for Dont smoke to much hindu kush x master kush!

A.N.Other

hey guvnor :wave: thanks for stopping in man. definitely stop by the UK thread, it's a little slow in there; we need to get that thread in resuscitation, CLEAR. hehe.

i must admit like you i have tried a few different compost mixes but always return to JI. I have even tried making my own according to the ratio found all over web (like here but it's much less hassle to just buy it! i tried more earth friendly composts and had patchy luck, some had horrible consistancy, other were good but unreliable in terms of quality (mushrooms, soil born pests etc) so i recently returned to JI via a couple of different mixes inc. bio bizz. I like it's loamy/sandy consistancy, add a little prelite and you achieve bang on drainage with very little effort. The thing with the JI is that not only is it good it is also common and cheap (homebase, 3 for 9 quid!) which can only be a bonus. My conscience would feel better to use something with no peat and organic but I think I make better/more effective efforts to be green elsewhere!

you mention added treats, what do you add to your mix? you also mention biobizz, do you have any experience with their nutrient line? I am using it at the moment (again for fairly whimsical reasons) but have dropped the top maxx (adds a taste that can overwhelm the more subtle flavours in the flowers themselves) and am swaying away from the line full stop. It may be me not getting dialled in right yet or maybe a poor/past sell by date batch so I am always interested to here others experiences. thanks agains for stopping in.

ola neil, hope you're well :wave: thanks man, i haven't grown this cut yet but have smoked the end product both from a cc hydro grow and a headstash dirt grow, both were very good quality. we'll see how it goes.

привет bean :wave: good to have you along for the ride. your recent mite experiences may be invaluable now the cheese is back! :sasmokin: a very small population is somewhere in the garden (veg) but i HOPE i have it in hand. famous last words??

sup big d! thanks for the vibes man. yes bros they're the same beans, troublemaker, like the sounds'a'that. and i always like the sound of "f@#K you way up type herb". night time medicine. how was the grow for you bros? grow strong :wave:

owsaboutalittleupdate.

troublemakers are bushing up slowly, not massive vigour but not poor either. wr have taken and are off, no stopping these, one has taken a more friendly mother creating shape so she by default has been selected to stay for awhile and her sister we'll be potted up and thrown into flower at some point soon, when she is ready. the cheese has taken but is slow to really show any hard veg growth, i'll keep an eye on her and for now just assume she is a little slow in veg. all incoming cuts will be put in a 6" pot in a day or so, roots have reached the bottom of the 4" starters. hashberry is happy. all very uneventful really. nice but uneventful.

smoke?

:wave:

A.N.Other

Pictures to go with the above.

Hashberry, revegging nicely, this is about 18 days after the cuts started to root:

HK x MK:

Cheese, getting along but no huge vigour yet:

White Rhino, starting to turn it on, these are in full happy vigorous veg growth and are ready to be put in larger pots. tis the weekend so might not get done til monday, hehe:

Group shot of Cheese and WR (cheese on da left, WR on the right):

Hope everyone in IC world is free, happy and high. :wave:

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
Veeeeeeeeeeerry interesting if I do say so myself :chin:

14246HK_x_MK_-_early_veg_2_01.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts