What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UK Cheese Breeding Project

Rockster

Hi all,

I've been working with the Cheese(1989 Sk#1 F1) for the last few months and have crossed her with a Sensi Seeds Skunk#1 2008 ibl of which I have 9 now growing out for evaluation purposes and a few F2 seeds for storage.

As space is at a premium they are on 12/12 from seed and are 9 weeks in and share the grow with:

5 Cheese clones (for first backcross with 2 different males)
1 Cheese clone (STS reversed and selfed for S1)
3 Shebergan Indica landrace (for first cross with the Cheese)
2 ACE Seeds pure Haze (for first cross with the Cheese)

Of the 9 Cheese x Sk#1,2 are indica in appearance,the other seven are typical sativa and look very like the Cheese although the Cheese trait being recessive is not exhibited in this first cross.

Of those 7,pheno #9 has been named 'Sick Girl' because she is producing resin in an almost perverted manner,oh yes,she really shouldn't be allowed ho ho! :yummy:

Oh look at me yammering on,must be the BlueCheese oil.....:noway:

H

Hazeseeker

nice 1 bro, gonna tag along for this 1, i've also made a cross with the Exodus Uk Cheese clone, i crossed it to a NL#5xHaze male from Sensi Seeds to make Northern Cheese Haze,

so have you already reversed the Uk Cheese?, i've heard the real Uk Cheese is impossible to reverse with it being a true breeding variety, got any pics of the Uk Cheese during that process ?

peace

Rockster

Hi Hazeseeker,

I think you meant the Cheese isnt a truebreeding variety?

Yes mate you are right as selfed Cheese would express as an F2 population wouldnt it?

But if you find a Cheese pheno within that,that can be subsequently worked on for the S2 generation methinks?

I've already reversed it(in my last grow) and am applying pollen today and have another STS reversed clone just starting to show male bits.

How do you upload so pics are visible?

Attachments

• CSC_0021-1.jpg
    CSC_0021-1.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 16

Rockster

A few pics of the Cheese/Sk#1 cross.

Attachments

• DSC_0002-2.jpg
    DSC_0002-2.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC_0009-1.jpg
    DSC_0009-1.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC_0023-1.jpg
    DSC_0023-1.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC_0028-1.jpg
    DSC_0028-1.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 13
C

cork144

i assume selfing the uk cheese to itself, will give varied plants, and wont be the same as the original skunk #1 pheno, prahaps just aload of old school genetic skunk phenos.

SuperConductor

Veteran
Nice work Rockster, should be a good smoke. Cheese or skunk aren't f1s btw, skunk is an IBL truebreeding for desired traits but feck knows what cheese is technically. Not true breeding mostly, seems hit and miss wether that smell is passed on, how is the smell of you Cheese/skunk? Has it passed the stink on?
Have you grown out any of the s1s yet? Many have said cheese s1s aren't much cop, probably because skunks's already pretty inbred and sts-ing is the most intensive form of inbreeding possible leading to spindly mutants.

For big pics you need to uplaoid to yor gallery then copy and paste the image code into your post, takes two tabs.

Rockster

Hi guys,thanks for popping in.:smoke:

@Superconductor.Well as far as I am aware my friend,the Cheese is Sensi Seeds Skunk #1 circa 1989 which was an F1 at the time and I've crossed her with a 2008 Sk#1 Ibl daddy.

The Cheese chemotype is recessive,so as expected,has not exhibited true 'cheeseyness' but I'm expecting something in the first backcross and will go on to cube it although don't expect a finished job from that!

After backcrossing will also inbreed for an F2 population and see what pop ups there but temper that with the fact I'm working with limited plant numbers so I'll need a bit of good fortune but he who dares eh?

Selfing the Cheese gives F2's as it's heterozygous but if you look within that population and find a true example of the Cheese,upon selfing that you should get a population that has a significant percentage of true Cheese within them.At least that's my understanding of things as I'm learning in realtime.

But temper that with the fact you are inbreeding,going down an alleyway,if ya like,so who knows whats on the road ahead but hey,that's the fun of it.

This first cross,7 of 9 girls look like the Cheese very closely,if I took a cut and put them side by side it would be hard to tell.I've snipped and dried a bud for evaluation and it's quite a sweet smoke but you can't really tell much from that but will be interested to see what the final bud turns out like compared to the Skunk#1.

@Cork.Yes,you are perfectly correctamundo mate.

@maryjane.Glad you like ma'am.:smile:

Attachments

• DSC_0008-11.jpg
    DSC_0008-11.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 9
  • CSC_0040-1.jpg
    CSC_0040-1.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 14

Rockster

We are about 9 1/2 weeks 12/12 from seed.

Average plant height about 85cm which is nice and manageable for the 8 pot Wilma system they are in.

Attachments

• DSC_0022-1.jpg
    DSC_0022-1.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 9
  • CSC_0046.jpg
    CSC_0046.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC_0051.jpg
    DSC_0051.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 14

Rockster

A few pics,I think they have about 3 weeks to go.:smile:

Hi Stevius and Schizophrenic,thanks for dropping by.The camera is a Nikon D60 with a Sigma 70mm macro and Sigma ringflash.

A Cheese clone after STS application.

Latest posts

Latest posts