What's new

UK: 20 Plants = A Cannabis Factory

Tokesome

Chronic man, where are you at. Maybe you should subscribe to the Daily Record or Daily Mail.

A factory implies a workforce and constant production and is again a way of making us all sound like we`re gangster because of the illegality. Bedroom grow would be more accurate, but that doesn`t sound like much.

ie. a) He had a bedroom grow

b) he was running a cannabis factory

Jeez come on man, shame on you!

Our situation is no different from the Prohibition days, oh, except for the fact that weed has nowhere near the amount of problems that comes with alcohol, and that it has many proven benefits as well as being relatively harmless (ie. no ills in society due to cannabis) way of relaxing and enjoyment.

Is there anything wrong with growing an excess and selling some to friends etc., (remember the work and the care you`ve put in and the running costs), for either their enjoyment, medical use or both. Yes in the eyes of a law passed based on the misinformation of a propaganda campaign from the 30`s, but not in the minds of the average jo/jane in the street.

Big Brother and the Fucking Killjoys, dont be stupid enough to buy into their crap please.

:rant: sorry:rant:

I`ve been busted before so have a very personal viewpoint. They took several plants just prior to harvest (a few grands worth), and cautioned me. Lucky perhaps? bullshit more like, I`m no bad guy! I counted it as tax and wondered what happened to my weed. . . . incinerated my arse!! I bet the equipment they took was sold in police auctions too, some other dude is probably still growing with my gear.

You might not be able to change the opinions of the media and powers at be, but you can still be proud of what you do and feel good, morally, about what you do.

T

Chronic777

I've already been told!
Although i don't get how 20 plants is for personal use, sorry i just dont get it
The only feaseable reason to grow 20+ plants for perosnal use is if your gonna extract THC oil as medicine for a serious disease
(as then you need about 500grams to extract a months supply of THC oil)

Lets at least be honest here, nobody that i know smokes 20 plants worth of weed in the space of a seed to harvest turnover

How did you get busted? (if you know)

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
It depends on how your grow is set up.....

My setup maxed out is about 20 plants....9 in flower (in 1.4L pots) and about a dozen seedlings in veg.

I don't grow enough for even my own personal use.

Plant numbers are meaningless when a plant can yield anything between an eighth of an ounce and 2 pounds depending on how you grow it....

Chronic777

Maybe i should be more clear, im talking about 20 full grown indoor indica plants
All i can say is that would be too much for me for 'personal' use
In 4 months id say i smoke under 2 ounces (ifits high grade bud) so one fully grown plant per harvest would suit me just fine...

grimweeder

it really is a postcode lottery as to wot sentence you get here if busted in the uk, were i am thankfully people tend to get cautions for small numbers or fined/cs for larger numbers, the guy who owns my local grow shop used to grow commercially an has been busted 3 times with over 200 plants a time, first time he got let of with a suspended sentence/fine etc, second time was 6 month inside (do 3) an a fine i think, the 3rd time he got another 6 months (do 3 locked up) an a hefty £100,000 fine to be paid in 6 months or do another 6 months inside an still pay the fine.
all in all thats a pretty lenient sentencing giving the situation(besides the fine).
but a lot of areas would have you locked up straight away for first time caught with a few hundred for commercial an for a few years to, which is bollocks considering you can kill someone whilst drunk driving an do less time inside than some disabled person growing a few plants for their medicine as the shitty NHS fails to provide wots needed.
i grow for personal/medicinal only an smoke an oz an week so does me partner so we need to grow more than 20 plants a time to see us through. shit man id grow 100 plants an itd still be purely percy.
the papers jus make me laugh at the misinformation they print it used to piss me off but now all i can do is laugh at it.
as for the gov ever changing the law then anyone whose looked into which parties are actually available to vote for an their policies would see or have seen that the lib dems would decriminalise cannabis an allow small time local supply whilst applying to the UN to get more fuller legalisation on the way an have a fully controled/regulated market.
so if you wanna see a change vote lib dems, its the best shot there is.

V1AAA

lets say you get an 1/8 per seedling, and 20g off each of the 20

so over 400g's per grow

if your grow takes 15 weeks from seed that equals 27g's a week.

which is easy to smoke

thats if you smoke the scrap as well. most dont they throw it away or into the bubble bags

also, if your producing doesnt that mean your gonna run again after you pull them out? wheres the proof you were gonna re-run the room?

another thing to think about...

some people only run once per year. grow enough for the year in 1 hit. so some would need 1500g's for the year

1 more thing... if it was your 1st run how can they say you were producing if you never actually pulled anything out of the room? proof of this from when you moved into the place. lets say you moved in 8 weeks before they busted you???

if you run with 10 x 600w and they catch you with a mother/clone room on top, then i would say your not a personal user

grimweeder

Maybe i should be more clear, im talking about 20 full grown indoor indica plants
All i can say is that would be too much for me for 'personal' use
In 4 months id say i smoke under 2 ounces so one fully grown plant per harvest would suit me just fine...
lol id love to smoke that much in 4 months, 2 ounces would last me on my own 2 weeks maximum an thats not turnin it into hash jus vapin/bongin pure bud
i grow over 20 full grown plants an its still not enough i think youl find every grower/toker is different an consumes different amounts depending on our individual lifestyle. someone should only be done for supplying if there is solid evidence like hand to hand transactions, scales baggies, weighed up weed etc etc.
even then having scales an baggies doesnt mean your a dealer. they come in very very handy especially if you buy weed or other drugs in the uk. i still soemtimes have to buy the odd bit of bud still as i run out.

Tokesome

I've already been told!
Although i don't get how 20 plants is for personal use, sorry i just dont get it
The only feaseable reason to grow 20+ plants for perosnal use is if your gonna extract THC oil as medicine for a serious disease
(as then you need about 500grams to extract a months supply of THC oil)

Lets at least be honest here, nobody that i know smokes 20 plants worth of weed in the space of a seed to harvest turnover

How did you get busted? (if you know)

If youy were growing a sog grow you could expect a 1/4 oz per plant.

That isn`t the point of this thread though, the woman in the article didn`t say it was just for personal use, she was just stupid enough to say she was doing it for money. Be proud of what you do, but that doesn`t mean be honest with the law enforcers when enforcing a law that is based on dishonesty and distorted views.

You`re putting yourself on a pedastal for only growing one plant, in some countries you could be executed for that. . . the law there doesn`t make it right. If someone was growing just one plant, but didn`t smoke it themself but instead sold it to someone that needed or wanted it for pleasure, would they be bad because they made money? Surely not much difference from the money you save on buying weed. If you do it 20x bigger, ie 20plants, it becomes something to frown upon?

Sorry but your ignorance is typical of the problem we as growers face and it needs correcting where possible.

T

Chronic777

lets say you get an 1/8 per seedling, and 20g off each of the 20

so over 400g's per grow

if your grow takes 15 weeks from seed that equals 27g's a week.

Im a first time grower, maybe im overestimating or something, but with 5 weeks veg & ten flower (15 weeks) im expecting at least an ounce from my plant, not just 20g!?

grimweeder

You smoke an ounce of high grade bud per week?
Thats me shutup again!

lol yea i do as long as its there otherwise il have to limit myself, il put half a gram in my volcano or a bit less in my v-tower an do anywhere from 5-10 of those a day, then theres my partner an she smokes jus pure spliffs no baccy, an does around the same although she usually stays around 6 spliffs a day or less.

grimweeder

Im a first time grower, maybe im overestimating or something, but with 5 weeks veg & ten flower (15 weeks) im expecting at least an ounce from my plant, not just 20g!?

I better not be going through this whole process for 20g!

depends on the strain mate, ive done a purple paki chitral plant that had 6 weeks veg 8 flower an gave 30 grams.(low low yeilding strain)
hate to say this but an ounce is only 28 grams anyway.
off of one plant vegged 5 weeks an flowered 10 depending on the strain ide expect anywhere from 2 - 5 ounces. or 60-150 grams. but its really strain dependant.
youl probably get like 80 grams or sumthing

Chronic777

I have around 1g of high grade in my vape and just burn a couple bags per night during the weekdays, alot more on the weekend, i used to smoke 1/4-1/2oz per week but that was buring it in j's, vape is so much more efficient!

Im hoping for 3oz from this plant, (excluding trim) id be very very happy with that for my first time
I'd still buy bud every now & then, just not every week, paying £20 for 1.5g

Tokesome im not putting myself on a pedestal, im new to growing so yes im ignorant about it, im just trying to understand how 20 full grown plants can be for personal use, im starting to see though... im not saying its bad or demonizing commercial growers at all, i love commercial growers, ive used them for years!

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
1 It's in Scotland .... different judicial system, also quite a small place

2 She gave her reason for growing as profit only

3 They were 20 flowering plants

Given that 'cannabis factory' means more to the average reader than 'commercial grow' it all seems fairly tame by UK press standards

Poetic justice ...... fucking greedy tax collector gets bust, I hope she gets a tax bill for her 'factory' work

V1AAA

pop a seed and count 28 days.... under a cfl

10 weeks flower and 1 week dry

you be surprised how little you get !!! haha

little will

Jesus, the shit they try an push into peoples minds about 'EVIL' weed, man it makes me angry. There is nothing wrong with growing the Holy Herb, smoking wot you grow, its a plant, just like a tomato. If cucumbers got you high would they be illegal?

grimweeder

Jesus, the shit they try an push into peoples minds about 'EVIL' weed, man it makes me angry. There is nothing wrong with growing the Holy Herb, smoking wot you grow, its a plant, just like a tomato. If cucumbers got you high would they be illegal?
yes they probably would like most other things that get you high.
i wish they did get you high tho, would encourage the kids to eat more greens lol.

Chronic777

yes they probably would like most other things that get you high.
i wish they did get you high tho

Its quite funny, when i eat healthy, do loads of exercise, meditate etc... and then feel ecstatically happy, theres a kindof guilt that i shouldn't be allowed to be this happy, like its illegal to feel good, its fucking ridiculous

pedrodepaco

1 oz of weed a week aint shit even my medi grades shit has diminished effects after a few days i can smoke almost non stop. 6 1.5 gram spliffs a day adds up. I start flowering clones right after they adjust from transplant. that leaves me with about 20 grams per plant. 20 x 20 is only like 400 grams 400 grames times 2.5 months is only 6.5 grams or so a day not much at all and that is the average timespan of a flower run. Bush growers are far and few between these days. You get less tops per square meter and tops hold the weight. I can get more of 5 plants no veg than 1 plant 4 weeks veg.