What's new

Uh-oh, Norcal rain next week, advice please?

jescowhite

oxidate works great on botrytis doesn't seem to mess with the trichs, I used it liberally on my spring greenhouse run and just looking at the nugs still sitting now they look very frosty. The oxidate will turn the mold brown ... 'oxidized'.

S

SeaMaiden

OxiDate will not burst trichomes, they're completely different from a bacterium, protozoa or other microbes. For one thing, they don't exactly have cell walls/membranes.

Here's some information on paracetic acid from EnviroTech:
Peracetic acid (also known as peroxyacetic acid, or PAA), is an organic compound. It is a colorless liquid with a characteristic pungent odor reminiscent of household vinegar. All commercially available PAA products contain an equilibrium of PAA, hydrogen peroxide, acetic acid, and water. Its formula is CH3CO3H.

Peracetic acid is an ideal antimicrobial agent due to its high oxidizing potential. It is highly effective against a broad range of microorganisms. In addition, PAA breaks down in food to safe and environmentally friendly residues (acetic acid and hydrogen peroxide), and therefore can be used in non-rinse applications. PAA is one of the most environmentally friendly antimicrobial agents, since resulting wastewater can be land-applied for irrigation and is generally eligible for NPDES permits to discharge to natural waterways.

The United States Environmental Protection Agency first registered peracetic acid as an antimicrobial in 1985 for indoor use on hard surfaces. Today, registered applications have expanded to include: sanitation at food and beverage plants, agricultural premises, wineries and breweries, greenhouse facilities and equipment, as well as animal housing. Peracetic acid is also approved for use in dairy/cheese processing plants, and directly on fruits and vegetables, as well as on meat, poultry, and seafood products. It is also used to prevent bio film formation in paper and pulp industries, and as a disinfectant for municipal effluent. As the interest in "green chemistries" increases, PAA is finding use as a biocide in industrial cooling water systems.

I'm glad I've never had to deal with botrytis (yet? please, not ever), I understand it's incredibly persistent, not to mention problematic.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I pulled ALL my outdoor this week before the rains come in. Located in Santa Cruz Mountains, pulled the AffyGoo (kush) and ALlen Wrench Hybrid heavy Sativa side....check it

picture.php

picture.php

Only 10 plants not a big outdoor but my 1st in 20 years lol..had to move into the garage we had so much - Allen in the garage;

picture.php

picture.php

Natagonnaworrie

If you love life, don't waste time. For time is wh
Veteran
:laughing:

Ummm how can you tell what the buds look like when they have all that leaf around them still? Are you referring to the lack of yellowing?

CanniDo Cowboy

Veteran
yea we are chopping everything possible thats finished but im for sure gonna have a few plants still out there...plus we are only taking tops so most plants still have the lowers out. we have at least 10lbs chopped and trimmed so at least we have our costs somewhat covered...but still at least another 10 still on the branch that we are gambling with...cant really do much...

Ah, the life of a farmer...lol Whoa damn, I guess we should have expected this. We started with a weird spring and now it looks like we're gonna finish by havin early rains to deal with. For sure, this is the kind of stuff that will make ya stand up like a real gro-man, or lay down and cry like a baby...Hang in there gro-bros, just walk softly and carry a big...umbrella? CC

G

guest8905

imo all these storms, crappy springs ect are making us better growers, or some of us imo.

ive learned so much the past two years about preventive measures for everything from weather to pests ect. While the storm sounds bad, it could be way worse.

Im really grateful that we have (at least most of us in norcal) to worry more about bad weather than bad pigs.

Bad weather and pest loss can be prevented or minimized imo with proper preparedness, but a batch of shitty leo can ruin your year and many more after that in a quick swoop.

So lets have perspective and give thanks the weather is our concern.

:ying:

S

SeaMaiden

I'm not very thankful about the weather this year. It's seriously impacted our food crops, and it's a gauge of overall climatic shift. We can expect La Nina fu to be exceedingly strong this coming year, too.

Ooohhh, the oscillations.

nomaad

Veteran
lol. if i had a huge barn, a skip loader and all my pots on pallets that might be a possibility. Next year with the reduced county limits, everything is going to be under hoops when the nitty gets to the gritty.

I just got back from my first (of what will be many over the next few days and nights) leaf blower missions. I am rocking the lowest power gasoline european leaf blowers. Its handheldd, no jetpack involved. From far enough away you can blow just enough wind on the colas so that you can see water blowing off the plant. When you get good you can throw the water where you want it to go. Its kinda like telekinesis. But noisier.

Shake shake shake, folks. The stuff that is still out in the weather is all thinner bladed sativa hybrids. They are prized for vigor and mold resistance.

So far, the amount of rain combined with the amount of leaf blowing feels like a winner in the end. The plants seem to have sped up their ripening. I'd like about another 17-20 days. I'm staying positive. I'm also ready to bring it in fast if mold shows up.

Time for another blower mission.

Last edited:

Bullfrog44

Veteran
The cordless blowers are awesome

Why you guys bringing up my wife? JK.

I hope the rain doesn't hit my area, (bay area) if it does I will pull the plants that are ready and let them hang dry in my garage. Some will have to stay out however, hope for the best. I love the leaf blower idea, using it for sure.:tiphat:

maxmurder

Veteran
imo all these storms, crappy springs ect are making us better growers, or some of us imo.

ive learned so much the past two years about preventive measures for everything from weather to pests ect. While the storm sounds bad, it could be way worse.

Im really grateful that we have (at least most of us in norcal) to worry more about bad weather than bad pigs.

Bad weather and pest loss can be prevented or minimized imo with proper preparedness, but a batch of shitty leo can ruin your year and many more after that in a quick swoop.

So lets have perspective and give thanks the weather is our concern.

:ying:

i put a dozen out last minute on solstice and they got blown to shit so i had to build a "windscreen" for my outdoor, this is a couple days after the blowjob..

got a little past half way..

a figured i better go a head and do this.. (afterall, overkill IS underrated right?)

ended up with..

next year i won't even try without a nice gh complete with solar fans. then it's dep dep fullsun!:jump:
that's what i learned this year:D

dragunn

cover you whole plant with a plastic sheet,then use a cordless leaf blower to circulate air every now and then under the tarp.

gcgreen

I ended up rigging up this temporary rain shelter. I used 20 ft 2 in pvc, 2x4 and 100 x 20 clear plastic. Supposed to get 1.4 inches of rain, hoping the winds dont get too high and this stays put. Hoping to pull the plastic off thursday when the rain clears.

Last pic is dj shorts bb. Crossing my fingers, best of luck everyone!

maxmurder

Veteran
I ended up rigging up this temporary rain shelter. I used 20 ft 2 in pvc, 2x4 and 100 x 20 clear plastic. Supposed to get 1.4 inches of rain, hoping the winds dont get too high and this stays put. Hoping to pull the plastic off thursday when the rain clears.

Last pic is dj shorts bb. Crossing my fingers, best of luck everyone!

HA that's perfect- i helped my neighbor do something real similar and it worked killer. we used selftap screws, cordless screwgun, 2x2's and 1" pvc. and a 6' ladder. used springie clamps and staple gun to connect plastic to pvc and 2x2's. we got it done in less than a hour. it was about 40' x 20'. ghetto as fuck but it kept most plants dry. it's not too late.