What's new

UFO's in Renaissance Art.......

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well I've believed in them for years anyway. I've also observed what I & a friend considered to be a UFO one night, yes we were high, no we weren't tripping.

This is rather cool though, it seems to be proof positive of UFO's imo, back then most their dreams were of man actually taking winged flight. Only a few 'Da Vinci' types thought of vehicles for flying and then even those were not jet/rocket propelled as depicted in these paintings.

This a very cool revelation. I'll buy the book if I can find it in English.

...................UFO's in Renaissance Art.......................

SORRY BUT THE ABOVE LINK IS NOW DEAD.

The pics I've now posted in post #19 show some of the same images that were shown in the now dead video link.

Last edited:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
BrainBoy said:
cool video, ufos are real in my opinion it will only be a matter of time till it is commonly accepted.
only a matter of time until our govt. tells us what we know is real already too bro.......

Ganico

Veteran
I saw a giant comet one time, lasted probably 1 or 2 full seconds, much longer than all the others I've seen.

But it, from my perspective of the sky, was about the size of a chickpea or marble, with a long purple tail. It was close enough where you could see the tail dissipating behind it, almost pixelized.

That's the closet thing to a UFO I've seen

sirharrynuggz

I don't know if I believe in alien "UFO's" or not. But I am not a religious person, and I often wonder how many people who are firm believers in UFO phenomenon are also firm believers in the Bible. Wouldn't the existence of supremely intellectual alien beings kind of debunk not only Christianity, but many if not all of the "earthly" religions?

Guest423

Veteran
sirharrynuggz said:
I don't know if I believe in alien "UFO's" or not. But I am not a religious person, and I often wonder how many people who are firm believers in UFO phenomenon are also firm believers in the Bible. Wouldn't the existence of supremely intellectual alien beings kind of debunk not only Christianity, but many if not all of the "earthly" religions?

actually they talk about aliens and ufo's in the bible....i'm not a bible thumper but i just seen a documentary on it.

all i know is i seen 6-7 ufo's one night up on the hill in the woods and so did 5-6 of my friends....it was a group of them that just hovered over the trees for a little bit then they shot off faster then anything u could ever see....they left a streak of light in the sky kinda like a shooting star leaves but with color....it took them probably 1-2 actual seconds to go from right above the tree line to out of the galaxy....i wish i could see things like that all the time.

Babombeez

Time2Unite said:
actually they talk about aliens and ufo's in the bible....i'm not a bible thumper but i just seen a documentary on it.

all i know is i seen 6-7 ufo's one night up on the hill in the woods and so did 5-6 of my friends....it was a group of them that just hovered over the trees for a little bit then they shot off faster then anything u could ever see....they left a streak of light in the sky kinda like a shooting star leaves but with color....it took them probably 1-2 actual seconds to go from right above the tree line to out of the galaxy....i wish i could see things like that all the time.

I don't mean in anyway to hijack this thread, but I've written a 22 page paper on UFOs and religion. Here is the link to the ICmag thread...

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=67504&page=1&pp=15

There is much evidence that humankind has definitely been intercepted long ago in our ancient past by beings...

I highly recommend reading my essay, as it may answer some of your questions and may even "connect the dots."

What boggles my mind is that so many "religious" people have such a hard time believing that we are not alone in the universe, when it says straight up in scripture that we have been visited, then when you take a look at renaissance artwork and other forms of art before the invention of Hollywood's "science fiction," (who all too conveniently made people laugh at the idea of alien visitors), then you will see that there is solid proof. This is a true fact that we are not alone, and I still hold my ground on that if anyone denies this then they are denying themselves one of the greatest truths in the history of humankind.

Beez

Last edited:

Kizzattack

I was high when I saw some weird lights going unnaturally up and down in the sky. It was one of those nights where I decided to drive up on top of a hill in the countryside and smoke whilst looking at the city from far away. I thought it was the cheese that made me see them, but in the paper about a month later aparently there have been a few sightings recently around here.

marx2k

Veteran
Ok... so you have an advanced civilization flying light years to check us out... why do they still have headlights on UFOs? That always bugged me

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
marx2k said:
Ok... so you have an advanced civilization flying light years to check us out... why do they still have headlights on UFOs? That always bugged me
I've never heard them described as headlights before today. Their lights might be required (as lights on our planes are) in their civilization, some of their lights or their appearance however might be from the reaction of their propulsion system to our atmoshere. Maybe they want to be noticed. There are many daytime (no lights I guess) observations of UFO's, almost all by pilots but most of them die off quickly as pilots would certainly be reluctant to pursue any farther what they've seen if they fear to soon find themselves grounded. It's the feds that issue pilots licenses & you can bet UFO chatter is frowned upon by officials.
And hey, I don't claim to know anything about anything about UFO's being real. Me & Bill were no higher than we've ever been when we saw on a clear night a craft w/ lights moving in an erratic pattern, impossible by our standards of air travel. What drew me and Bill outside to begin with was the very strange sound of its engine(s). So unlike anything I've ever heard, an obvious exchange of air for power and exhaust & maybe I'm wrong there. Maybe it was just sucking in the air w/o any exhaust, there was no whooshing, no roar, no vapor or flame trails, a sound of power yet at very low RPMs.
Truth is we'll never knows until the govt. reveals what it's been hiding.

I really like the images seen in the artworks mentioned in the video.

guineapig

Veteran
My alien abduction experience is posted on another thread here if anyone cares to read about it......also i had a friend who was driving with another friend at around 1:30 AM and as they crested a hill they saw an enormous ship about the size of a football field......just then all the power in their car went off and they sat there absolutely terrified.....in a few moments the UFO lifted off without a sound and was gone in the blink of an eye......the power to their car came back on and off they went, but neither one was ever quite the same again......

There are lots of stories of ancient technology and alien beings in the mythological legends of hundreds of cultures around the world, so its no wonder it shows up in Western art.....

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

PazVerdeRadical

all praises are due to the Most High
Veteran
marx2k, consider these may be crafts which are not necessarily mechanical, hence their light should not be thought of as headlights. however, there are mechanical crafts as well.

guineapig, good to read you man! where can i find that story you talk about? got me real interested. hope all is good and well.

anyone ever seen a film documentary shot in the 70s called The Chariots of the Gods by Erich von Daniken? most images you see in that history channel cut came from there. in fact, a lot of images that were taken for the first time and often times without authorization in that documentary (as it was not permitted to photograph certain things in certain sites, believe it or not). . good luck finding it, i have had a hard time doing so. all i got is a vhs tape i recorded from an old beta tape.

paz

sirharrynuggz

It just seems like if there are such intelligent life forms, than they are probably the true creators. It is very odd that most, if not all, of these appearances in old paintings are religious paintings. Usually featuring Mary. Maybe they are responsible for her impregnation? Is "God" really extraterrestrial life?

nycdfan042

Its COOL to DROOL!!!!!!
Veteran
cave drawings, paintings since painting was done, have always shown craft, flying objects chariots of fire..theyre there man its just a matter of time before its commonly known.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK, so this may not be positive proof of their existence but there are many examples of UFOs appearing in artworks dating back hundreds of years. In those days the only things seen flying regularly would be birds and so it stands to reason that mans earliest drawings of manned flight are mainly examples of winged men without any type of vehicle assisting flight, we have archived artworks and drafted designs proving this fact. da Vinci broke the mold with his genius design work for the day, aside from Leonardo's manpowered vehicles every other depiction of man flying is man taking flight under his own power like a bird; there couldn't possibly be good reason for saucer shaped UFO's aside from them being observed and recorded in the only format available in those days.......

madona1.jpg

madona2.jpg

~ "The Madonna with Saint Giovannino" ~
Above Mary's left shoulder is a shining, or glowing, disk shaped object. A man and his dog can clearly be seen looking up at the floating object in the composite below. Painted in the 15th century, Palazzo Vecchio lists the artist as unknown ~ although attributed to the Lippi school.

Upon closer inspection, the man seems to be looking away from the UFO, behind him and over his shoulder. Or, more likely, the notably out of place object may be imagined floating above the ground between them. From either perspective, could Mary be seen as blocking the two babies from the flying saucer's view? Perhaps the dog glimpses the hovering object ~ with it's mouth open, it could even be barking at it. But what is that dark, sparkling, disassembled figure beside them ~ a dwarf, or an ethereal being? A body, legs, head, and tail can be made out. Could this represent a type of alien, or demon? Also, Mary's halo seems a bit shadowy ~ more like a vaporous disc than a ring of light.

crucifixion1350.jpg

crucifixion1350b.jpg
crucifixion1350c.jpg

"The Crucifixion" hangs above the altar at the Visoki Decani Monestary in Kosovo, Yugoslavia ~ it was painted in 1350. On either side of Jesus are a pair of Jetsons like skycars, one chasing the other ~ the pilots apparently working controls. The leading craft is decorated with two twinkling stars, one reminiscent of national insignia on modern aircraft

Could there possibly have been sightings of UFOs like these, single pilot craft, in medieval Yugoslavia? Did people of the time merely imagine the inside and workings ~ or did they witness it for themselves?

baptism1710camb.jpg

~ "The Baptism of Christ" ~
Fitzwilliam Musuem, Cambridge, England
Painted in 1710 by Flemish artist Aert De Gelder
depicts a classic, hovering, silvery, saucer shaped UFO
shining beams of light down on John the Baptist and Jesus.
What could have inspired the artist to combine these two subjects?

svet.jpg

svet1.jpg
svet2.jpg

17th Century fresco depicting the Crucifixion of Christ,
located in the Svetishoveli Cathedral in Mtskheta, Georgia.
Notice the two saucer shaped objects on either side of Christ
~ complete with stylized flames, blasting off in either direction.

In the two blow ups (below) you can see that they contain faces.
Certainly ancient UFOs were associated with the highest of divinity
~ but were the requisite lights perhaps thought to be the eyes of angels?

annales1.jpg
annales2.jpg

These images from the 12th century manuscript "Annales Laurissenses"
(Latin for "volumes" or "books" about "historical and religious" events)
depicts the Saxon siege of Sigiburg Castle, France, in the year 776.
The Crusaders had the medieval French completely surrounded
when the "flaming shields" suddenly appeared in the sky;
(the manuscript reports this as being over a church).
Assuming the French were being protected,
the Saxons fled in fear from the UFOs.

btw, 12th century predates chinese invention of the
rocket yet notice the fiery entrails from the 'shields'.

balloon1338.jpg

Image from the French book
"Le Livre Des Bonnes Moeurs"
by Jacques Legrand, 1338 (left).
Sphere resembles a Montgolfiere
(French for baloon) but there were
no balloons in 14th centurey France.
Notice also: several daylight stars,
the monstrous faces in the rocks
and the men are offering seeds?

Last edited:
H

h^2 O

I wonder if it has anything to do with Rennes le Chateau...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rennes-le-Château

If anyone is not familiar with it, the priest who ran the church supposedly found something really old there...and the Vatican took it and gave him like millions of dollars. Then he started making strange statues in the church...a demon thing...Mary Magdelane with Jesus and a baby...all kinds of weird stuff....Jesus being carried out instead of being ressurected...which made the empty tomb look like a miracle. Google Image it.
But I wonder if instead of discovering MAry Magdelane was JEsus' wife, he found like an alien tablet or computer or something.
I wonder if "demons" from the bible are really aliens. That would suck.