What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ufc 2010

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day Folks

Romero is a clever fighter .
He changes up his riddum as GSP would say . Fast - slow - explode . His wrestling has got to be his advantage . Mixing up take down attempts with striking will keep Bobby knuckles thinking what`s coming . Whittaker has speed and power , does fade a little in later rounds . 5 rounds I believe he has a fitness advantage . As Romero carries a lot of muscle .

Valentina vs Nunes is gonna be good . Valentina for the win by decision .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Whoa, that Gaethje Johnson fight! I just lit up before they started and what ride! That is what you watch the UFC for.

In the future, Gaethje has to move his head a little. Not gonna be able to do that raging bull thing with everyone.

Most likely gonna buy 213. Tonight was a good omen for what is to come.

Bwanabud

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Gaethje - Johnson....Great fight and main event, heck of a debut...Justin had better learn head movement, the LW division has some beasts that will destroy him.[/FONT]

UFC 213:

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Valentina vs Amanda....Hoping Val ground & pounds Nunes azz, her big mouth grinds my nerves. Valentina is calm and reserved, Amanda thinks she's playing the CMG self promotion...there is only 1 Conor. Valentina wins by KO late[/FONT]

Whittaker
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] vs Romero....Robert's cardio and hand speed should drop Yoel, I see him going all the way to the belt. Never liked Romero because of his cheating with PED's and sitting on the stool resting for an extra minute...he's plain dirty. Whittaker wins by KO

[/FONT] Werdum vs Overeem....Good bout, and a tough call on the winner. Both fighters are hot/cold, Overeem by decision

Bwanabuds's Saturday morning ramblings:
Kazushi Sakuraba....Entering the hall of fame, and the idiot announcer
[/FONT]
Todd Grisham couldn't pronounce his name ??? What a moron, should have left Mike Goldberg in the chair.

Justine Kish....Was offered $15,000 for her shit up shorts from her past fight by a fan, some people should be thrown in a burlap bag with rocks at birth and tossed in a river.

Enjoy the fights tonite, I'll be watching and smoking the devils lettuce :tiphat:

Meraxes

Veteran
Watching the replay of Amanda v Rhonda again, and her striking is technically perfect here, almost Silva like when he was taking off. I see the same result tonight, Amanda by KO in the first 2 rounds. I don't understand the CMG comparison at all, the champ needs to be the champ, and haven't noticed anything over the top there.

Whittaker by KO first round, can't wait to see Romero go down...

...and fireworks last night, wow! Thought Johnson had him for a moment, then the horn...

Bwanabud

Friggin BS, card started out Garbrandt vs Dillashaw & Cerrone vs Lawler...you end up with Nunes vs Shevchenko instead and she's probably dirty. If I paid $600 for a seat to that I'd be throwing un-shelled peanuts at Uncle Dana's bald head.

Nunes had to of failed USADA, or maybe a staph infection...she made weight, nobody gets hurt the day before event training....I say she failed USADA, or snatched an IV to get fluids.

First it's announced as "undisclosed medical reasons" now the UFC hurries with a statement "undisclosed illness", if you pull out of a main event I'm sure the brass knows exactly what is the problem...not like she didn't show up for work or call.

Word is Joanna Jedrzejczyk is begging Dana for the fight against Shevchenko, that would be a great replacement at 6 hrs notice.

Posted at 3:55pm EST by JJ
"I spoke with @danawhite and the @ufc - we are going to try and make this fight happen! #ufc213

Bwanabud

Not so fast,,,,JJ just posted this at 5:30pm EST

"Hey @bslater9 so sorry, plans have changed won't be able to make all the meetings on Monday - I will be in NYC doing a victory tour - @ufc213"

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G `day Bwana

Valentina has striking that could cause Joanna trouble .
Also Valentina has some pretty slick Judo that could take it to the mat . The trip throws she used on Pena were very slick .

My son is a HUGE Reem fan . So guess who I`m cheering for ? Carn Fabricio !

@ Meraxes .
re Nunes shotting Ronda . Ronda is not exactly a slip and rip type . Not so hard to land when the opponent stands in front of you and doesn`t move their head . The 1st punch had Ronda on queer street . Didn`t get any better from there .

2 weekends . 2 Ozzie champs ? Disappointed Megan Anderson pulled out of the Cyborg fight . I was looking fwd to that .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G `day Bwanna

Uh huh !
Joanna`s machine gun style would suit Valentina . She wants her opponent to attack and land counters . She`s not as good at leading the dance . Her fight with Holly was pretty uneventful as both women are counter strikers .

Val is a pretty handy belly dancer too !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmWaNiANwN0

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Bwanabud

NSAC say's not enough time to clear JJ for fight, medical and drug clearance takes too long...shiiit.

Looks like Valentina loses a paycheck

Bwanabud

Dana White on Nunes Live:

Told by @danawhite that "the doctor cleared her to fight...she said she doesn't feel good. It is what it is. You can't make anyone fight."

Should strip her belt, didn't feel good ? a little tummy ache, come on Nunes a champ doesn't do that...duck duck goose

-Ironlion

watched the first fight with Nunes before.... "Val" Dominated the 3rd round.Suddenly her Striking was much Superior !

other news .... Mayweather/Mcgregor are in london nxt friday Promoting the upcoming Match

also, att:B' when speaking to Pops he says alot of the Controversy over Horn Pacqiau was that many of horns Punches Didnt Land ! = " Pitter patter " . Personally, dont think ive seen pacman get hit so much. Past his Best,should retire.
Pacmans punches were pitter patter? May of read incorrectly

Last edited:

Bwanabud

Lionheart, no I meant if Manny's punches were all pity pat, versus meaningful punches from horn...then Horn winning made sense to me.

But I didn't see the fight, was just surmising based on ref's cards and internet buzz.

Meraxes

Veteran
arrrgggh....thar ya go Elmer ya got yur aussie shot...good for you man(packs). Bit tipsy..lot uh fun

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
No surprises with Whittaker winning. Romero is good for almost 40 eh? Do not see Bisping going the distance with Whittaker.

UFC 214 looks like a card I will buy unless it goes to hell like 213. Jones search for the inner man thru mma, ok good luck with that. Manuwa is a guy to watch. I think Maia can drag down Woodley.

Gotta go with Jones winning. Too much talent.

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G `day Folks

I was on the edge of my seat .
Good fight ! Whittaker`s TD defense and scrambles impressed me . Why Romero`s corner weren`t telling him to kick the leg a la sensei John Kreese in Karate Kid is baffling .

Reem was lucky to eek out the points win I had it a draw same as 1 judge .

Travis Browne is regressing with each fight .

Pettis put on a good performance .

Thanks for sharin

EB .