• Johny Hendricks

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Robbie Lawler

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RetroGrow

Veteran
Well, rooting for Robbie, and bet on Robbie....so you know what that means. Each of my previous bets lost.
This is getting good. Looks like Johnny's nose might be broken.
Robbie seems a bit punched out....gassing a little.

Last edited:

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not a great night of fights but the final was nice.

Glad Hendricks got his belt that he already won against GSP but was denied, but wish Lawler could have won in a way. A real war and both are great fighters.

S

Spider Crab

One judge score Hendricks 10-8 in round 2 and a 10-10 in round 5 :redface: lol

S

SPG*

I scored that
1.H
2.H
3.L
4.Even (H?). ..Replay!
5.H

Happy to get the belt he was! :D:woohoo:
Good undercard too! And good judging. (Overall). "Ariany looks better in black,red for Brittany!"
:D NOT that THAT matters lol :woohoo:

^Yes CG :) ..that texierra is a strong mofo,reckon he might tie jones up!

Last edited:

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Great Main Event for sure :good:
And stoked that Hendricks was able to secure the victory, it was a hard fought battle with both guys coming close to finishing the other one, in fact I think that's the first time I seen Hendricks actually busted up an bleeding :chin:
Shame about Conduit too, I feel he could of gassed out Woodley with his extreme cardio and taken the Win, if his ACL didn't blow out.
Now really looking forward to watching Glover Texiera punch Jon Jones in the face over an over again in the next UFC :good:
:smoke out:

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
I think this perfectly sums up the end of the fight

2q3rsxx.gif

Ultimate Hugging Championship

props to Robbie, he will be back and he will be champ, you could argue that if he hadn't been so respectful at the end of the fight he would have gotten an immediate rematch cause the fans would be screaming for it

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
Yeah ufc 172 cant wait. If Hendricks wouldnt have taken it to him in the 5th ida said wtff. Lawler won the fight but scoring is different than winning. But congrats to Johnny he deserves it.

doneit

Veteran
Watched it a couple times... looks like lawler was faking.
round 3 he slowed instead of finishing him.

I sure hope thats not the case, but thats what i see.. look at his eyes when he is stumbling drunken style in the 5th.. clearly not hurt for real.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
Now Lawler knows how Hendricks felt after the GSP fight. He should have used Hendricks line from that fight, "look at him, look at me and tell me who won."

I give rounds 1, 3 and 4 to Lawler but could see how someone might score Rd1 for Hendricks. He was more active but he didn't land shit. Lawler landed almost everything he threw and had Hendricks head slapping around like a Rock Em Sock Em robot.

Round 2 was a draw, at the end I didn't think either of them won it, and gave round 5 to Hendricks.

So that'd be 49-47 Lawler. Probably should have been 48-48, give Hendricks the first and score rd 2 a 10-10 draw but they weren't going to have it end without a champ.

S

Spider Crab

They never give 10-10 draws do they? Other than this time, I have never seen it before.....

S

SPG*

Yea Congrats Hendricks BUT lawyers a tough cookie that's for sure! Personally thought his smiling would stop but NO,lol :D. (#[%#+*{}!!!''!....)

^ Johnny was clever in the final round

Applesauce

I enjoyed the Rick Story vs Kelvin Gastelum fight. Interestlingly, Story beat Hendricks in another life. Hendricks also had close calls against Pierce and Koscheck. With that said, I don't see him holding onto the belt for long. When you've watched MMA for as long as I have you know not to bet on Diego. He peaked many years ago and is completely stagnant. At this point in his career, his role is to get completely demolished, continue to come forward and not go down (he does this well). The man has the heart of a lion.

By the way, which one of you was in the Buffalo Wild Wings bathroom last night around 10:30 pm. Someone was at the pisser smelling like utter dank and that is not common here.

S

SPG*

^Yea he beat Hendricks.The only guy ever to do so!
I do forget things :-/

^ Sanchez is like queida.. :D entertaining lol
(Didn't look so good against (bigger!?)Myles Jury tho)

Yes!Yes!Yes! :biggrin::woohoo:

Does get "Psyched up" lmao

Last edited: