What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UFC 142: Aldo vs. Mendes

UFC 142: Aldo vs. Mendes

• José Aldo

Votes: 21 84.0%
  • Chad Mendes

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Main card (PPV) (10:00pm EST)
Lightweight bout: Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim
Welterweight bout: Erick Silva vs. Carlo Prater
Middleweight bout: Rousimar Palhares vs. Mike Massenzio
Middleweight bout: Vitor Belfort vs. Anthony Johnson
Featherweight Championship: José Aldo (c) vs. Chad Mendes

Preliminary Card (FX) (8:00pm EST)
Welterweight bout: Ricardo Funch vs. Mike Pyle
Featherweight bout: Yuri Alcantara vs. Michihiro Omigawa
Heavyweight bout: Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Ednaldo Oliveira
Lightweight bout: Thiago Tavares vs. Sam Stout

Preliminary Card (Facebook) (7:00pm EST)
Featherweight bout: Felipe Arantes vs. Antonio Carvalho

Stream info:

FirstRowSports Streams:
http://www.firstrow.tv/watch/102164/1/watch-ufc-142-:-aldo-vs-mendes.html

Alternate Stream links:
http://kiwi-sportz.eu
http://www.firstrowsports.eu/
http://myp2p.bz/

ufc_142__aldo_vs__mendes_poster_by_weoweoweo-d4lw8vp.jpg

mjactivist

Vitor Belfort vs. Anthony Johnson

Vitor Belfort vs. Anthony Johnson

I can see Anthony coming out and putting on a sprawl and brawl clinic.

Vitor is a beast, but if u last thru the first 3 or 4 mins of a fight with him, hes not the same fighter. In the fights that have only lasted this long hes 13-1, with the only loss coming at the feet of Anderson Silva. If an opponent makes it past the 4 min mark or so, Vitor is 7-8.

I think this is a great match up for Anthony as hes a very good striker but a natural middleweight. So I think he'll have much more power and stamina then we normally see him at.

Who ever wins its gonna be a great fight.
Can't wait
L8
MJ

FullyMeltedDome

Veteran
This Card is not that interesting to me.I mean,the Main Event is one i want to watch,but too me is not a PPV worthy main Event.They should have had a Co-Main Event with some strength,imo.

mjactivist

You know FMD, im sure theres folks who think its a great card.

I'm not one of them, but Im sure theres someone who thinks so. lol

I really only care to see the Belfort vs. Johnson fight and im sure the Aldo vs. Mendes fight will be entertaining.
But other then that I could care less.

L8
MJ

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
one of the worst cards ever.....

UFC is scrambling to sell seats and PPV buys.....

only interested in the Vitor fight.....

they should throw in a tag team fight to get people interested....

krunchbubble

Veteran
oh ya!

Anthony Johnson came in 11 lbs overweight and the weigh in's....

fight MAY be cancelled......

mjactivist

No its not cancelled unless Johnson is over 205 on fight night.

Johnson also has to hand over 20% of his purse.
L8
MJ

krunchbubble

Veteran
just realized, ill be at the 9ER game....

may not see this one, maybe ill go to a bar and watch it....

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
fuck taht i'm stoked for Jose Aldo, he brings teh violence. i like Edson Barboza too. and Palhares is always exciting. actually a pretty good card but not many big names. should be great fight

Lung.Butter

Weigh ins were hilarious, AJ at a higher weight class than Vitor and the crowd chanting 'you're gonna die' at Mendez.

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
fuck taht i'm stoked for Jose Aldo, he brings teh violence. i like Edson Barboza too. and Palhares is always exciting. actually a pretty good card but not many big names. should be great fight

Yeah Aldo is a beast... Look what he did to Faber's leg!

faber-leg-2.jpg

And Hominick, LOL -

226033_1679517914383_1430581466_31359162_8158341_n.jpg

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
to be honest i like ever single current belt holders and think the belts are in the hands they are supposed to be and they are all pound for pound some of the greatest to ever do it. that being said. i truly feel like aldo is in a class all his own. he is machine like and i cant see anyone taking that belt for a good long time with the exception of lucky punch which is a reality of any fight. aldo all the way....

Dronli

hahaha mjactivist,i dnt know if anyone else got that pun so ill say it vitor's last loss was at the "feet" of anderson silva...i heard joey diaz say that vitor is still so fucked up form that kick that he gets a headache every time he passes a foot locker

FullyMeltedDome

Veteran
Ya know whats going to be a great card,is the free one on FOX the 28th.UFC on FOX, headlined by Rashad Evans vs. Phil Davis, returns on Jan. 28 from the United Center in Chicago. Sonnen vs. Munoz will serve as the co-main event.Thats going to be a great one.I hope Sugar Pants Rashad Wins so Jon Jones can smash his punkass.Im so sick of how disrespectful he is.Always talking about opponents,and when he did that suck my dickstuff to Forrest in there Fight,i just cant stand him anymore.But he does belittle every Fighter he Faces and says things about them.Hes an ok Fighter,but i cant stand him as a person.Just my opinion.

FullyMeltedDome

Veteran
Is anyone besides me not diggin the MonDay Night Theme Music?I was hopin for some Wedsday night sychrinised Swimming Music,jus kiddin,but the Monday Night Music already belongs to Football,shouldnt useit for MMA too jus because there both on FOX.Am i wrong?Oh yeah,i dont watch Swimming,really i dont.Stop lookin at me funny.lol.

Pinkladyeater

Yeah the whole Football themed music is annoying. Hopefully they will change it to something for future UFC event coverage.