Featherweight bout: Nam Phan vs. Jimy Hettes
Light Heavyweight bout: Vladimir Matyushenko vs. Alexander Gustafsson
Welterweight bout: Jon Fitch vs. Johny Hendricks
Lightweight bout: Nate Diaz vs. Donald Cerrone
Heavyweight bout: Brock Lesnar vs. Alistair Overeem

Preliminary Card (SpikeTV) (9:00pm EST)
Lightweight bout: Anthony Njokuani vs. Danny Castillo
Featherweight bout: Ross Pearson vs. Junior Assunção

Preliminary Card (Facebook) (7:30pm EST)
Featherweight bout: Manvel Gamburyan vs. Diego Nunes
Welterweight bout: Matt Riddle vs. Luis Ramos
Lightweight bout: Jacob Volkmann vs. Efrain Escudero
Welterweight bout: Dong Hyun Kim vs. Sean Pierson

Stream info:

Facebook Undercard Stream direct link:
http://modules.ufc.com/Facebook/live-video/player-wrapper.cfm (may no longer work)

FirstRowSports Streams:
http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/100141/1/watch-ufc-141:-lesnar-vs-overeem.html

Alternate Stream links:
http://www.firstrowsports.eu/
http://myp2p.bz/

ufc_141_poster_teaser_by_aronian-d498pfs.jpg

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Everyone be sure to notice this UFC is on the 30th... Friday, not Saturday like usual.

Also, start times are pushed back 1 hour (like they used to be,) so keep that in mind as you guys plan your evening of MMA :D

Freakin' awesome card, excited about this one!

Warped1

I'm a victim of fast women and slow horses
Veteran
I had to pick Overeem. I like Lesnar but I don't think he moves anywhere near as well as Overeem. I don't think Lesnar will get tossed around as much as Overeem's former opponents. It should be a great fight

The Friend

sweet...overeem is cleared and ready to fight...read on some mma site he is the most tested fighter in the sport...

Ickis

Veteran
It could end either way and nobody can really predict the outcome I just don't think Overeem can keep Lesnar at bay and find him with a KO punch before he gets mauled. He won't be able to get back up like Cain did when Lesnar took him down.

Overeem isn't tested. He fought mostly nobodies. He got his ass kicked in the UFC last time he was here, took a bunch of steroids and fought nobodies in Strikeforce. Hell last fight he was afraid to engage Werdum in an actual fight and wouldn't go after him when he laid on the ground.

I think Lesnar is going to smash Overeem. It will be a quick takedown and ended quickly with hammerfists. My prediction... Lesnar wins in less than 2 minutes. He isn't going to mess around boxing this time. He is going to do the same to Overeem that he did to Frank Mir.

By the way I think Mir is better than Overeem too.

Mr. Bongjangles

Head Brewer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
He got his ass kicked in the UFC last time he was here, took a bunch of steroids and fought nobodies in Strikeforce.

Don't think Overeem ever fought in the UFC - this is his UFC debut as I understand it.

Interesting points regardless. Gonna be a good fight, someone is going down hard fo sho.

Bunz

If Overeem can avoid Brock's takedowns, it should be interesting. He's not only won the M1 title, but also the K1 title in Japan. His hands are second to none, and I think if he can keep Brock at bay, he knocks him out. If Brock gets him to the ground, fight's over........with Brock scoring a stoppage.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
It could end either way and nobody can really predict the outcome I just don't think Overeem can keep Lesnar at bay and find him with a KO punch before he gets mauled. He won't be able to get back up like Cain did when Lesnar took him down.

Overeem isn't tested. He fought mostly nobodies. He got his ass kicked in the UFC last time he was here, took a bunch of steroids and fought nobodies in Strikeforce. Hell last fight he was afraid to engage Werdum in an actual fight and wouldn't go after him when he laid on the ground.

I think Lesnar is going to smash Overeem. It will be a quick takedown and ended quickly with hammerfists. My prediction... Lesnar wins in less than 2 minutes. He isn't going to mess around boxing this time. He is going to do the same to Overeem that he did to Frank Mir.

By the way I think Mir is better than Overeem too.

holy fuck, mr talk out of my ass and not have a clue about MMA guy.....

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Either one of them can finish the fight real quick, but I feel Overeem might get this one :D
It's going to be a great fight whoever wins

FullyMeltedDome

Veteran
Exactly Bro,Dude isnt too knowledgable.First,in K1 hes fought the best.Second,hesalways had a big frame and been jacked even at a lighter weight.Tests are takin so often in every Major Fighting Org,if he was taking roids,he would have been caught long ago_Overeem is a badass striker,and if Lesnar doesnt get him down quick,its going to be the first time hes knocked out,imo.I cant wait for this.And the Diaz vs Cerrone Fight is gonna be nice!

Ickis

Veteran

I pretty sure if you think I was talking out my ass then you know nothing about mma.

Overeem is overhyped and not even in the top 10 heavyweight in my eyes. He got abused at lighter weights and has been fighting nobodies to build up his hype.

I was wrong about the UFC I meant Pride. I posted UFC because I was thinking about the time Overeem got KTFO by Mauricio Rua AT MIDDLEWEIGHT. Middleweight for gods sake in 2005. Now he is a huge over-muscled heavyweight. He didn't do it with weights, chicken and tuna either. PERIOD!

Overeem has been knocked out many times.

Bobby Hoffman at middleweight
Chuck Liddel at middleweight
Mauricio Rua at middleweight
Antonio Norgueira at light heavyweight
Mauricio Rua at light heavyweight
Sergei Karitonov at heavyweight

He has been submitted by

Fabricio Werdum at light heavyweight
Ricardo Arona at light heavyweight

Now he has won 11 in a row against nobodies except Werdum last fight in which he was afraid to engage and 8 fights ago when he fought Cro Cop and was losing so he kicked him in the nuts twice and it was ruled no contest.

Overeem is getting mauled and ref will stop the fight due to hammerfists. Overeem is going to get bloodied up worse than Mir did.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alistair_Overeem

Ickis

Veteran
Exactly Bro,Dude isnt too knowledgable.First,in K1 hes fought the best.Second,hesalways had a big frame and been jacked even at a lighter weight.Tests are takin so often in every Major Fighting Org,if he was taking roids,he would have been caught long ago_Overeem is a badass striker,and if Lesnar doesnt get him down quick,its going to be the first time hes knocked out,imo.I cant wait for this.And the Diaz vs Cerrone Fight is gonna be nice!

Well he sucked at the lower weights and K1 doesn't dominate in mma. You are not going to kick Lesnar routinely because you will be on your back getting hammerfisted.

Brock Lesnar has never been knocked out by a heavyweight. Overeem has been knocked out 6 times. 3 at middleweight, 2 at light heavyweight and once at heavyweight.

So who has the better chin?

You and krunchbubble are clueless about mma evidently.

Ickis

Veteran
I think Cerrone is going to really beat Diaz up bad and will win by putting Diaz to sleep because he won't tap. He will be dripping blood from his face at the end of the fight when he wakes up.

Yesca73

would like 2 see brock get his ass kicked again. I always tend 2 go 4 the old Pride fighters. Overeem should win as long as he doesnt get taken down and cant get up.
I do like cowboys fighting style and had been watchin him since WEC dayz, but will be going 4 Diaz.
puro mexicano209
his trainer comes into my work sometimes. little old man . when he first told me 2yrs ago I didnt believe him till I seen him on TV in Nicks corner on strikeforce.
anywayz should be good start 2 a new years weekend.

Latest posts

Latest posts