What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

UC6XL 2K Horizontal 1.2K Vert Hybrid Garden

opt1c

Veteran
Day 44 Update

Day 44 Update

Time for more insanity. Things are going smoothly. Added a top-off reservoir to keep my nutes and ph more stable in the system. Now i do even less work. Can't complain about that.

Don't worry the methanol cans are empty.

Now for some garden shots... where to start? How bout the top. These next few are with the lights on; you can't see the vertical bulbs; camera is right over em.

Fun eh. :dance013:

Some pics with the lights off.. as you can see the reflector is maxed out vertically; using ever inch.

Couple of the lower canopy...

Some flowers...

Some closeups...

Some with the lights on...

And how bout a stem...

Enjoy. :joint:

stussy22

Looking good. Is this you 1st time running the UC set up? Thinking of getting one just wanted to know how you felt about it.

opt1c

Veteran
Real nice,
Is this your first vertical grow in this setup?

peace

yup; first time rocking the vert bulbs with the horizontals on top... hadn't seen anyone else do it and i over vegged the plants so i wanted to get some lumens down in the bottom of the canopy

Looking good. Is this you 1st time running the UC set up? Thinking of getting one just wanted to know how you felt about it.

check my sig; i think i got two under current grows in there... chemhaze x sourd and a dc x goo one... i love it... easiest system to grow in if you have the proper equipment and know what you're doing.. i've never lost a crop in my under current

I think he likes it
Kick ass plants bro
Nice pics

thank man; speaking of kick ass plants i got a few cuts off some cuts kept in coco in my cloner atm ;)

No more updates?

i'll have one later today or tomorrow; on day 62 of what might be 63 depending on how i like the way the trichs look like

so updates to come... plants are RAGING like nobodies business... sticky icky og nugs from the bottom to the top... can't wait to break apart the system so everyone can see the two canopies... its crazy... like a tropical rainforest :dance013:

benjuanman

Veteran
fark meee!!! thats a tropical rainforest alrite cant wait 2 c wat u yield off em. luvin it man looks like it will b a tasty choof
:smoke out:

opt1c

Veteran
Day 63 Update...

Day 63 Update...

Here they are at 63 days...

Some closeups...

Some macro shots...

Overhead canopy shot...

Some of the lower canopy...

Some of the top canopy...

A couple with the lights on...

Enjoy... they were flushed for 2 weeks; defoliated; held in darkness for 72 hours; and chopped on the 70th day; today

:tiphat:

I'll have some harvest/root pics later on

Dankgravy

it is a rDWC system u buy that comes prefab'd... no need to spend all the time doing it yourself unless you want to and fwiw you can't buy the buckets in blue and the lids are all custom; if u look up earlier in the thread u can see the 4 site lids

I'm not 100% sure because I don't run UC or RDWC, but I was under the impression that the difference between and Under Current system and a RDWC system is that undercurrent system provides the nutrient solution from the bottom (hence undercurrent) and the RDWC provides the nutrients solution from the top.

RDWC- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq0ppgAvm8M
Under Current http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e8mK19mcPM

Not a huge difference either way.

D

DHF

Rockin 3200 watts in less than 32 sq ft has gotta make for some hard nuggage Bro.........

Here`s hopin huge harvey fer yas Optic........now keep them fans off the plants next run....LOL......Killer run dewd......

Peace...DHF.....:ying:.....

opt1c

Veteran
thx man; i'd of moved the fan back to the wall but i'm moving into a new house already and didn't want to do anymore damage to the rental ;)

got em hanging now; u'll flip at the pics of the bottom canopy... chopped the 3 outside and left the 3 inside for pics so u really can see how it developed... they r all chopped now and the room looks like a meat locker... seriously the plants look like side of beef or something; put it this way; they're tied by the stem but the tomato cages are still on em and not going anywhere

and fwiw i think the lower canopy is denser than the upper.... needless to say i'm impressed... next time i might do the same but with 400s in the middle.... if i make the plants any wider the horizontal reflectors won't cover em and i'd have to double the horizontal lighting... which; depending on how i decide to go forward... might happen as well

new house has a 25x20x20ft garage/airplane hanger type thing... which is the primary reason i bought it ;) 1/3rd of an acre, middle of city, under 200K... at least some good can come out of the housing crisis

D

DHF

Been wonderin what happened to yas Bro.....Plain as the nose on yer face bout the bare bulbs hangin uppin the bottom line end results , but then again.......You were runnin 100 watts per sq ft.....

The purpling of the plants surrounding where the bare bulbs were hanging is killing chlorophyll in late flower bringin out the anthocyanin/real colors of the plant inherent underneath the green.......

Usedta achieve similar results by torturin mine with extreme cold lights off , and extreme heat lights on last couple weeks bloomage , makin em pump resin lights on and kill chlorophyll lights off.....Never had a plant that wouldn`t turn colors in late flower to some degree....some more than others....

Ok......You gonna tell us the final numbers ?......How tall did they get......Look like closeta 3 footers + but.....looks can be deceiving......7-8 oz`s per ?...........I know those are dense heavy nugs......

Can`t see any popcorn all the way down low for plants that big......as you said the sideways lower canopy looks better/more dense than the tops under horizontal air-cooled hoods........

Always loved my bare bulbs.....Killer job Bro.....Thanks for the update.....

Peace....DHF.......:ying:.....

opt1c

Veteran
when all was said and done about 3.5 pounds; 9-10oz a plant... pretty decent for a low yielding strain; not as impressive for the fact that it yielded as much as it did but that it did so in a 4x7x8ft space; the whole purple thing didn't really hurt either

in the future i don't see myself pruning any branches from the bottoms or plucking any leaves; possibly slightly shorter plants with 400s in the same configuration... that or larger centers and 13gal buckets for the 600/1k combo... i'm going to start working with some 8x8 spaces in the future as that seems to be a nice standard size to play around with and give others ideas